Summit League tournament tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League tournament tickets

I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet but tickets go on sale Monday August 9th. It was in Wednesday Argus and is also on the Summit League website. All session tickets are $99 for reserved and $82.50 for general admission.

Re: Summit League tournament tickets

Damn, the sdsu season tickets, and neb tickets, I am dang near ticketed out for now. I might have to put it on hold to make sure we know how many tickets to buy again this year. I would recomend getting in advance and not days before the games. Better safe then sorry.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I saw the alert and was being a little selfish by not posting it. I've arranged for someone to purchase tickets at the box office. I did it online last year and it was a disaster. Between the delays and the ticketmaster fees I felt violated. I'm hoping things go better in person. I wish I could be there.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My wife is in line as I type this. She is #25. They told everyone in line that they would not be able to select their tickets. The computer will select the best seats available. That seems contradictory. How can the computer know what you think is the best seat?

I want 16 all session passes, 8 in one row and 8 in the next. If that isn't an option it needs to be. This will be the 3rd different approach to obtaining the seats I want and still may not be ultimately successful.

I'm obviously not understanding the details associated with ticket brokering via multiple distribution sites. Oh well, hopefully I'm saving some cash by avoiding "convenience fees".
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Just did a test order over the internet and convenience fee is $18.40 per ticket package this year.

Comment

Deployed the wife to Sioux Falls and did Ticketmaster myself.

As JackMD reports (my wife was #32 in line) they're not allowing people to pick seats. My wife talked to a guy who just got his tickets and got Section U, row 6, seats 65 and 66. But that was one of the first in line down there. So I went on Ticketmaster and got Section U, Row 5, seats 76 and 77. They're literally four seats farther towards the end from where we sat last year and in the same row.

So we paid the "convenience charge" etc. (about $50 total for two tickets) to Ticketmaster and my wife is on her way back to Brookings. She said it seems like they're just providing Ticketmaster-type searches without a convenience charge at the Box Office in Sioux Falls. So you save some money but it's the same crap shoot as far as where you get to sit. Ugh.

At least we're in the building and in about the same spot as last year.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I just got section W Row 5, and seats in the high 60s. Where would that put me? I know it is lower section, looks like bench side, but how many seats are in a row down there. My guess is towards an end, but wanted to see if anyone else knew.

$25.00 in Convenience charges is an absolute joke....

The 2 prior years, I ordered earlier and got placed in the upper level.

Comment

Report from S.F. box office. Computer generated the options just like ticketmaster. We got row 2 and 3 (I think that is too low and wanted a little higher, no option) seats 66-73 in both rows. Basically the same seats we got last year but a couple rows lower and a couple seats closer to the center.

My understanding, after the 50 or so people in line finished they would then allow others to select seats in whatever location they prefer. If this is true, I think the best option would be to head down to the arena now or later this morning and select the tickets you want to order.

Total price $99 per ticket package. Savings of over $20 per as compared to Ticketmaster. For 16 tickets I'd say its well worth it, especially when S.F. is on the way home from Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                  I just got section W Row 5, and seats in the high 60s. Where would that put me? I know it is lower section, looks like bench side, but how many seats are in a row down there. My guess is towards an end, but wanted to see if anyone else knew.

$25.00 in Convenience charges is an absolute joke....

The 2 prior years, I ordered earlier and got placed in the upper level.
                  I think there are around 76-80 seats total per row so your near one end. That isn't necessarily bad. Row 5 is about perfect for row height. I think almost all the center seats are held back until later. I wish someone knew for sure.

Comment

You can't pick your seats? That's just stupid.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Deployed the wife to Sioux Falls and did Ticketmaster myself.

As JackMD reports (my wife was #32 in line) they're not allowing people to pick seats. My wife talked to a guy who just got his tickets and got Section U, row 6, seats 65 and 66. But that was one of the first in line down there. So I went on Ticketmaster and got Section U, Row 5, seats 76 and 77. They're literally four seats farther towards the end from where we sat last year and in the same row.

So we paid the "convenience charge" etc. (about $50 total for two tickets) to Ticketmaster and my wife is on her way back to Brookings. She said it seems like they're just providing Ticketmaster-type searches without a convenience charge at the Box Office in Sioux Falls. So you save some money but it's the same crap shoot as far as where you get to sit. Ugh.

At least we're in the building and in about the same spot as last year.

You were just down the row from me last year, I had seats 62 and 63. This year I'm still in Section U but row 8 seats 9 to 17 which puts me in the top row of the lower section.

Comment

I was 12th in line and got Sec U Row 7 Seats 66-70...about the same as last year. Those that are complaining about not being able to pick your seats during the initial 'on sale' rush...think about it. It would take an extremely long time and truly bog things down if every Tom, Dick and Harry wanted specific sections, row #'s and seat #'s punched in, not to mention the traffic that the online site is getting at the exact same time. I'm just glad I didn't get cornholed with the online service fees like last year
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I think there are around 76-80 seats total per row so your near one end. That isn't necessarily bad. Row 5 is about perfect for row height. I think almost all the center seats are held back until later. I wish someone knew for sure.
                          There's a seating chart for the Sioux Falls Arena, but it just shows the lettered sections (example ,sec U, sec D.....etc).Just go to the Summit web page,& click on the ticketmaster link .

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            I was 12th in line and got Sec U Row 7 Seats 66-70...about the same as last year. Those that are complaining about not being able to pick your seats during the initial 'on sale' rush...think about it. It would take an extremely long time and truly bog things down if every Tom, Dick and Harry wanted specific sections, row #'s and seat #'s punched in, not to mention the traffic that the online site is getting at the exact same time. I'm just glad I didn't get cornholed with the online service fees like last year
                            It wouldn't be that difficult to allow those present to select specific sections or specific seats. Current technology should allow them to see in real time what seats are or are not available when they make a request. They should also make it more clear what seats are available initially and what can be expected to become available after time. None of that is clear. I'm inclined to stop ordering tickets early and just wait until the date approaches and better tickets are released.

I'm interested in hearing from someone who stops by the box office later this week or I might just stop by the next time I'm in Sioux Falls and see what is available. I know plenty of people who got seats in the center closer to the tourney date. Many of us have speculated about the reasons for that and no one has given me a good explanation.

Comment

i ordered mine online from work at 11. i requested the balcony, id rather sit up there. got section D row 8.

Comment

Working...
                              X