Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Schedule USD Football

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    That's fair. Then we are both happy with the coaches we have. I am not being argumentative, I am just saying passionate people sometimes do foolish things. Sometimes the passion pays off in inspiration that coaches without passion can't generate. I think both schools have good staffs.
    The nice thing is that we now get to settle it on the field, instead of the interwebs. I'm looking forward to it.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Has anyone vandalized those road signs put up about the SDSU/USD FB game this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
        Has anyone vandalized those road signs put up about the SDSU/USD FB game this year?
        Nope. Thus far, everyone has been playing nice to one another. I can attest to that fact because I saw SDSU whip our behinds in basketball and they were very gracious about it.

Comment

Is the SDSU/USD FB game at CAS this year going to break the attendance record?

I think the Bison game in 07 is the record....although I could be wrong....

Comment

NDSU 07 game, that netted the Great West Conference crown, that gave NDSU their first loss of the season, was record in the 16,000-17,000 range. There was so many Bison fans in Brookings that day that it was ridiculous. Will the USD game on Nov 17 break that record. We hope so.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 01-30-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Not sure they can cram 17,000 into CAS anymore with the addition of the Dykhouse Center. But I'm sure the athletic department will be happy to try.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Not sure they can cram 17,000 into CAS anymore with the addition of the Dykhouse Center. But I'm sure the athletic department will be happy to try.
                Yep I forgot Dykehouse and it's skybox feature including Stig's office will not be enough to out number the standing room only in the endzone that accommodated a large number of fans.

Comment

Not to mention that USD will come into this game with MAYBE 2 wins and therefore will bring about as many fans as they did to the Men's basketball game in Brookings. I'm acutally predicting...given that late in November...this game doesn't crack 15K, unless SDSU's in the playoff hunt.

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Not to mention that USD will come into this game with MAYBE 2 wins and therefore will bring about as many fans as they did to the Men's basketball game in Brookings. I'm acutally predicting...given that late in November...this game doesn't crack 15K, unless SDSU's in the playoff hunt.

Go Jacks!!
                    I really don't know what to think about this game. I think 15K might be a little high, too. I guess they are trying to sell it and it is the 1st game in a few years so who knows. The SDSU/USD WBB game didn't have all that many fans but they did just play each other a couple years ago. It was a Monday night and other stuff but you could even be back to Vermillion by 11PM so it's not that bad. If I didn't get a reserved seat, I don't know if I'd go. They will keep selling tickets and have people stand 10-15 deep in the corners.
                    I think some people will show up just for the tailgating. That could be fun reguardless of what else happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      It was a Monday night and other stuff
                      Tickets were $20 GA. That probably had a bit to do with the low turnout.

Barring a blizzard, we're talking top ten attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Go Jacks!!

I think attendance will be somewhat dependent on how both teams are doing. If both have six or more wins, it could be a record turnout. Weather will be the other factor.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I think it will be high attendance barring terrible weather. People will show up for State-U.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                          X