Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we put the USD to MVFC issue to bed now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can we put the USD to MVFC issue to bed now?

After a wild night at Jim's Tap drinking wine and eating SDSU cheese I picked up a few "howlers" at the time, specially around closing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I picked up a copy of Jackrabbit Tales this morning. Also read the chapter called howlers.

To give you a clue, let me ask you what does your beloved mascot do when there is a full moon?
      I'm always happy to get a clue. It seems people often recommend it to me.
      University of South Dakota:
      Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
        I guess I'll have to read the darn book. This must be something broader than my feeble mind has detected – complete institutional arrogance? I have very good friends who are very loyal SDSU supporters, and we're not afraid to engage in some friendly sparring. If one of my SDSU buddies calls me an ex-frat boy, pansy, liberal arts, greasy used car salesman, two-bit, blood-sucking ambulance chasing lawyer, a jest of which I’ve heard countless variations over happy hour, I’ll sarcastically ask that he refrain from stabbing me with his pitchfork, we cheers our beers, and then we go on talking about our mutual distaste for Nick Punto. Seriously. In this fantasy land of college sports fandom, the potshots, notwithstanding the tasteless antics of some students, are stupid and toothless. They don’t play in real life, at least not in my life. I don’t care to take the time to count how many times on this board USD is referenced as the needy little sibling or something to that effect. I think one could make an argument for arrogance there (in fact, I believe I have), but that’s just a bunch of message board bull****. We should be pooling our resources to confront real problems, like Nick Punto.

Gotta give it up... This is a pretty good post...

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
          I guess I'll have to read the darn book. This must be something broader than my feeble mind has detected – complete institutional arrogance? I have very good friends who are very loyal SDSU supporters, and we're not afraid to engage in some friendly sparring. If one of my SDSU buddies calls me an ex-frat boy, pansy, liberal arts, greasy used car salesman, two-bit, blood-sucking ambulance chasing lawyer, a jest of which I’ve heard countless variations over happy hour, I’ll sarcastically ask that he refrain from stabbing me with his pitchfork, we cheers our beers, and then we go on talking about our mutual distaste for Nick Punto. Seriously. In this fantasy land of college sports fandom, the potshots, notwithstanding the tasteless antics of some students, are stupid and toothless. They don’t play in real life, at least not in my life. I don’t care to take the time to count how many times on this board USD is referenced as the needy little sibling or something to that effect. I think one could make an argument for arrogance there (in fact, I believe I have), but that’s just a bunch of message board bull****. We should be pooling our resources to confront real problems, like Nick Punto.
          And Jesse Crain... he's the Nick Punto of the Twins' pitching staff.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Granted, this is all pure speculation, but I have my doubts that USD fans would rather be in the Summit & Valley than in the Big Sky, if that's where SDSU was at.
            I can't believe it but I'm agreeing with you on this

I'll bet before SDSU and NDSU got in to the Valley 65% or more of the UND USD fanebases couldn't name the teams. Now they are almost certain they are the most perfect fits for the conference. And Ill also bet that most of the fans couldn't tell you the name of the Valley 3 years ago
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              Many alumni from both schools love to live in the past and try to parlay that into the current atmosphere of state of athletics in South Dakota. This is not our father's, or even older brother's for that matter, USD or SDSU. To live in the past and dwell on past transgressions provides absolutly nothing positive in the way of advancing our schools.
              I agree with you, SoDakJack.

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
              Look, USD has a great football schedule next year. Does USD need SDSU? No. Would a USD/SDSU game be good for USD? Yes. It is a local game with LOTS of interest and it helps us fill out a schedule that has a lot of holes every year. But NEEDS the game?
              I also agree with this.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                I can't believe it but I'm agreeing with you on this
                Whoa.

It's like I don't even know who I am anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  I agree with you, SoDakJack.

I also agree with this.
                  Its called mutual respect something that is long in coming. I agree with both quotes,too.

As far as giving more howler clues, I refuse and since I ran into my good friend VJ Smith in the Brookings HYVEE and had great conversation, I think I will remain silent on the clues in order for the Vermillion sales of Jackrabbit Tales to pick up.

VJ is a very busy man traveling and speaking to non-Jackrabbit groups and apparently is doing quite well financially or maybe its safe to say he is making a comfortable living doing so. Those are non-Jackrabbit groups, I repeat.

Comment

Working...
                  X