USD's Title as Best Team in the Generally Weak Conference Secured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD's Title as Best Team in the Generally Weak Conference Secured

Vermillion is by Meckling, isn't it? Or is that Gayville?
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Vermillion is by Meckling, isn't it? Or is that Gayville?
      ...try Wakonda, better players and better facility
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Burbank, I think

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Kind of like his Chicago State gdt on the coyote board. I checked over there and saw 25 replies to the thread and thought there was some general interest in the game... turns out every post was by Coyote Fan.

I had a conversation with myself once...
          Perhaps CF's disappearance means he has AGAIN begun and is conducting a conversation with himself on the Yotes board. Gotta be careful 'playin with yourself' - you're gonna go blind, young man!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
            Perhaps CF's disappearance means he has AGAIN begun and is conducting a conversation with himself on the Yotes board. Gotta be careful 'playin with yourself' - you're gonna go blind, young man!

He talks to himself because he attacks the posters over there if they don't agree with him.

Comment

Are you all being hard on my friend CF? I haven't been over here for awhile, so tell me what's up in the State of athletics in Brookings. Congrats to AJ and his team for what was an exciting game. Sunday will be interesting. Any feel for the seed SDSU will be?

What happened in the mens side of things? I seriously was out of town and didn't follow it. Did they play bad, or did they get beat by someone that played really well?

I read about 100 posts and it's good to see that overall you are doing a fine job of bashing USD, so nothing really has changed in my hiatus.

Good luck to your women.

YFE

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                Are you all being hard on my friend CF? I haven't been over here for awhile, so tell me what's up in the State of athletics in Brookings. Congrats to AJ and his team for what was an exciting game. Sunday will be interesting. Any feel for the seed SDSU will be?

What happened in the mens side of things? I seriously was out of town and didn't follow it. Did they play bad, or did they get beat by someone that played really well?

I read about 100 posts and it's good to see that overall you are doing a fine job of bashing USD, so nothing really has changed in my hiatus.

Good luck to your women.

YFE

You have to admit YFE...if CF wasn't part of this board, the posing in regards to USD would be down by about 98% in my estimation.
                So in other words, he kind of brings it on himself...wouldn't you agree?

As far as the Men's and Women's BB at SDSU over the weekend...Women are going dancing and the Men gave it their best shot.
                Seriously, after watching Oakland and IUPUI and IUPUI and ORU battle it out this weekend...the Dakota teams have a LONG ways to go to get through 3 games against these kind of athletes.
                But I'm sure USD will come in and do just that, because after all the Summit really isn't that much different than the old NCC.(That last comment was for CF BTW).

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Good luck to your women.

YFE
                  I think our men were just physically beaten up and out of gas by the time they reached the tournament. Cordova didn't start. Moss had a back/side injury. Callahan is (in the words of Sargent quoted in the Argus) an "old man" due to his aches and pains. In that same Argus article, Williams has braces and wraps and things all over his body, too.

It's a tough game, and Callahan and Williams especially were thrown into the deep end of the pool as true freshmen and they had to swim in the D-1 shark tank right away. That's tough enough in a program that's rolling along. One that hit bottom like SDSU's did makes it that much tougher.

And, speaking only for myself, the bashing here is not really so much directed to USD as it is to a certain element of the fan base . . . 20 win seasons are always better than, oh, say, 8-win seasons, but there's a certain perspective that needs to be maintainted. (Did I just ask for perspective on a smack thread?) We've got our wild-eyed partisans, too (and I'm occasionally one of them) and they (we) usually get slapped down or pulled down to earth, too.

It's just that the slapdown/pulldown is quite a bit more gleeful here when it's USD we're talking about.

Plus, if you stick a finger in a hornet's nest you shouldn't be terribly surprised if the hornets get upset. If I would go to the NDSU or USD boards and post some chest-puffery I'd fully expect to get a pretty thorough slapdown. That's why I--speaking again personally--don't smack on other school's boards--if I post on Bisonville or on the USD board, I try to keep it to "attaboys" or "attagirls".

But there are always those who like sticking their fingers into hornets' nests, I guess.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                    And ... At least 300 mens D1 programs care alot about their mens basketball so winning something becomes alot tougher. In womens ball the Jacks are like taking candy from babies, no one cares. Step up and actually accomplish something in the mens game and then YOU can talk. That's what is funny about Jacks fans, they just want to win at anything. They could win at pig wrestling and be proud of it but they are the only ones trying.

By the way zooroopa that is the classic response and very similar to what the probable meaning was. "yep the facts were well stated but since I cannot really think of anything to disagree with I will just make up something stupid to say in reply". That is probably what you really meant to say.
                    So if I read this correctly you are stating there are 300 schools who care about mens bb. So if we take into account that all your opponents in the Scheduling Alliance have an RPI well over 300 I could easily make the statement that, "winning the GW Scheduling Alliance is like taking candy from a baby since USD's opponent schools don't care about mens basketball". By they way, I hear the USD mens team will be getting rings for winning the Great West Scheduling Alliance. If true that would be very sad.

Comment

Are you all being hard on my friend CF?

Its not so much USD bashing (okay maybe a little bit) more than it is CF bashing. He came in here claiming USD: King of the Dakotas of Basketball Dominance using the argument that they won the Great West Conference/Scheduling Alliance, cutting down nets, getting rings and in LakesBison-esque stating our women's conference championship didn't matter because it was 1) a tournemnet championship and not regular season, and 2) because we had "home court" advantage along with stating WBB doesn't matter. Of course we will respond back in a not so positive manner.

Comment

Obviously Lakes is one of the 3 below. Could one be Coyote Fan dressed as a Bison Fan?

USD Fan

Comment

A return of the Mavbots?
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                            Obviously Lakes is one of the 3 below. Could one be Coyote Fan dressed as a Bison Fan?
                            All three are Bisonville posters, but none of them are Lakes. If you saw the Bison fan on TV hanging out with the two female IUPUI fans in pink, that was Lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              *Sent to me from a players mom.

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/2010/Bills/HC1026P.pdf

Good work women!
                              *From Women's Basketball Thread*

I sure hope the Legislature did the same thing for USD's Men Conference Championship. If not, I hope Coyote_Fan gets on the phone to his local legislators.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                                Its not so much USD bashing (okay maybe a little bit) more than it is CF bashing. He came in here claiming USD: King of the Dakotas of Basketball Dominance using the argument that they won the Great West Conference/Scheduling Alliance, cutting down nets, getting rings and in LakesBison-esque stating our women's conference championship didn't matter because it was 1) a tournemnet championship and not regular season, and 2) because we had "home court" advantage along with stating WBB doesn't matter. Of course we will respond back in a not so positive manner.
                                I can understand some bashing for myself but don't claim the innocent "only bash CF" card because their is plenty of USD bashing that has nothing to do with me. I don't mind taking a little extra heat personally if that means you are gonna give other Coyote fans a break.
                                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                                X