Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 MVFC Scoreboard

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    22-10 Bison win. Once again they looked beatable unlike NDSU teams from the past couple of seasons.
    Four games into the 2013 season, NDSU had two close wins by 3 points and 1 point and both were games in which the Bison had to overcome two score deficits in the second half (KState & UNI). We just beat the 3rd/4th ranked team in the country by two scores and never trailed. I'd like to hear your explanation of how NDSU looks more beatable this year.

Ps-NDSU has not given a 2nd half point through four games. Not one.

Comment

Never get in a pissing match with a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Hey, check out post #9. I had guessed Montana by no more than a touchdown.

I've tried to pay attention to Montana...they are not going to have a great season. However, since the Big Sky is turning out to be weaker than I had first guessed, perhaps Montana will end up with a decent record. But the MVFC is showing it is wayyy above the Big Sky this season. Now, that having been said, I also think that the Bison are deserving of the #1 ranking until someone proves otherwise. BUT Montana will expose some weaknesses. Or perhaps the Bison on their own will show they do not play flawlessly all the time (see the Weber State game). Since the game is in the brick box, I say there's no way NDSU loses to Montana but the margin will be no more than 12: NDSU 24, UM 12.
        Hando: I'll stick with the above (post 20 in this thread). Yesterday's final score was NDSU 22, UM 10 -- missed them each by 2. Someone is going to have to prove they're better than the Bison but I'm willing to bet that can be done this year much easier than in the recent past. Montana is not a great team (and being a great team in the Big Sky doesn't mean much this season).
        Last edited by JackJD; 09-21-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

SDSU climbed to #9 in the media poll. Now six Valley schools are in the top 25 and the other four are receiving votes. Anyone that doesn't think the Valley is the best FCS conference is denying the facts. IMO the Valley should get AT LEAST four teams into the playoffs.
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            SDSU climbed to #9 in the media poll. Now six Valley schools are in the top 25 and the other four are receiving votes. Anyone that doesn't think the Valley is the best FCS conference is denying the facts. IMO the Valley should get AT LEAST four teams into the playoffs.
            I agree with your thoughts. The media poll, however, is an utter travesty. It seems that some of the voters don't actually pay attention to what happens in the games.

All the ranked MVFC teams should be ranked, with the addition of Indiana State and Missouri State at this juncture.

Albany and Delaware have no business being anywhere near the top 25, NAU still receiving more votes than MSU and ISU-b even after USD beat them Saturday.

I don't think Montana is anywhere near the 7th best team in FCS.

Those are just a few of the glaring errors I see.

EDIT: Oh, and Sam Houston State at 26 - EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE BLOWN OUT BY A D-II TEAM and have 1 win!

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...ot225poll.aspx
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              I agree with your thoughts. The media poll, however, is an utter travesty. It seems that some of the voters don't actually pay attention to what happens in the games.

All the ranked MVFC teams should be ranked, with the addition of Indiana State and Missouri State at this juncture.

Albany and Delaware have no business being anywhere near the top 25, NAU still receiving more votes than MSU and ISU-b even after USD beat them Saturday.

I don't think Montana is anywhere near the 7th best team in FCS.

Those are just a few of the glaring errors I see.

EDIT: Oh, and Sam Houston State at 26 - EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE BLOWN OUT BY A D-II TEAM and have 1 win!

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...ot225poll.aspx
              Does Terry ever post or say how he votes for these things?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                Four games into the 2013 season, NDSU had two close wins by 3 points and 1 point and both were games in which the Bison had to overcome two score deficits in the second half (KState & UNI). We just beat the 3rd/4th ranked team in the country by two scores and never trailed. I'd like to hear your explanation of how NDSU looks more beatable this year.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

If Indiana state can pull out a win against liberty they will probably make mo valley team#8 on the coaches pole. Before the we start beating up on each other.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Does Terry ever post or say how he votes for these things?
                    Never seen him post it. He may if we asked him.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Never seen him post it. He may if we asked him.
                      Sometimes I know he talks about confrence and preseason vote type stuff but not sure if I recall. If I remember during his live chat to bring it up.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post

Umm because they don't look near as good as years past (comparing at the same point in the season). NDSU has had trouble getting into the the end zone so far this season against FCS competition (Incarnate Word is the exception). Scoring a total of 3 touchdowns between Weber State and Montana isn't very good. The Big Sky doesn't play D and somehow the Bison can only manage 3 TDs between the 2 games. That has to tell you that NDSU's offense is struggling. Also penalties have been more of a problem this year so far. Just look at the Montana game. Even USD gave Montana a scare on the road. Need I say more? I have plenty of of other things that validate my statement. The Bison defense is how you are winning. I'm not saying NDSU is bad or anything cause that would be ridiculous. Bison are still the best till someone proves that is wrong. Just saying NDSU can and will be beat this season.

Comment

Week 5:

ISU-B vs Liberty
                          UNI vs Tenn. Tech
                          ISU-R vs. Austin Paey
                          WIU vs SIU

Western Illinois and Southern Illinois open up conference play.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Agree completely. I'm going to go out on a limb a little and predict the Coyotes play a very close one, losing by only one TD. I think USD's talent level is better than in past years but they were lethargic and missing a little chemistry in their last game. A good week of practice can help in those areas. Best result would be a MVFC win every time we meet a BSC member.
                            JACKJD:
                            You may not be out limb on this prediction. Nothing like a Joe Glenn surprise. If he is able to get the right recruits, they can win. Montana seems beatable this year. Although NDSU won on field goals, USD could do the same.

Comment

Interesting fact that TV pointed out on twitter:
                              https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...39756940148736

SDSU, NDSU, and UNI all have a 32-16 league record since 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                Interesting fact that TV pointed out on twitter:
                                https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...39756940148736

SDSU, NDSU, and UNI all have a 32-16 league record since 2008.
                                Another interesting tidbit, I think SDSU is the only team who has not had at least one losing season in league play since 2008. Everybody else has had at least one sub-.500 conference season since we joined.

I'm not sure what that proves, other than its a tough league.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X