Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fat Tire

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Don't worry, that tradition still lives on...
    Got me through that Cal Poly game.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Oh for crying out loud people, must EVERY thread around here end up on the subject of alcohol....... uh, oh, wait......

Comment

Funny how things have changed over the years. We used to bring a flask into the game on those cooler days. Okay, maybe most every game. There doesn't seem to be much of that going on since tailgating entered the story.

I have seen plenty of people that needed the game to sober up a bit.

Back to the thread- You can enjoy a 22 ounce Fat Tire at the Brookings CC when you are playing in the Stan Marshall Golf Classic this year.

http://www.stanmarshallclassic.com/s...RIBER_CONTENT=

See you there!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Anyone here old enough to remember the great Coors Beer Rush of the '70s? Was supposed to be unpasteurized so they couldn't ship it far and wide, and so you couldn't buy it in SoDak. So of course it was then declared the best beer ever made. I believe some gentlemen of the Hops and Barley set paid for room, board, tuition and five yers of post-collegiate beer money by renting uhaul vans on the weekends and driving to colorado and back for a hefty resale back in Brookings. Sold for approximately 450 times what Buckhorn was going for at the time.
          Coors Banquet isn't such a bad beer, but I could and still never will understand the Coors Light drinkers. Absolutely like water. Yuk.

I can dig the Fat Tire. It will be nice to get one on tap around here. Had some up at Breckenridge Brewery last summer with my buddy Scott while visiting Colorado. Had remembered liking Fat Tire before, but sampling it on tap at the brewery was an even better experience.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Oh for crying out loud people, must EVERY thread around here end up on the subject of alcohol....... uh, oh, wait......
            Interesting that the thread about beer does too drift but ultimately keeps coming back to beer and alcohol, but other threads drift and never come back to their original subject. Hmmm.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
              Interesting that the thread about beer does too drift but ultimately keeps coming back to beer and alcohol, but other threads drift and never come back to their original subject. Hmmm.
              Hey, survival is the highest priority instinct of man... and who could survive without beer?
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Interesting as this thread has about beer has five times as many views as the thread about Dr. Jim Booher retiring after serving SDSU for 42 years. He took care of thousands of athletes, wrote a book that was "the book" for athletic training majors in the United States and he gave his heart to the university since 1967.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                  Interesting as this thread has about beer has five times as many views as the thread about Dr. Jim Booher retiring after serving SDSU for 42 years. He took care of thousands of athletes, wrote a book that was "the book" for athletic training majors in the United States and he gave his heart to the university since 1967.
                  There's more to talk about for a lot of us regarding beer. Most of us, I would wager, didn't know Dr. Booher personally, and many who did didn't know him very well, so we can't chime in with much more than "great job, have a happy retirement." Whereas I daresay 90% of us have detailed personal preferences and opinions regarding adult beverages.

So, for those who might know . . . what's Dr. Booher's favorite beer?
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    I'm with Zooropa. Johnny Walker Red on the rocks. Almost heaven in a glass.

Johnny Walker Blue on the rocks. Heaven in a glass..

Of course I can only afford to drink it once every four years. dagnabit!
                    I'll never forget Johnny Walker Red, it was the magic Scotch I drank to drown my sorrows when the football team was getting waxed by SFA and then we went on to win the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      I'll never forget Johnny Walker Red, it was the magic Scotch I drank to drown my sorrows when the football team was getting waxed by SFA and then we went on to win the game!
                      Considering the way that game went you should lay in about 11 bottles before this season starts!
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I will happily report that I had numerous Fat Tires at McNalleys tonight and that it is on tap at Jane's Coalinga on Indiana between 8th and 10th streets in Sioux Falls. Been a while since I have been to since SF but I was pleased tonight with the beverage selection.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          I hope they have it on tap at Cubby's and Skinners. I'll have to do some check this weekend when I go out.
                          Cubby's does have it (friend tried it last night). I saw a sign outside of Bravo's stating they have it now too. Can't comment on if Skinners has it or not.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                            Cubby's does have it (friend tried it last night). I saw a sign outside of Bravo's stating they have it now too. Can't comment on if Skinners has it or not.
                            I had it last night at Cubby's too, mighty tasteful. Didn't check Skinners though, might tonight.

Comment

I will happily report that I had numerous Fat Tires at McNalleys tonight and that it is on tap at Jane's Coalinga on Indiana between 8th and 10th streets in Sioux Falls. Been a while since I have been to since SF but I was pleased tonight with the beverage selection.
                              McNalleys huh? You ARE a lawyer!

What is everyones favorite watering holes in Sioux Falls?

Comment

Fat Tire made it to Watertown, too. I haven't had a Fat Tire in a long time...last one I had was out-of-state but I cannot recall where.

Comment

Working...
                                X