Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MVFC 2017 Scores and Stats

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    yep, tonigh at halftime of the App St/whoever game....
    Jacks move up to #7. NDSU drops to 4th and USD to 9th

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Jacks move up to #7. NDSU drops to 4th and USD to 9th
      If the Jacks can win out, I'd expect them to get to at least #6. I think Elon will lose this week and next week.

If ndsu wins out, they should be #2, but could see the committee putting them #3.

But first, 1-0 this week against the Redbirds

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        If the Jacks can win out, I'd expect them to get to at least #6. I think Elon will lose this week and next week.

If ndsu wins out, they should be #2, but could see the committee putting them #3.

But first, 1-0 this week against the Redbirds
        The committee will only make them #3 if there's a way to eliminate the second best Valley team before the championship game.
        I'm of firm belief they have been doing just that and on purpose hence why we end up in fargo all of the time( regionality is their scapegoat).

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          The committee will only make them #3 if there's a way to eliminate the second best Valley team before the championship game.
          I'm of firm belief they have been doing just that and on purpose hence why we end up in fargo all of the time( regionality is their scapegoat).
          The committee wants JMU/NDSU in the championship IMO.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            The committee wants JMU/NDSU in the championship IMO.
            I agree. I just hope they put us on JMU's side. Seems like a win/win for the committee if your potential matchups for Frisco are NDSU vs. JMU or NDSU vs. SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I agree. I just hope they put us on JMU's side. Seems like a win/win for the committee if your potential matchups for Frisco are NDSU vs. JMU or NDSU vs. SDSU.
              I don't think the committee wants an all MVFC championship. Our fan bases would love it...but I don't think the committee wants a MVFC monopoly.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                I don't think the committee wants an all MVFC championship. Our fan bases would love it...but I don't think the committee wants a MVFC monopoly.
                This was a big issue in 1986 in D2 when NDSU vs USD in the finals and they started with regional pairings. I hope it doesn’t come up again. We do have regional pairings and still ISU red played NDSU in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  It would make more sense this year for SDSU to go through Fargo because NDSU isn't the #1 seed. But what the committee has done to the Bison in the past, not that it has mattered to their record, is give the #1 seed the most difficult road to the championship by having to play SDSU over a lesser team.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    It would make more sense this year for SDSU to go through Fargo because NDSU isn't the #1 seed. But what the committee has done to the Bison in the past, not that it has mattered to their record, is give the #1 seed the most difficult road to the championship by having to play SDSU over a lesser team.
                    It does seem that the #1 seed usually has the harder road to the playoffs...really weird. Last year was a good example. Our side of the bracket was a meat grinder...how many of the teams on our side could have/would have beaten the top team from the other side? YSU wasn't a bad team, but they were far from a championship contender imo.

Comment

With three teams at 6-2 in the MVFC, as long as IL St isn't in the mix, UNI will be the auto-bid winner, because will have beaten USD/SDSU. BTW, UNI has only MoSt, and IN St left. Same for WIU.

If NDSU loses remaining games, they would fall out of seeds. But with 8 DI wins, cannot fall out of play-offs.
                      Both SDSU and USD need to win both to be seeded. Win once, in play-offs, but playing the first weekend. Lose both on bubble, and could be out, especially SDSU. USD's W vs a bad FBS, is better than a Duquesne win by Rabbits.
                      UNI and WIU are almost guaranteed two more wins vs Mo St and In ST or SIU
                      IL ST needs a least a W vs SDSU or NDSU to get in.

So, MVFC is getting a minimum of 4 teams in, and a max of 6. Max # seeds is 3 for MVFC. WIU is right at edge of getting a seed. NAU making the play-offs is important.

Cheer for Duquesne to win vs Cent. CT. Dukes win, lock down the NEC championship.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        With three teams at 6-2 in the MVFC, as long as IL St isn't in the mix, UNI will be the auto-bid winner, because will have beaten USD/SDSU. BTW, UNI has only MoSt, and IN St left. Same for WIU.

If NDSU loses remaining games, they would fall out of seeds. But with 8 DI wins, cannot fall out of play-offs.
                        Both SDSU and USD need to win both to be seeded. Win once, in play-offs, but playing the first weekend. Lose both on bubble, and could be out, especially SDSU. USD's W vs a bad FBS, is better than a Duquesne win by Rabbits.
                        UNI and WIU are almost guaranteed two more wins vs Mo St and In ST or SIU
                        IL ST needs a least a W vs SDSU or NDSU to get in.

So, MVFC is getting a minimum of 4 teams in, and a max of 6. Max # seeds is 3 for MVFC. WIU is right at edge of getting a seed. NAU making the play-offs is important.

Cheer for Duquesne to win vs Cent. CT. Dukes win, lock down the NEC championship.
                        I've gotta disagree with you here. I thought that USD might be in trouble if they lost out, but with them still showing up at #9 on the committee rankings, I don't see them dropping to 25 or further. This is even more true with SDSU, as that win over NDSU locked SDSU into the playoffs, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          It does seem that the #1 seed usually has the harder road to the playoffs...really weird. Last year was a good example. Our side of the bracket was a meat grinder...how many of the teams on our side could have/would have beaten the top team from the other side? YSU wasn't a bad team, but they were far from a championship contender imo.
                          Isnt that the argument for reseeding tourneys like they talk about for basketball.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Watching ISUblue and Western. I propose that wins against the Trees not count as D1 wins. They are the worst. Just terrible

Western also playing terrible. Anyone watching this debacle would question the excellence of the Valley.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Watching ISUblue and Western. I propose that wins against the Trees not count as D1 wins. They are the worst. Just terrible

Western also playing terrible. Anyone watching this debacle would question the excellence of the Valley.
                              I started to watch but switched to Cent Conn and Duqusne who is 7-2 but trailing 14-7.

Comment

Duquesne opening the game now lead 27 14 early in fourth quarter. Meanwhile WIU 31 ISU BLUE O

Comment

Working...
                                X