Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I being 78, no longer work. I have a compromised immune system and diabetes. If I catch a wiff of this virus, it is most likely curtains. Staying home enjoying SDPT and other.

Comment

I’m still working, though the job barely resembles what it normally would this time of year. I’m a Federal employee and the feds (at least in my department) are taking social distancing very seriously. It’s nice to have that luxury.

My wife is in the healthcare field and will be headed out on an overnight shift at the hospital in a couple hours. She’s coming in contact with suspected and confirmed COVID patients pretty much every time she goes in. That makes me more than a little nervous since I have asthma. Those healthcare workers deserve a lot of credit though - and don’t limit it to just “doctors and nurses”.

Comment

Seen on the internet in this day of 'shelter in place':

Y'ALL MARRIED PEOPLE HOLDING UP OK? I HAVEN'T SEEN "I'M SO BLESSED" OR "HE'S MY EVERYTHING" IN A WHILE....

Comment

From some guy name Simon Holland on Istagram:

So we don't go to restaurants, kids aren't signed up for anything, and we are just staying home during spring break? Sounds like my childhood.

Comment

Trying to come up with a replacement for "It's a marathon, not a sprint". I've heard that from at least five public officials speaking on TV in the past 24 hours. So worn out.

Comment

There is some consideration for the stay in place order for South Dakota. How many persons are doing anything but stay in place while not working if you are in a job that requires travel to work? There seem to be few to no choices for public places outside of the convenience store, Walmart and/or grocery stores. The stay in place could also close down the Walmart portions that are not selling essential food and pharmacy products.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Trying to come up with a replacement for "It's a marathon, not a sprint". I've heard that from at least five public officials speaking on TV in the past 24 hours. So worn out.
                It isn't the Daytona 500, it is the 24 hours of Daytona.

It isn't the Boston Marathon, it is the Barkley Marathons.

It isn't the Lord of the Rings theatrical release, it is the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I'm afraid this could make a marathon look like a sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post

I'm afraid this could make a marathon look like a sprint.
                    I'm not sure what the right answer is, but at some point things have to open back up. If we stay like this for too long, the post Covid world is going to be a lot worse off than if we just let this virus "run it's course" so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I'm not sure what the right answer is, but at some point things have to open back up. If we stay like this for too long, the post Covid world is going to be a lot worse off than if we just let this virus "run it's course" so to speak.

Agree. I think we need to see some of the economy re-open at the end of April with a lot more by mid-June. If we don't I expect this will not end well, and I'm not talking about the virus.

Comment

I suppose most agree, but declaring the economy “open” and having people confidently return to normal life are two very different things. You won’t get the second one until things quiet way down on the COVID front, no matter what any politician tells you.

Comment

For those who cannot recall
                          this Keith Richards
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            For those who cannot recall
                            this Keith Richards
                            Do i know him? The name is familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              I suppose most agree, but declaring the economy “open” and having people confidently return to normal life are two very different things. You won’t get the second one until things quiet way down on the COVID front, no matter what any politician tells you.
                              I can not disagree. I took a risk going to Dollar General at Lake Poinsett yesterday. I wore a mask. I doubt if it did any good .

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Do i know him? The name is familiar.
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Richards
                                He was contemporary of the Beach Boys

Comment

Working...
                                X