X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Schedule USD Football

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    Ya, pretty good response.

If USD wins 3 games next year I would be surprised.
    I would think you would remember Joe Glenn from the NCC days. Joe seems to find ways to win and I guessing more than three games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I would think you would remember Joe Glenn from the NCC days. Joe seems to find ways to win and I guessing more than three games.

Where will those games come from?

OOC games against Northwestern-Montana-Colgate.....might be Colgate, the others..no!

Full Valley slate.....maybe 2 wins at the best.

More than 3 wins will surprise me.

Comment

Joe's record in conference at Wyoming was 15-31. Better OOC due to weak schedule. USD does not have a weak schedule this year. 3 wins at best is a very realistic expectation.

Contrast that with Montana where he was 20-2 in conference games. I'd say USD is more like Wyoming than Montana right now. This is a rebuilding year, more than 3 wins will be a surprise in my estimation.
        Last edited by jackmd; 01-24-2012, 12:21 PM.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Joe's record in conference at Wyoming was 15-31. Better OOC due to week schedule. USD does not have a week schedule this year. 3 wins at best is a very realistic expectation.

Contrast that with Montana where he was 20-2 in conference games. I'd say USD is more like Wyoming than Montana right now. This is a rebuilding year, more than 3 wins will be a surprise in my estimation.
          Putting it that way makes sense. I thought some Joe Glenn magic might show up this coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            I have and he is pretty good. I haven't been crowing about us competing for a championship. We will compete better than you think. I look forward to the NDSU game in the Dome. We started a new tradition last fall of beating defending FCS champs. You're next.
            I like the confidence but I don't know. EWU finished the year 6-5. I think NDSU will be better than that. USD did have a good team this year with a ton of seniors. This years USD team would beat next years USD team by 14 points.
            What I'm trying to say is USD was better this year than they will be next year and NDSU will be better than EWU. I don't see it happening but I have been wrong before.

Comment

I like the confidence, also - but I think it is very misguided. I think we can be assured that Coach Glenn will not guarantee any victories in Brookings (at least the first year......Thinking he might have learned from the past!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZx5i7LMKu0
              Last edited by MaddogJack; 01-25-2012, 06:05 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                I like the confidence, also - but I think it is very misguided. I think we can be assured that Coach Glenn will not guarantee any victories in Brookings (at least the first year......Thinking he might have learned from the past!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZx5i7LMKu0
                Who knows? Coach Glenn says he's emotional and can't remember the things he does. Glad we have a coach who isn't known for that.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Who knows? Coach Glenn says he's emotional and can't remember the things he does. Glad we have a coach who isn't known for that.
                  Are you saying you are glad you don't have a coach that is emotional? Or a coach with memory loss? And by that you are also saying Coach Glenn is known for this? It's one thing to pounce on a guy that made a mistake out of emotion, it's another to label him as this being normal behavior. I know Joe personally and his high energy levels will prove more fruitful than detrimental long term. I think he is a good hire and will do a good job.Regarding the comment I made regarding next years game vs. the Bison, I don't think there is a game we'll back down from. I am not saying we will win, all I am saying is come kickoff, we will be there.

Comment

Are you saying you are glad you don't have a coach that is emotional? Or a coach with memory loss? And by that you are also saying Coach Glenn is known for this? It's one thing to pounce on a guy that made a mistake out of emotion, it's another to label him as this being normal behavior. I know Joe personally and his high energy levels will prove more fruitful than detrimental long term. I think he is a good hire and will do a good job.Regarding the comment I made regarding next years game vs. the Bison, I don't think there is a game we'll back down from. I am not saying we will win, all I am saying is come kickoff, we will be there.
                    Sayler has you drinking the red kool-aid. Enjoy!
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      Sayler has you drinking the red kool-aid. Enjoy!
                      I mix it. The "sweetened" kind naturally. All I am saying is we will show up.

Comment

All I am saying is we will show up.
                        *edit* - took out smack response...thought this was in smack thread.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          *edit* - took out smack response...thought this was in smack thread.
                          No smack intended.

Comment

Um... watch the TV story that was linked. I didn't make that stuff up. I was quoting Joe Glenn. HE said he's emotional and doesn't know what he does when he gets worked up. Doesn't mean I don't think he's a good coach. In fact, I have agreed that he is a good hire.

Would I prefer to have a coach who always thinks before he speaks? Yes.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Um... watch the TV story that was linked. I didn't make that stuff up. I was quoting Joe Glenn. HE said he's emotional and doesn't know what he does when he gets worked up. Doesn't mean I don't think he's a good coach. In fact, I have agreed that he is a good hire.Would I prefer to have a coach who always thinks before he speaks? Yes.
                              That's fair. Then we are both happy with the coaches we have. I am not being argumentative, I am just saying passionate people sometimes do foolish things. Sometimes the passion pays off in inspiration that coaches without passion can't generate. I think both schools have good staffs.

Comment

That's fair. Then we are both happy with the coaches we have. I am not being argumentative, I am just saying passionate people sometimes do foolish things. Sometimes the passion pays off in inspiration that coaches without passion can't generate. I think both schools have good staffs.
                                Agreed. Good point.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X