Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 MVFC OOC

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Let's worry about the 9 games before then first. That's a loooonnnng way off.
    Young man I am only joking. Hook line sinker

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Young man I am only joking. Hook line sinker
      I always fall for that stuff. God dang it lol
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        USD's QB has been impressive, they will put up some points this year. Defense is having a tough time though.
        He's a good running QB. Passing needs some work. Its seems like he is only throwing screen passes.

Comment

Their defense just seems real bad though. I know it's a FBS game and all, but 587 yds for UNM before the end of the third quarter? Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            USD's QB has been impressive, they will put up some points this year. Defense is having a tough time though.
            Streveler is a beast at QB. He's strictly a running QB and He's really tough to bring down. He isn't going to impress anyone with his arm. Was kind of amusing to listen to Nielsen hem and haw about who the starting QB would be this year.....They didn't bring Streveler in to play anything but QB and he sure as heck didn't go there to sit behind Saeger .
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Streveler's first quarter was very impressive. UNM did tighten the screws on him quite well once they got a feel for what USD was going to have to try to do to move the ball. He'll definitely have some success at the FCS level if he can stay healthy, but it won't come easy against the better defensive teams. He won't be sneaking up on anybody and his passing ability seems to leave a lot to be desired. Based on last night I'd say that USD is going to need to score a bunch of points to end up with a winning record. Sure they were up against a decent FBS team, but it was not exactly Oregon.

Comment

UNM was picked to finish 2nd to last in the Mountain division of the MWC this year. IMO they're not any better than the KU team we beat last year.
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Streveler's first quarter was very impressive. UNM did tighten the screws on him quite well once they got a feel for what USD was going to have to try to do to move the ball. He'll definitely have some success at the FCS level if he can stay healthy, but it won't come easy against the better defensive teams. He won't be sneaking up on anybody and his passing ability seems to leave a lot to be desired. Based on last night I'd say that USD is going to need to score a bunch of points to end up with a winning record. Sure they were up against a decent FBS team, but it was not exactly Oregon.
                  I didn't mean to suggest anything else. He's a better than average player at the FCS level. Not a superstar. They have a lot bigger issues to overcome then QB play. I just found it amusing that Nielsen didn't just come out as say they brought him in because they needed a QB. Maybe my amusement is completely unfounded and Saeger and one of the freshman had a legitimate shot at starting.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I didn't watch the game, but I think UNM returned a lot of players (not sure). I am not surprised the Yotes got beat by 30, they have a lot of new players.

I did not see the UND game, what the hell happened there?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      Yeah they had a huge element of surprise going for them in that game with a new offense, new QB, and new coach. Not taking anything away from what the guy did, he played great, but once UNM figured out he wasn't beating them deep they bottled him up pretty good. He's going to burn some teams for sure, seems like he's a lite version of UNIs QB. He's going to be dangerous but when they scored he seemed to be the entire offense.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Yeah they had a huge element of surprise going for them in that game with a new offense, new QB, and new coach. Not taking anything away from what the guy did, he played great, but once UNM figured out he wasn't beating them deep they bottled him up pretty good. He's going to burn some teams for sure, seems like he's a lite version of UNIs QB. He's going to be dangerous but when they scored he seemed to be the entire offense.
                        The key for any team that runs an offense that heavily features a running QB is trying to keep him healthy throughout an entire season. Especially now that teams have some film of what the Yotes run, Streveler is going to take a lot of hits that are bound to take a cumulative toll as the season wears on.

Comment

USD down 14-0 to Weber State in the first quarter. Streveler with a pick six.

Youngstown up 14-7 on West Virginia in the 2nd.

Minnesota beat Indiana State 58-28.

Comment

21-0 Weber State with 8:30 left in the first after Streveler fumbles and WSU runs it in for a TD. USD with 3 turnovers already.

Comment

USD is now down 21-0 to Weber State with 8:30 left in the first quarter. Weber State has run 1 offensive play to obtain that lead.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Even worse for USD: the white helmets are awful.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X