Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MVFC 2017 Scores and Stats

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
    If UNI loses on of its remaining games it will make our hobo day loss even worse. As it would a blowout at home to a non playoff team. If they win out they will likely be a playoff team which makes out loss to them look not so bad. We don't want any team we beat to lose to anyone else, that is what makes it a good win and we don't want anyone we lose to lose to anyone else because that would make it a "good loss".
    Just saying UNI has an easy finish... I really dont give a flying f--- what UNI does.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Just saying UNI has an easy finish... I really dont give a flying f--- what UNI does.
      the point is the uni loss looks better if they are a playoff team. The Youngstown loss looked ok to start the year but it's looking like a really bad loss now.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        the point is the uni loss looks better if they are a playoff team. The Youngstown loss looked ok to start the year but it's looking like a really bad loss now.
        I am not into this quality win and loss stuff. We lost 2 games. That I know for certain.

Comment

I am not into this quality win and loss stuff.
          The playoff selection committee is into that stuff.

Comment

I am not into this quality win and loss stuff. We lost 2 games. That I know for certain.
            Of course you are into the quality win/loss thing. You just don't know it. What if the two losses were to Drake and Duquesne?
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The Youngstown loss isn't a bad one yet...they were blanked by ISU-r other than that they were in every other loss. Took both Pitt and NDSU to OT. We only lost 19-7. If YSU wins out we're fine. If we do our business and win these last two games we're a top 6 seed. Win either or both in convincing fashion we may see a 5 and possibly a 4 seed. It just depends on the bias for Central AR. JSU is a lock for the 2-3...If NDSU wins out(which we should all be hoping for) they will be the 2 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                The Youngstown loss isn't a bad one yet...they were blanked by ISU-r other than that they were in every other loss. Took both Pitt and NDSU to OT. We only lost 19-7. If YSU wins out we're fine. If we do our business and win these last two games we're a top 6 seed. Win either or both in convincing fashion we may see a 5 and possibly a 4 seed. It just depends on the bias for Central AR. JSU is a lock for the 2-3...If NDSU wins out(which we should all be hoping for) they will be the 2 seed.
                Plus USD only beat them by 3 in Vermillion. The luck of the draw determines when you play a team during the season. If we would have played the Penguins in the final conference game rather than the first, the outcome would likely be much different.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  If NDSU loses one of their next two and we win out, we'd win the conference. Would that mean more than NDSU winning out?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    If NDSU loses one of their next two and we win out, we'd win the conference. Would that mean more than NDSU winning out?
                    Depends on what seed we end up with. I could care less about a conference championship personally. Whatever scenario gives us the highest seed is more important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Depends on what seed we end up with. I could care less about a conference championship personally. Whatever scenario gives us the highest seed is more important to me.
                      Right but in all honesty I would argue that this is a positive step forward for the program if it happens. And Ever the Stig Critic that I am. I will give due to him accordingly. now if we can just stop doing those bonehead things.

Comment

It would mean we'd share a portion of the title with possibly a number of teams. Honestly though if we win out and the bison drop one it does nothing to improve our seeding IMO. if anything it muddies it. If the bison win out it makes our win that more impressive. Even with identical records I don't think the committee would jump us over them. Regardless UCA and JSU are highly unlikely to drop any games. Unless we blow out ISU-r and USeD, I don't see us getting any higher than a 4 seed however it shakes out unless a few teams crap the bed...

Comment

If we win out and NDSU loses, we will have beaten the only other team to beat NDSU. I would think that coupled with winning the conference would give us a higher seed than merely beating a good team once

Comment

If we win out and NDSU loses, we will have beaten the only other team to beat NDSU. I would think that coupled with winning the conference would give us a higher seed than merely beating a good team once
                            That would be an interesting scenario to see what the committee would do. You might be right, because they do like teams ending their season strong, and we would end on a 5 game winning streak and they would end losing 2 of their last 3. However, NDSU would have a legit gripe in that scenario when you compare losses.

Doesn't the 2nd version of the playoff committee's top 10 drop tonight?

Comment

I realize I said the YSU loss wasn't that bad but if we have two losses with one being by a non-playoff team as compared to NDSU's losses being to playoff teams...throw in the fact that the Bison should get some leeway with their past playoff pedigree.

Comment

That would be an interesting scenario to see what the committee would do. You might be right, because they do like teams ending their season strong, and we would end on a 5 game winning streak and they would end losing 2 of their last 3. However, NDSU would have a legit gripe in that scenario when you compare losses.

Doesn't the 2nd version of the playoff committee's top 10 drop tonight?
                                yep, tonigh at halftime of the App St/whoever game....

Comment

Working...
                                X