X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In other games.....

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Oh boy, I really dread Sept 28th now.

They are they same team we lost to by 3 points up there. We have the potential to be a better team then we were last year. Its should be a great game. Hopefully they can bring in some more bleachers and get a new record crowd.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      They are they same team we lost to by 3 points up there. We have the potential to be a better team then we were last year. Its should be a great game. Hopefully they can bring in some more bleachers and get a new record crowd.
      Thanks for reminding me, but last night the Bison seemed unstopable. Its unusual for Marcus Williams to give up a big play. We need to study the film on that one.

Comment

I'm surprised Kansas State went after Marcus Williams as much as they did. Williams had a pick and a pass breakup in the end zone but he got burned on a double move. Could have costed them the game. Also, what a terrible ending to first half for Bison. Dropped TD pass followed by a shanked fg

Also, did you see Brock Jensen in the postgame interview? I thought he was going to start balling his eyes out on National TV.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Living down here in K-State country: Wildcat fans are shocked that they lost to a D2 team. Unbelievably clueless about FCS and NDSU. One thing that was clear to me (other than the fact that NDSU is very good) is that K-State isn't really very good at all. They will struggle and finish in the lower middle of the Big XII. NDSU looked more physical and certainly better coached to me.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

That was a fun game to watch. I won $50 and didn't need the 16 points given to me! I did get a little tired of the camera following Jensen around after the game winning TD though. Great job Bison.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

What a fun game! It was pretty funny seeing the faces on the fans and players of K-State once they realized that they weren't going to stop NDSU. The Bison were the better team straight up, they dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I just looked at KSU's schedule, and honestly I only see them beating ULL, UMASS, Kansas, and maybe Iowa State....the effect Colin Klein had on the program was under valued. The only real negatives for the Bison where them getting beat a couple of times(which can be expected when playing up a division), and Jenson's continuously high throws(he is going to get somebody hurt this year if he keeps making his receivers jump so much).

It's a great win for the Bison though.

Comment

Let's not forget, this is NOT the same Bison team from last year. They have 1 more year of experience and 1 more title under their belt since we last faced them. The question is, have we raised our game the same amount?

I think K State lost a ton of players, but still a great win. 4 years in a row. Unbelievable.

We only need to look to our rivals to the north to see the type of sustained, successful program we are trying to become.

Comment

9/28 will be a great game. But so will be all of the Jacks games in between. SELA will be a dramatically better team than Jacks saw in Hammond last year. Get out and enjoy the Butler game tonight. It should be a UND/Valpo type game, but may be closer to the YSU/Dayton or Delaware/Jacksonville game.

Bison played a nearly perfect game, and K-State is in the first game transitioning to a new group after losing a bunch of great players. It was definitely the same scenario as App St./Michigan. And the same outcome.

The most impressive part of the NDSU/KSU game is that NDSU never changed their play, even when down 14. And in that last march down the field, the KState players, and FANS knew, that NDSU was probably going to win. NDSU, and hopefully SDSU, play a solid, midwest, smash mouth football. That's why it's always a great game and challenge when these two old rivals play.

Congrats to the Bison for continuing their FBS whopping ways. We'll see if FBS teams quit scheduling the Bison, especially for that first game of the season.

Comment

SIU leads Illinois 7-3 near the end of the first quarter. That game is on one of the Big Ten Network channels. Go Salukis!

Comment

What I saw from last night is that we will need to be able to move the ball through the air to beat the Bison.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        What I saw from last night is that we will need to be able to move the ball through the air to beat the Bison.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Agree, and with Sumner thumb being 100 per cent, it might be a different kind of game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Oh boy, I really dread Sept 28th now.
                            Jeez, come on. Jacks fans should be looking forward to the opportunity to knock off the Bison. It's not like Kansas State is a powerhouse.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

USD 10 - UC Davis 7 - both teams had more yds rushing than passing
                              SIU 34 - IU 42 - neither team broke 70 yds rushing

Also noticed on ESPN.com Scoreboard they have listed "SDSU vs Butler" and "San Diego St vs E. Illinois".
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

UNI 21-IaSt 14 at half.

Eastern WA just upset OR St 49-46
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X