Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sutton Meltdown

Wow. The line was NDSU -5. Maybe the ref had some money on it*

I know there are refs in the NBA that aren't allowed to ref certain games because of the amount of technicals given. I think it's someone with the Spurs?

*complete BS that I am totally making up, please don't think I actually think this happened.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The call Sutton got all mad about wasn't even that clear of foul, their guard stole the ball and drove but Tveidt was able to block it. There was a little contact but it was the end of game, a game that the refs never really called all that consistently.

I think he was just frustrated and combine that with the history he had with that ref he just snapped.

I will say the ref baited him after the first technical, he just glared at Sutton from across the court waiting for him to say something.

Comment

And the Bison finally win a game because of the officiating?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          How about that?

Comment

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...42361&allcom=1

Comment

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                The call Sutton got all mad about wasn't even that clear of foul, their guard stole the ball and drove but Tveidt was able to block it. There was a little contact but it was the end of game, a game that the refs never really called all that consistently.

I think he was just frustrated and combine that with the history he had with that ref he just snapped.

I will say the ref baited him after the first technical, he just glared at Sutton from across the court waiting for him to say something.
                Not to nitpick, but their blogger said Sutton thought after the ball was blocked by Tveit and it went out of bounds and should have been ORU ball and it was given to NDSU (not a foul). Sutton apparently is not a fan of this ref and had enough after this call.

Oh well. I'm not heartbroken to see ORU at 5-12 and 2-3. They have one guy coming off the bench that is contributing with their injuries. Thanks for taking them down to the wire Bison, hopefully they are still worn out tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

We have been waiting eons for our time for this, and I wasn't there to see it DAMN!!!...........................................
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Does anyone know if Sutton has to sit out the game tomorrow night because of the ejection? That could have more of an impact on the game than anything. I agree with Nidaros that this makes them really dangerous, but not having the head coach could mitigate that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Does anyone know if Sutton has to sit out the game tomorrow night because of the ejection? That could have more of an impact on the game than anything. I agree with Nidaros that this makes them really dangerous, but not having the head coach could mitigate that.
                      I don't think coaches have to sit out a game...but I'm not sure so I didn't help answer your question
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Seems to me, if Tviedt did indeed block it without fouling the ball should have remained with ORU. Now, he could have blocked it off the ORU player or maybe he just contested and the guy missed or maybe after the block a scrum ensued and the ball went of the ORU guy.

Regardless of the scenario, I'm sure ORU got screwed. Damn Bison, even the officials are in their pocket.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Actually Tveidt blocked it and it was deflected off an ORU player, at least it looked like it. But I guess that wasn't even what got Sutton the most upset. It was a few plays before where the ref called an off the ball foul on Niles and it resulted in him fouling out.

Which put Felt at the line for two. It did look like Tveidt was fouled before that but for some reason the ref called Niles for a foul which was kind of weak.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            Actually Tveidt blocked it and it was deflected off an ORU player, at least it looked like it. But I guess that wasn't even what got Sutton the most upset. It was a few plays before where the ref called an off the ball foul on Niles and it resulted in him fouling out.

Which put Felt at the line for two. It did look like Tveidt was fouled before that but for some reason the ref called Niles for a foul which was kind of weak.
                            This is what happened...according to the Forum article referenced above. Just to clarify things.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                              I don't think coaches have to sit out a game...but I'm not sure so I didn't help answer your question
                              I am guessing that being ejected for two technicals would not result in suspension unless something like physical contact with the ref took place.

Comment

I would assume the Summit League has a rule that applies to this type of incident, but have no idea where it is published on the internet. I suspect it's not published. A certain amount of decorum is expected of head coaches, so we may be hearing more about this if indeed a rule exists that requires an automatic suspension.

Seems like there rules about head coaches voicing dissatisfaction about refs in the media. This was a big no-no in the old NCC. Seems like Ed Mierkort got a slap on the wrist for his comments about officating from the Great West Commissioner who works also as part of the Summit League staff. I think Mr. Sutton will be hearing more about this incident. Another shoe will certainly drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X