Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Homebrewing Beer

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I do not. I'm not involved in the brewing club, so that limits the homebrewers I meet. Haven't seen a benefit the clubs provide that I would use. I am involved in a messageboard, and that seems to give me all the help I need.
    whats the next batch your brewin up? anything special for the dakota marker game?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      whats the next batch your brewin up? anything special for the dakota marker game?
      I have two batches aging as we speak...a Brown Ale and a Sweet Stout. I want to get another batch going, but I have absolutely no room in the freezer for ice. I need ice to cool the wort down after boiling all the ingredients. My in-laws grow huckleberries for me, and they had a huge crop this year...and they took up all the extra room in the freezer. I know, most (if not all) are going, "Huckleberries?" The are awesome in a pie.

Comment

I have two batches aging as we speak...a Brown Ale and a Sweet Stout. I want to get another batch going, but I have absolutely no room in the freezer for ice. I need ice to cool the wort down after boiling all the ingredients. My in-laws grow huckleberries for me, and they had a huge crop this year...and they took up all the extra room in the freezer. I know, most (if not all) are going, "Huckleberries?" The are awesome in a pie.
        Maybe they could be awesome in a beer also. but lets think about this....beer or huckleberries......is it really that tough of a choice which should get prefrence.

Oh yeah, and how is the scam baiters book thing coming along.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Maybe they could be awesome in a beer also. but lets think about this....beer or huckleberries......is it really that tough of a choice which should get prefrence.

Oh yeah, and how is the scam baiters book thing coming along.
          I grew up on a fam, and we had a massive garden full of raspberries, strawberries, and huckleberries...which all made fantastic pies. I went without huckleberries for many years until we found them on teh interwebs. I love the pies anyway, but they taste even a little better because they make me think of my dad, who passed away in February of 2011. With that said, huckleberries has at least equal ground with beer.

As for the book, I hit a major road block. I had two agents who seemed really interested, but then things just went sour. I had a number of agents look through what I had, but they were scared off because of the pictures...which they said would be too expensive to print...and the book was nothing without the pics. They said if I was an established author, they may have been more willing to pursue this. I can go directly to publishers and/or look into e-books...but that will have to wait until the end of the football season. My guess is it will not happen, but we will see. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Huckleberry lambic?
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I grew up on a fam, and we had a massive garden full of raspberries, strawberries, and huckleberries...which all made fantastic pies. I went without huckleberries for many years until we found them on teh interwebs. I love the pies anyway, but they taste even a little better because they make me think of my dad, who passed away in February of 2011. With that said, huckleberries has at least equal ground with beer.

As for the book, I hit a major road block. I had two agents who seemed really interested, but then things just went sour. I had a number of agents look through what I had, but they were scared off because of the pictures...which they said would be too expensive to print...and the book was nothing without the pics. They said if I was an established author, they may have been more willing to pursue this. I can go directly to publishers and/or look into e-books...but that will have to wait until the end of the football season. My guess is it will not happen, but we will see. Thanks for asking.
              The scam baiter thread and story is still one of my most favorite threads. When i need a good laugh I go and look at that thread. I would buy a copy of that book if ever published.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Thought you guys might be interested in this:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ll|text|Home|p
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Hmm. Jackrabbit IPA on tap at Monk's would be nice.

Nice to see Monk's will be expanding operations. They have the right setting for having a fine ale or lager. And a wide variety selection of each.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                    Hmm. Jackrabbit IPA on tap at Monk's would be nice.

Nice to see Monk's will be expanding operations. They have the right setting for having a fine ale or lager. And a wide variety selection of each.
                    Monk's is great. Had many a good beer there.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I made a German Alt a while back and it just became ready...and it is awesome. Hard to describe...but the closest description I can make is a very malty brown ale. Last night I made a chocolate stout that I will add cherries to in a couple weeks.

I am approaching one year in this hobby...and I have to say I am more hooked with each batch. Thanks to all here who offered advice!

Comment

Bottled an Octoberfest Saturday morning. I think it's going to turn out well.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Monk's is great. Had many a good beer there.
                          I will take Independent Ale House over Monk's any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                          X