Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Steals USD Verbal Sherlock

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    Not sure if this is along the same lines as Matt Holt and the SDSU v Nebraska saga, but sounds similar, and if I recall Pelini was lambasted on here for that move. Just saying.
    Since this is a smack thread, the situations are totally different.

As the recent signing day suggests, SDSU owns the state of SD for recruiting. So we didn't steal anyone, we were taking what rightfully belonged to us as the best football program in the state.

Nebraska on the other hand doesn't own the state of SD. They might cherry pick one kid every 3-5 years. So when they took our recruit, they stole him.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think its different. I actually don't even think its close

The way I understood it was they invited him on campus and when he got here he said he wouldn't go to USD if SDSU offered him a scholarship. I think its different then calling a kid the night before signing day and saying hey you want to walk on to the big red?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        we didn't steal anyone, we were taking what rightfully belonged to us as the best football program in the state.
        But Sherlock's from Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          But Sherlock's from Chicago.
          Hahaha, nice.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

There's only one solution to this unseemly competition for players. USD should return to D-II. Or maybe take USF's place in NAIA.
            This space for lease.

Comment

We better be careful, Senator (or Rep) Kloucek may write a bill that prohibits us from taking anyone that has had contact with, had thoughts about or even heard of the University of South Dakota. Is that bOOb really a State grad?

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                We better be careful, Senator (or Rep) Kloucek may write a bill that prohibits us from taking anyone that has had contact with, had thoughts about or even heard of the University of South Dakota. Is that bOOb really a State grad?
                We don't claim him. In fact, we try to keep that info on the down low, if you know what I mean. He does sponsor more bills that never become laws than any other legislator, so he has got that going for him. Boob, perfect description.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Is anyone else not surprised that Sherlock changed his mind about attending USD after he saw SDSU's campus? That's like giving someone an option of receiving a Swatch or a Rolex; What do you think they are going to choose? I think a better recruiting strategy for Ed would be to send his recruits on campus visits to SDSU and hope some kids assumes USD's campus is even comparable.
                  Lets hurry up and get USD on our schedule and show them whats up!!! SDSU 41 USD 17

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                    Lets hurry up and get USD on our schedule and show them whats up!!! SDSU 41 USD 17
                    And Sherlock with 17 tackles

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      And Sherlock with 17 tackles
                      2 Interceptions and 1 fumble recovery ran back for a TD.. (-;

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        ... The Jacks stepped in and stole one of the USD verbals. There is no grey area in a black and white issue. ...
                        In other words, Sherlock got prematurely "koupaled?" Some might call it "mandyed." How will SDSU live with the shame of such a dastardly deed? (Just fine, I suspect.)
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                          So now he is whining about Stig and he called Bohl a bully a month or two ago, I guess that is what happens when you have the worst class among the Dakota FCS schools.
                          Better check your facts, SDSU actually had the worst recruiting class in the Dakotas for FCS schools.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank...sType=0&Sort=0

So I guess USD isn't having a real difficult time putting together a better recruiting class than SDSU according to Rivals. That is very much contradictory to what many NDSU and SDSU fans would have thought. The Jacks are coming off a playoff birth, post season eligibilty, a more established conference and stealing USD recruits yet the Yotes are still winning the recruiting battle. Imagine what things will be like when USD has those same types of advantages. I guess the dome compared to the pasture known as "Cough"lin Alumni must be helping out. SDSU can win South Dakota all they want head to head against USD as long as the Yotes recruit better players which is all that really matters.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Better check your facts, SDSU actually had the worst recruiting class in the Dakotas for FCS schools.

So I guess USD isn't having a real difficult time putting together a better recruiting class than SDSU according to Rivals. That is very much contradictory to what many NDSU and SDSU fans would have thought. The Jacks are coming off a playoff birth, post season eligibilty, a more established conference and stealing USD recruits yet the Yotes are still winning the recruiting battle. Imagine what things will be like when USD has those same types of advantages. I guess the dome compared to the pasture known as "Cough"lin Alumni must be helping out. SDSU can win South Dakota all they want head to head against USD as long as the Yotes recruit better players which is all that really matters.
                            So wait, you are siting a source that says we only have five commitments? Funny.

Comment

Comment

And D2 is exactly the same as FCS. And away games don't count.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X