NDSU vs Wofford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU vs Wofford

Butt hurt resumes, Wofford kicks a fg on the NDSU 25 AND ITS NO GOOD. 14 to 7 NDSU.

Comment

The butt hurt continues, NDSU wins 14 to 7. I think SDSU would have had a tough time taking Wofford out. They are a tough team with their triple option offense. They had the ball punched out of their hands twice and both were costly killing drives.

Comment

NDSU continued their shutout defense. Have now gone 18 quarters in the playoff without allowing an offense to score a TD. The Bison are #1 in virtually ALL defense categories.

I suspect that NDSU will beat Ga Southern after seeing the triple option this last week.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          NDSU continued their shutout defense. Have now gone 18 quarters in the playoff without allowing an offense to score a TD. The Bison are #1 in virtually ALL defense categories.

I suspect that NDSU will beat Ga Southern after seeing the triple option this last week.
          Yes I get that feeling, two Southern Conference foes in a row. I suspect, a copy of the Wofford vs GSU game is in their hands as are other videos of GSU. I cant imagine a stronger GSU team coming in to Fargo, but could be wrong. No doubt about the NDSU defense being no 1.

Can you imagine playing in Brookings after this weekend? Yikes, I think we should start thinking dome for the future and hosting playoff games. I think Wofford had only three false starts yesterday compared to SDSU having 6 or 7. The ESPN3 guys compliemented the crowd for its participation and knowledge of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I think we should start thinking dome for the future and hosting playoff games.
            I agree on a dome. It maybe necessary to afford the bid process associated with hosting games. Otherwise, I believe SDSU will play a majority of the playoff games on the road.
            We...ARE...STATE!
            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
              I agree on a dome. It maybe necessary to afford the bid process associated with hosting games. Otherwise, I believe SDSU will play a majority of the playoff games on the road.
              A dome is not happening. It would cost way too much. Montana and Montana State can get a crowd for their home playoff games, we should too. Our fan base is pathetic.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

What would a 20,000 seat dome cost? How would cost compare to combined cost of planned practice facility & new football stadium?
                USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  A dome is not happening. It would cost way too much. Montana and Montana State can get a crowd for their home playoff games, we should too. Our fan base is pathetic.
                  Huh how can you say that on a day like today? Yes it looks like our playoff games will end in Fargo thanks to 6 to 8 false starts on offense. There are advantages to domed crowds and their affect on the out come of games. A dome will not cost that much more and might help us win a few games.

Comment

A 20k domed stadium would cost at least $200 million.

Comment

A 20k domed stadium would cost at least $200 million.
                      With bond financing, its possible and really a plan for the future. No one in there right mind would show up for a football game on a day like to day. Also the staduim will probably cost 120 million so doming it is not out of the question. Never happen? It never does in the minds that are stuck in the mud.

Comment

With bond financing, its possible and really a plan for the future. No one in there right mind would show up for a football game on a day like to day. Also the staduim will probably cost 120 million so doming it is not out of the question. Never happen? It never does in the minds that are stuck in the mud.
                        What do we do in 15 years when a 20k dome isn't enough? I predict ndsu will be asking themselves this ? within 5 years.Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          What do we do in 15 years when a 20k dome isn't enough? I predict ndsu will be asking themselves this ? within 5 years.Go Jacks!!
                          I would look for a big retrofit of the Fabulous Fargo Dome. Its owned by the city and bizon seem to carry a lot of weight amonst the City government. It might take a cent or two of sales tax to get done but it will happen when it's time comes. 5 years or so as you say and I dont see this prediction as unlikely.

Comment

I am going to back peddle on some of my posts advocating a dome staduim. It would be difficult if not impossible to justify since, the indoor facilty has a football practice facility include in its plans. I guess the big bitch in my mind is the false start issue and the affect it has on games. Its hard to to get a 100 reading on noise in an outdoor staduim, plus the average SD climate this time of year is not on our side. So I guess we play second fiddle to NDSU in football for the time being.

Comment

I am going to back peddle on some of my posts advocating a dome staduim. It would be difficult if not impossible to justify since, the indoor facilty has a football practice facility include in its plans. I guess the big bitch in my mind is the false start issue and the affect it has on games. Its hard to to get a 100 reading on noise in an outdoor staduim, plus the average SD climate this time of year is not on our side. So I guess we play second fiddle to NDSU in football for the time being.
                              You make a good argument, and I understand what you are saying, but it's not happening. The construction costs are at least triple (if not more) than an outdoor stadium. Also maitenance and operating expenses have to be at least double. Heating/Cooling, lighting....etc. A facility in Brookings won't have the potential rental income like Fargo does either.

Congratulations to the bizon, and nice work on representing the MVFC. Hopefully the shoe will be on the other foot next year.

Comment

You make a good argument, and I understand what you are saying, but it's not happening. The construction costs are at least triple (if not more) than an outdoor stadium. Also maitenance and operating expenses have to be at least double. Heating/Cooling, lighting....etc. A facility in Brookings won't have the potential rental income like Fargo does either.

Congratulations to the bizon, and nice work on representing the MVFC. Hopefully the shoe will be on the other foot next year.
                                Plus,on those 90 % of game days when the weather is nice,people would be bitching that they don't want to go inside. Football was meant to be played outside. If you have to spend tens of millions of extra cost to try to get enough crowd noise to get a couple of false starts, it's not a very good use of your money.

Comment

Working...
                                X