Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal

NDSU LB Jabril Cox has entered the transfer portal. The new norm.

While it would be nice to not have to face him again, I don't like this.

Yes, we benefit from transfers coming in, I just hate to see a stud like that not wearing his original school colors when they make it big at the next level. Having the GOAT kicker in NFL history from SDSU has been great! Even seeing that NDSU alum throwing TD's to Goedert for the Eagles is pretty cool. It would be a crying shame to see a Monday Night Football player introductions with Jabril Cox saying he was an alum of the Sooners, Tigers or Huskers. He's a Bison!

Comment

It's hard to blame the kid. He's being promised everything as we type I'm sure. It's a bad deal for FCS football for sure, but it's nothing new. I would think things like this make the redshirt option a real dilemma? On the other hand it is quite entertaining to read bisonville!

Comment

I thought he was a senior or was he hurt and missed a year. Frankly hard to blame him to improve his draft stock.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I thought he was a senior or was he hurt and missed a year. Frankly hard to blame him to improve his draft stock.
          He's a redshirt junior. Fourth year of school, third year of competition. He's finishing his degree in four years, so he's able to use the grad transfer exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post

He's a redshirt junior. Fourth year of school, third year of competition. He's finishing his degree in four years, so he's able to use the grad transfer exemption.
            Ok. Thanks. Who was hurt a year or so ago Greg something or other a D lineman maybe?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Ok. Thanks. Who was hurt a year or so ago Greg something or other a D lineman maybe?
              Maybe you're thinking of DE Greg Menard? He played almost all of his true freshman season(2014), then got injured in fall camp his senior season(2017) and had to medical redshirt. He came back in 2018 for his redshirt senior season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post

Maybe you're thinking of DE Greg Menard? He played almost all of his true freshman season(2014), then got injured in fall camp his senior season(2017) and had to medical redshirt. He came back in 2018 for his redshirt senior season.
                Yep that's the one. Just seems like you guys had a stud on defense injured and miss a year maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Comment

We all knew his was very good and likely to play on Sundays, but to see some of the top programs has surprised me. Looks like a trip to Baton Rouge is one of his first stops.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    We all knew his was very good and likely to play on Sundays, but to see some of the top programs has surprised me. Looks like a trip to Baton Rouge is one of his first stops.
                    Does make some sense with Pelini there now.

Comment

Cox to LSU. Have a feeling Pelini got LSU involved on this one.

Comment

I see Husker QB, Noah Vedral has entered the transfer protocol. I'm curious if one of the MVFC teams will try to get him or if he will look for bigger pastures? USD created some magic a few years ago with a Gopher transfer. Vedral could have the same kind of magic. He has potential, he's just too far down the pecking order to be in consideration with the Huskers these last two years. I'm also curious if Matt Maskers will do the same thing. Maskers was a QB recruit that I thought we'd get as a preferred walk-on a couple of years ago. Frost came in late in the game and kept the Nebraska kid with their walk-on program.

If this was last year, I could have seen Dan Jackson working to get Vedral in to add an experienced signal caller.

I'm not sure if Noah is related to the Vedral's from Gregory, but I seemed to remember a couple of Vedral brothers having success with the Huskers after strong seasons with the Gregory Gorillas.

Comment

Vedral’s uncles played at Nebraska. He has graduated in 3 years so he grad transfer and be eligible for 2 years
                          since he redshirted his first year at Central Florida.

Comment

Joey Johnson, 6'3" 210, Gretna, NE - Nebraska (Previous SDSU Commit) from 2018 recruiting list walked on to Nebraska and had now entered into transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Joey Johnson, 6'3" 210, Gretna, NE - Nebraska (Previous SDSU Commit) from 2018 recruiting list walked on to Nebraska and had now entered into transfer portal.
                              If he was never on scholarship, he would be eligible right away, correct ?

Comment

Working...
                              X