Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU vs Wofford

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Plus,on those 90 % of game days when the weather is nice,people would be bitching that they don't want to go inside. Football was meant to be played outside. If you have to spend tens of millions of extra cost to try to get enough crowd noise to get a couple of false starts, it's not a very good use of your money.
    Some how crowd noise in a dome is okay, but cowbells are illegal noise makers. A couple of false starts? TRY SIX OR MORE. That 30 yards or more for which those stupid bizon fans are responsible for.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Some how crowd noise in a dome is okay, but cowbells are illegal noise makers. A couple of false starts? TRY SIX OR MORE. That 30 yards or more for which those stupid bizon fans are responsible for.
      I dont think bison fans are stupid. They did what they were supposed to do for home field advantage. Why does that make them stupid? Im hoping they go all the way. Arent you? And im with the people that thinks football should be played outside. Had there been a playoff game today in Brookings, i would have been there. Dress extra warm and you wouldnt even know it was cold

Comment

Don't worry about it mitchellrabbit...Nidaros is just having a tough time swallowing recent events. He's a big fan, and I can't blame him. It's all good. As far as getting a dome...it helps with noise...but there have been tons of complaints about playing indoors. I love outdoor football...especially when it is nasty out. Good times.

I appreciate the support from plenty of you guys...and I even appreciate Nidaros admitting to teh butthurt!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          A 20k domed stadium would cost at least $200 million.
          Why do you think it would cost that much?
          According to Wikipedia the Fargo Dome cost $48 million which they state is $79.5 million in today's dollars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargodome.

The stadium I think we should replicate is the Livestrong Sporting Park in Kansas City, MO. http://www.livestrongsportingpark.com/
          We...ARE...STATE!
          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I doubt NDSU's next fotoball stadium will be a dome and expanding it would probably cost $100 million because you would have to figure out another way to support the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
              Why do you think it would cost that much?According to Wikipedia the Fargo Dome cost $48 million which they state is $79.5 million in today's dollars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargodome.The stadium I think we should replicate is the Livestrong Sporting Park in Kansas City, MO. http://www.livestrongsportingpark.com/
              Okay, I am not getting your argument. Construction Costs have increased at a rate much higher than inflation. A modern Fargodome would cost much more than $75M. According to Wikipedia (your source) the Livestrong Stadium costs $200M. Does it have a roof?
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Okay, I am not getting your argument. Construction Costs have increased at a rate much higher than inflation. A modern Fargodome would cost much more than $75M. According to Wikipedia (your source) the Livestrong Stadium costs $200M. Does it have a roof?
                Plus that doesn't even account for the lobby addition or money spent for the locker room and coaches offices. The dome today would easily cost $200 million.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                  Why do you think it would cost that much?According to Wikipedia the Fargo Dome cost $48 million which they state is $79.5 million in today's dollars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fargodome.The stadium I think we should replicate is the Livestrong Sporting Park in Kansas City, MO. http://www.livestrongsportingpark.com/
                  One last point. The Sioux Falls Event Center came in T $115M, and that had a footprint much smaller than a dome.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    Don't worry about it mitchellrabbit...Nidaros is just having a tough time swallowing recent events. He's a big fan, and I can't blame him. It's all good. As far as getting a dome...it helps with noise...but there have been tons of complaints about playing indoors. I love outdoor football...especially when it is nasty out. Good times.

I appreciate the support from plenty of you guys...and I even appreciate Nidaros admitting to teh butthurt!
                    You got it. Its about butt hurt. In reality, if SDSU continues to have success in the playoffs, hosting games in a December like this year is going to be a big problem. Thats what I see as a problem. Who wants to attend and watch a game in sub zero weather? Oh goody, its outside, but who will show up. This will be a real loyality test. I still think cowbells should be allowed. Bison fans are not stupid by the way. It was a bad choice of words.

Comment

Nidaros is always good for a laugh when the Bison are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                        Nidaros is always good for a laugh when the Bison are winning.
                        So I am good for a laugh. Okay I am laughing too, so your turn. I will laugh even louder if the bizon lose this Saturday or the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          So I am good for a laugh. Okay I am laughing too, so your turn. I will laugh even louder if the bizon lose this Saturday or the next one.
                          Bud, you might be dissappointed then. The Bison don't play this Saturday and can't play next Saturday either. The Georgia Southern game is on ESPN2 on Friday, and if NDSU wins, they play again on January 5th in the National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                            Bud, you might be dissappointed then. The Bison don't play this Saturday and can't play next Saturday either. The Georgia Southern game is on ESPN2 on Friday, and if NDSU wins, they play again on January 5th in the National Championship.
                            Okay not being a bizzon fan, I did not pay attention to game times. Should I? At any rate, looks bright for the bixxxon. Is there anyone left that can take you out? I doubt it.

Talking dome talk to this board, is like pisxing in the wind, plus we have the half baked Swifttel Center that would compete for events should SDSU ever build a dome. I thing Fargo-NDSU had a smart thing going in building the Fabulous Fargo Dome. They can host playoff games and make money for the NCAA and still host concerts and what have you. Any movement to tear down Swiftel would be another pizz in th wind. So there you are.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 12-10-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X