Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fat Tire

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Anyone here old enough to remember the great Coors Beer Rush of the '70s? Was supposed to be unpasteurized so they couldn't ship it far and wide, and so you couldn't buy it in SoDak. So of course it was then declared the best beer ever made. I believe some gentlemen of the Hops and Barley set paid for room, board, tuition and five yers of post-collegiate beer money by renting uhaul vans on the weekends and driving to colorado and back for a hefty resale back in Brookings. Sold for approximately 450 times what Buckhorn was going for at the time.
    I do remember and it's still BAD. Might just as well drink water.

Comment

I'm with Zaroopa. Johnny Walker Red on the rocks. Almost heaven in a glass.

Johnny Walker Blue on the rocks. Heaven in a glass..

Of course I can only afford to drink it once every four years. dagnabit!
      I have 2/3's of a bottle of Black Label in my cupboard that I haven't touched in 7 months due to an unpleasant incident that involved that particular scotch on the rocks, Doritos, and an upset stomach...
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        I have 2/3's of a bottle of Black Label in my cupboard that I haven't touched in 7 months due to an unpleasant incident that involved that particular scotch on the rocks, Doritos, and an upset stomach...
        Blame the Doritos, Kemo. The Scotch was just an innocent latecomer.

Comment

Blame the Doritos, Kemo. The Scotch was just an innocent latecomer.
          I blame the fact that I started the night drinking straight Red Label and then moved on to Black Label, to which the smoothness of the latter in comparison to the former was so extensive that I had that extra glass...

Words of wisdom: Start with the good alcohol and move on to the "not so good", not the other way around.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            I blame the fact that I started the night drinking straight Red Label and then moved on to Black Label, to which the smoothness of the latter in comparison to the former was so extensive that I had that extra glass...

Words of wisdom: Start with the good alcohol and move on to the "not so good", not the other way around.
            A relative once told me that the first bottle of champagne should be of the excellent variety, and then use the rest of the bottles to achieve an average price of a good champagne. You'll never taste the difference until the next morning.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

You combined Doritos with Johnny Walker Black Label?

Dude. You had it coming!!! Might as well combine Twinkies with Dom Perignon.

----

I'm not old enough to remember when Coors was only available in a few states, but that has occurred to me, with Fat Tire finally arriving. Honestly, any of a number of other micro brews that we've already got are about as good.

My brother got me hooked on (well not in an alcoholic sense!) Sam Adams Black Label.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Now on sale in Sioux Falls, at least at the 37th st. Hy Vee ($3.38 for a 22oz bottle is a stone cold rip off for a beer that typically sells for about $8 a 6-pack).

Went in there over the noon hour and there were these three guys just staring at the bottles.

The 22 oz. bottle here was discounted to $2.99 and labelled with a regular price of $3.99. I bought one and have it chilling. I have never tried it but will give it a taste.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  You combined Doritos with Johnny Walker Black Label?

Dude. You had it coming!!!
                  I definitely don't disagree with you, but it was such a delicious combo on the way down...
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Just got back from Jim's Tap in Brookings (the best bar to be in all year round) and we had to finish off a leinienkugel keg so we could tap the fresh keg of Fat Tire.

My first time having the beer on tap and it was really good. Always nice to have some more beer options when I go downtown

Comment

I'm with Zooropa. Johnny Walker Red on the rocks. Almost heaven in a glass.

Johnny Walker Blue on the rocks. Heaven in a glass..

Of course I can only afford to drink it once every four years. dagnabit!
                      Blue is very hard to beat in my opinion. I wasn't a scotch drinker at all, until one night my friend and I drank about half a bottle. He used to know a distributor and would buy the stuff by the case at wholesale.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
                        Just got back from Jim's Tap in Brookings (the best bar to be in all year round) and we had to finish off a leinienkugel keg so we could tap the fresh keg of Fat Tire.

My first time having the beer on tap and it was really good. Always nice to have some more beer options when I go downtown
                        All of Jackrabbit Nation appreciates your sacrifice. Let the Fat Tire flow!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          Blue is very hard to beat in my opinion.
                          I'm not such a connoisseur that I'm going to play favorites among Glenlivet, Johnny Walker, etc. I will say, though, that revisiting Glenfiddich a few years later, it's a bit smokier than I remember.

I also like Jameson's, and having discovered it, Maker's Mark.

Of course, I take my whiskey neat, and seldom (if ever) with food---which basically means that I block out a set amount of time (from the day) and reserve it strictly for whiskey sipping....... and conversation.

Comment

Fat Tire is on tap @ Cubby's. Had one last evening - excellent!

Comment

Continuing the thread, favorite beverage WERE IT LEGAL on nippy CAS Days?
                              (One permanent college memory is the aroma of Schnapps wafting over the student section).

Comment

Continuing the thread, favorite beverage WERE IT LEGAL on nippy CAS Days?
                                (One permanent college memory is the aroma of Schnapps wafting over the student section).
                                Don't worry, that tradition still lives on...

Comment

Working...
                                X