Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those who like polls:

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Interesting... He could be back for the 2nd round of the playoffs, 3rd round, or possibly the semifinals, but he could miss all of that and only be ready if they get to the championship. Sad to see such a good player's senior season likely end on an injury.
    If Stick would get them that far,they would then have the same debate we are now having.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      If Stick would get them that far,they would then have the same debate we are now having.
      Zero debate...Carson Wentz is 3rd on Mel Kiper's NFL Draft Board for available senior QBs. If NDSU is still alive when he returns from injury - he plays, zero questions asked. Far different than our current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Zero debate...Carson Wentz is 3rd on Mel Kiper's NFL Draft Board for available senior QBs. If NDSU is still alive when he returns from injury - he plays, zero questions asked. Far different than our current situation.
        Agreed. People keep thinking that Lujan is a great QB, when he is mediocre... A very solid backup QB. (Spare me the stats, I know he put up some good stats, that doesn't make him a great QB)

Comment

Agreed. People keep thinking that Lujan is a great QB, when he is mediocre... A very solid backup QB. (Spare me the stats, I know he put up some good stats, that doesn't make him a great QB)
          Who has said Lujan is a great QB?

Comment

You don't think he is at least above average?
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I think a better comparison would be our QB situation last year with Lujan and sumner

Comment

People last year were saying there was going to be a QB issue, Lujan came in unfazed against mizzu. played well had the team lined up for a good playoff run and people were asking if its worth disrupting the team and bringing Sumner back because Lujan was doing well. Fans dont think as rationally as coaches. I am pretty sure after some of the games there were Sumner who comments. probably trying to relieve the fear of losing him with out a clear cut backup.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                  I think a better comparison would be our QB situation last year with Lujan and sumner
                  It would be more like if Christion was your back up and Sumner was the starter.

Stick is the future at QB and was very well hyped. Wentz being the very talented senior, honestly unless Stick is all-world I am sure they would roll with Carson if he could come back that said from what I hear that doesn't sound like really an option.

Comment

how would you feel if this was between Sumner and TC? I only ask because every metric to rate a qb including w-l percentage has Lujan and Sumner in a dead heat.
                    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      It would be more like if Christion was your back up and Sumner was the starter.

Stick is the future at QB and was very well hyped. Wentz being the very talented senior, honestly unless Stick is all-world I am sure they would roll with Carson if he could come back that said from what I hear that doesn't sound like really an option.
                      I guess my point is that Sumner and Wentz have a track record that there would not be two quarterbacks playing once back healthy

*this my opinion I'm sure others might disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                        how would you feel if this was between Sumner and TC? I only ask because every metric to rate a qb including w-l percentage has Lujan and Sumner in a dead heat.
                        We were a far superior team with Sumner, and I don't think it was all that close.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Re: Carson Wentz ? Injured

Sorry to hear about this. Hope Carson heals well, and is able to continue his fb career. He's a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Izzo and Kolpack may know but until there is an official release there is not much they can say.

Um, not true, if they get it elsewhere. If they're worth their salt as reporters.

Comment

Re: Carson Wentz ? Injured

Rumour has it he punched a wall after the USD loss.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Um, not true, if they get it elsewhere. If they're worth their salt as reporters.
                                From a journalistic point of view this may be true. I think NDSU as an institution handled it as any institution should. They waited until they had a medical opinion which happened Tuesday Morning when Mr. Wentz went to see the medical professional.

Comment

Working...
                                X