Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Langer and the White House

Blank
    Last edited by i_got_a_fever; 03-14-2016, 07:18 PM.

Re: Langer and the White House

My prediction for this thread's inevitable course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-...yer_detailpage

EDIT: One of you young punks and/or tech geniuses please explain to me how to put the video in the post so we can just watch it here? I'm not proficient with the computer.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      My prediction for this thread's inevitable course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-...yer_detailpage

EDIT: One of you young punks and/or tech geniuses please explain to me how to put the video in the post so we can just watch it here? I'm not proficient with the computer.
      Clicking the link works for me. But then i dont know how to do it the other way either.

Comment

I tried and failed

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
          http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...154517369.html

Jim Langer SDSU Jackrabbit, NFL Hall of Famer, Staunch Republican
          I think he missed an opportunity, but if he feels this strongly about the sitting President of the United States, then I guess he did the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I think he missed an opportunity, but if he feels this strongly about the sitting President of the United States, then I guess he did the right thing.
            He did the right thing.

Comment

I heard the NSA will be mining through the meta data from the event and briefing Langer. Either that, or they will be mining through Langer's meta data and briefing the president.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Reminds of the recent Dan Gable article I read on ESPN where then VP Al Gore asked him to appear at an Iowa Rally with him. Gable asked him if he supported Title IX which Al Gore did. Gable did not appear at the rally.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                  Reminds of the recent Dan Gable article I read on ESPN where then VP Al Gore asked him to appear at an Iowa Rally with him. Gable asked him if he supported Title IX which Al Gore did. Gable did not appear at the rally.
                  Is that really true?

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    That was a good article.

Standing up for what you believe in, whether I agree with it or not, is commendable. So many people these days live their lives trying to live up to what other people expect instead of living for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      Is that really true?
                      100%. I read the article.

Title IX really hurt wrestling. Wrestling is Dan Gable.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        That was a good article.Standing up for what you believe in, whether I agree with it or not, is commendable. So many people these days live their lives trying to live up to what other people expect instead of living for themselves.
                        I read it too. I'm not a wrestling fan but I'm a Dan Gable fan now. I'll admit I didn't know who he was. I'm probably too young.

I also agree with you on the Langer issue. Is it really going to do anything? Probably not. But good for him for standing up for what he believes in.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          100%. I read the article.

Title IX really hurt wrestling. Wrestling is Dan Gable.
                          Good for Gable. These days it's not easy going against the grain on such a touchy subject as Title IX

Comment

I think it's dumb. It's taking an event that is meant to celebrate a team achievement and making it about an individual. I don't agree with it no matter what the politics are of the sitting president. It's a douche-y and selfish move.

And Title IX. Lots of negatives there ...
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              Good for Gable. These days it's not easy going against the grain on such a touchy subject as Title IX
                              Exactly.

Title IX has done a lot of good things, but it's also negatively affected a lot of people. A lot of wrestling programs were dropped to create equality in the number of scholarships.

Comment

Working...
                              X