Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League tournament tickets

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    It wouldn't be that difficult to allow those present to select specific sections or specific seats. Current technology should allow them to see in real time what seats are or are not available when they make a request. They should also make it more clear what seats are available initially and what can be expected to become available after time. None of that is clear. I'm inclined to stop ordering tickets early and just wait until the date approaches and better tickets are released.

I'm interested in hearing from someone who stops by the box office later this week or I might just stop by the next time I'm in Sioux Falls and see what is available. I know plenty of people who got seats in the center closer to the tourney date. Many of us have speculated about the reasons for that and no one has given me a good explanation.

^^^ This is my plan this year. We'll see how it works!!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      You can't pick your seats? That's just stupid.
      No kidding, we can put a man on the moon and everything but we can't pick our own seats for a basketball tourny?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        There's a seating chart for the Sioux Falls Arena, but it just shows the lettered sections (example ,sec U, sec D.....etc).Just go to the Summit web page,& click on the ticketmaster link .
        The end seat number is 78. However I think they skip seat numbers at the isles so there is actually not 78 seats across the lower sections. Last year I was by Sioux Falls Jack and he was on one side of the isle and had seats 62-63. I started on the other side of the isle and my seat numbers started with 66.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          I was 12th in line and got Sec U Row 7 Seats 66-70...about the same as last year. Those that are complaining about not being able to pick your seats during the initial 'on sale' rush...think about it. It would take an extremely long time and truly bog things down if every Tom, Dick and Harry wanted specific sections, row #'s and seat #'s punched in, not to mention the traffic that the online site is getting at the exact same time. I'm just glad I didn't get cornholed with the online service fees like last year
          Every person who punches an order in on-line has a hold on the seats for 3.5 minutes, so when you walk away some other seats come open that were not there earlier, I agree Jacks1, just be happy you get in the door. The center seats are for teams parents and family that have until a certain date to claim them. Not a bad seat in the house except behind the baskets.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
            Every person who punches an order in on-line has a hold on the seats for 3.5 minutes, so when you walk away some other seats come open that were not there earlier, I agree Jacks1, just be happy you get in the door. The center seats are for teams parents and family that have until a certain date to claim them. Not a bad seat in the house except behind the baskets.
            If you know that as fact I'd like to know the date when they release available tickets. As for bad seats, there are plenty on the sides that are beyond the end lines and are terrible seats.

The reason for the restriction on seat selection is a weak one at best. Totally understandable if people come up and order 30 tickets in individual pairs requesting certain sections, that shouldn't be honored. However, if you want to order 10 or 20 tickets all in the same section in one large group you should be able to do so. In fact, it would likely be more efficient than a computer search. So I disagree, you shouldn't "just be happy you get in the door."
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just did a test order over the internet and convenience fee is $18.40 per ticket package this year.
              And that continues to be a bunch of bull$&%#.

We ordered last year at the ticket office and avoided the extra charges, and will do so again this year.

I would recommend everyone else to the same.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

there are plenty on the sides that are beyond the end lines and are terrible seats.
                This is true.
                The reason for the restriction on seat selection is a weak one at best.
                I'm sure a more efficient way of allocating seats could be found. Large companies (e.g. Ticketmaster) rarely have the most efficient databases and programming.

But there's a definite need to hold seats long enough for a 'typical' online transaction to be completed.

I'm curious how tickets are sold generally--if the Arena uses a seat management program supplied by Ticketmaster, if Ticketmaster connects to industry-specific seat management software periodically to update its inventory, or some other system.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                  Which is where I was stuck last year becuase the crabby lady at lewis would not check for seats up high and said they were the best available and would not look for other even though I said i wanted higher instead of behind the basket.

As long as you have an account set up to pay and know how many tickets your buy a transaction can take only a minute or 2. its when your searching over and over trying to get differnet seats it takes so long. the SDSU tickets site allows for tickets to be selected and looks pretty cool and easy to use.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    No kidding, we can put a man on the moon and everything but we can't pick our own seats for a basketball tourny?
                    Well, actually, we can't put a man on the moon any more . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Well, actually, we can't put a man on the moon any more . . .
                      Well, we did, and if we needed to again, I am sure they could, ok, howbout, launch billion dollar space rovers into the cosmos and land of distant planets that record and send data back to earth?

Comment

OK...let me explain a few things about the process. I stood in line two years ago, and when got to the front, was told I couldn't pick seats until the line was concluded. So went to the back of the line. Talked to others back down there who wanted to pick seats. So we told everybody who came in behind us to say they wanted to pick seats. When we got back to the front, it worked (but was in line for an hour anyway).

As to the seating, Section U is behind the team benches. If you blow up the arena map (click on it), you will see there are 7 rows in Section U (and same in W) and 60 seats available (1-60), but the post is correct that you can get tickets up to 78.

The first 5 rows of the balcony are reserved for the schools in the tournament. SDSU has section D. So when you order online the lowest you can get is Row 6. However, when the other schools release there tickets, those seats will become available. I'm not sure when they have to make that decision.

SDSU has seats in the elevated court (Section U), which it reserves for tickets for SDSU's Corporate Sponsors. I think they also have some seats for parents, but I'm not sure.

Good luck everybody!

Comment

Has anyone been able to get any seats in the center portions of the floor risers (U or W)? I assume those are the ones SDSU reserved for corporate sponsors. If anyone has been able to select seats in the 25-50 range I am curious to know how to go about that. Thanks.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Has anyone been able to get any seats in the center portions of the floor risers (U or W)? I assume those are the ones SDSU reserved for corporate sponsors. If anyone has been able to select seats in the 25-50 range I am curious to know how to go about that. Thanks.
                            Not us Doc. We had somebody at the Arena in line as the booths opened this week, ordering ten tickets. We wanted to have 5 and 5 stacked on top of each other in two rows somewhere in the center of the court (even higher in the 2nd level would have been fine). We were given the option to choose best available or wait until the line was through and then come back and get to choose from what was left.

We went with best available and ended up with ten seats in one row on the end of one of the lower sections...our seat numbers are in the 70's.

We'll still enjoy every minute of the tournament and our seats will be fine, but needless to say, the process leaves a lot to be desired.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

How do other confrences do theirs? I am guessing using ticketmaster is the easy option for most people, but is it really the best way?

Comment

Working...
                              X