Nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nicknames

Tea Titans. Titans in Greek mythology came before the Olympian gods.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Claremont is located close to Britton and is near to many lakes or/and sloughs that are famous for honking ducks. Thus the name.

Btw what does the Tea area use for a nickname? Tea Bags?
      Pet Peeve alert:

Please stop before you hurt yourself. I have lived in SD my entire life and have never heard a duck honk. Ducks quack and geese honk.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        Pet Peeve alert:

Please stop before you hurt yourself. I have lived in SD my entire life and have never heard a duck honk. Ducks quack and geese honk.
        Sorry about that I should have said geese and not ducks, my bad. Claremont is in Brown County and has a 125 anniversary.

http://claremontsd.com/

I do not nor never did hunt in my life so ducks and geese are pretty much the same

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Actually that is pretty much it. It has to do with the Civil War and Tar was being produced in North Carolina. Two versions I've heard. 1 was they were really good and stayed and people say they must have tar on their heels to stay in battle so well. The other one was they said the Viriginians needed to put Tar on their heels because they fled right away.
          my brother told me that NC is famous for the track team and their running...so he said it had something to do with that.but ya know he's 11 and he's a dork so i don't usually believe him ever. :P
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
            will someone tell me where Carolina came up with the Tar Heels? And will you tell me what a Tar Heel is? My friend Emily and I just decided it was a heel with tar on it
            Google it. Tar Heel - Wikipedia

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Google it. Tar Heel - Wikipedia
              i hate wikipedia...it's so inaccurate...and i already got my answer
              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

i hate wikipedia...it's so inaccurate...and i already got my answer
                I actually had college professors who recommended to use it. If its a popular subject its probably pretty accurate and if anything they have sources listed which can further take you to more reliable scources.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

theres some stuff on there that is just dumb though. i get the popular subject part...but i just dont like it. our teachers and the senior high in mitchell dont even let us use it
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

theres some stuff on there that is just dumb though. i get the popular subject part...but i just dont like it. our teachers and the senior high in mitchell dont even let us use it
                    Its probably not the best to use as a legitimate refrence or sorce, just it is a place you can find anything....and take it with a grain of salt.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Its probably not the best to use as a legitimate refrence or sorce, just it is a place you can find anything....and take it with a grain of salt.
                      ha you spelled source wrong....and i like your opinion
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

ha you spelled source wrong....and i like your opinion
                        Umm that's how wikipedia spells source. J\K.

Comment

hahahhah!!!!!
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                          X