Alternative to the "bailout" plan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alternative to the "bailout" plan.

Don't feel that old CEA! Will we see you down here on Hobo Day? Is going to be a tough game, especially if we don't have some our walking wounded able to play...they are some REAL key personnel. But hey, it's Hobo Day...Go JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Don't feel that old CEA! Will we see you down here on Hobo Day? Is going to be a tough game, especially if we don't have some our walking wounded able to play...they are some REAL key personnel. But hey, it's Hobo Day...Go JACKS!

Work and family obligations will be keeping me home for Hobo Day. I'm sure there will plenty there to make up for my lack of presence. Hoping to make at least one game this season though.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Hunting Elk. Don't do what some great white hunters did in the Black Hills one day. It had snowed 7 to 8 feet in the middle of October in 1984 and they chased down a bull into deep snow so it couldnt move, then walked up to it and shot it a few times. Had I known they did that before I let them back up the road to get it I would have never let them. Some other guys told me what they did after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          Hunting Elk. Don't do what some great white hunters did in the Black Hills one day. It had snowed 7 to 8 feet in the middle of October in 1984 and they chased down a bull into deep snow so it couldnt move, then walked up to it and shot it a few times. Had I known they did that before I let them back up the road to get it I would have never let them. Some other guys told me what they did after the fact.
          Would have sucked to have to pack that sucker through 7 or 8 feet of snow. It's no picnic packing one on dry ground.
          Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 10-02-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Anyone here a hunter. Been hunting elk for the last month or so. Probably the toughest animal I've ever hunted. Damnit...they are so tough...guys has to really stroke one with a bow and arrow to kill one. Anyone???????
            Yes Im a hunter and havent been out looking for elk yet. I live in Butte MT and am really getting pissed at myself for not getting out yet. I have had invitations and have some spots I need to get to but frickin work keeps screwing it up. I hate work.

Where in MT are u at, maybe we could trade notes. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
              Yes Im a hunter and havent been out looking for elk yet. I live in Butte MT and am really getting pissed at myself for not getting out yet. I have had invitations and have some spots I need to get to but frickin work keeps screwing it up. I hate work.

Where in MT are u at, maybe we could trade notes. lol
              I was told by an old man today that if you don't like what you do, get out while you are young. I am really thinking hard about getting back on a tractor somewhere.

Comment

They took a snowmobile up and got as close to possible to it. Plus I dont think it was too far off the road. If it was the bull I saw a few times, He and his ladies hung around the Big Hill area south of Spearfish where there was a lot of Aspen and Birch stands. Any way the way they killed him pissed me off. No sport in what they did.

Comment

Working...
                X