Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU Steals USD Verbal Sherlock

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    I wasn't gonna post this but just couldn't resist, like usual. Lets not beat around the bush with this. The Jacks stepped in and stole one of the USD verbals. There is no grey area in a black and white issue. It will be interesting to see what SDSU fans think of this. I am sure there will be plenty of reasons for them to do nothing but rationalize this as an honorable move. Of course the bu**sh*t will be spewing from the glass houses but I can assure you that if USD stole one of SDSU's verbals there would be a 20 page rant on this message board and everything that USD has done in the past 10 years would be scrutinized and USD would be called nothing but "cheap", " "second class", whatever you wanna call it. I bet now that the shoe is on the Jackrabbit foot everything is "all good".

Meirkort was talking about this on the radio yesterday (or something to it's effect) and said that it was immoral for a program to convince a verbal to change their mind. He said that at USD they don't recruit that way. Way to go Ed, way to go.

Which program plays with honor and integrity and which one doesn't? You the reader decide.
    udot stole a womens basketball player that had already played a season at SDSU. The name Koupal ring a bell. The was plenty of talk about Chadwick and how this all came about. Are we bitter? No we are not. Thanks for the national championship. Team players are better.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
      udot stole a womens basketball player that had already played a season at SDSU. The name Koupal ring a bell. The was plenty of talk about Chadwick and how this all came about. Are we bitter? No we are not. Thanks for the national championship. Team players are better.
      That turned out pretty good for usd II didn't it? What have they won 2 of the last 30?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        That turned out pretty good for usd II didn't it? What have they won 2 of the last 30?
        I think its 3 of the last 31 but who is counting.

Koupal had a couple of reasons for leaving. In the end, I think it worked out best for both parties.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I think its 3 of the last 31 but who is counting.

Koupal had a couple of reasons for leaving. In the end, I think it worked out best for both parties.
          The TV coverage of the game included a few shots of Mandy the grad assistant coach. I noted she has some very fashionable glasses, but I suppose during her playing days she wore contacts. Some school is going to get a very good coach when she finishes her studies at USD. She no doubt is a great student of the game. Williams would be smart to find a place for her on his staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            The TV coverage of the game included a few shots of Mandy the grad assistant coach. I noted she has some very fashionable glasses, but I suppose during her playing days she wore contacts. Some school is going to get a very good coach when she finishes her studies at USD. She no doubt is a great student of the game. Williams would be smart to find a place for her on his staff.
            Having a good career as a player will not make you a good coach.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              Having a good career as a player will not make you a good coach.
              We could argue that point until the cows come home. If her best opportunity is an elementry teacher in Dante SD for the next thirty years, then come back and make this point, I may be dead by then, but its okay to p#ss on my grave. I dont think that will be the case though as she seemed to be very coachable when she was wearing yellow and blue. If she is all about herself and her records, then you might be right, but she seems to know what she is doing as GA.

I could make a case if you consider Angie Swensen who is now over in Rochester Mn and married to Kurt Meister, but coached one year at Deuel or Clear Lake and she made a big difference in just one season. Why would Mandy be different?

Bunnie1 are you still upset because she transferred to USD? I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                We could argue that point until the cows come home. If her best opportunity is an elementry teacher in Dante SD for the next thirty years, then come back and make this point, I may be dead by then, but its okay to p#ss on my grave. I dont think that will be the case though.
                Especially unlikely given that the Dante kids go to Bon Homme for elementary school (I think). Now, she could end up raising angus on the family ranch (and I don't mean her son), wouldn't be anything wrong with that.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Some of the best coaches were not great players (or players at all). See SDSU's own staff - Stig (not a player) Meadows (not a player) AJ (marginal player) Nagy (one of Delta State's finest).

Then again, some great players go on to excellent coaching careers. Kevin McHale and Isiah Thomas come to mind.

USD is fortunate that she came back and is contributing to the program. I think we all wish anyone who goes into coaching the best as it's not an easy profession and anyone who wants to work with student-athletes deserves some praise.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                    Some of the best coaches were not great players (or players at all). See SDSU's own staff - Stig (not a player) Meadows (not a player) AJ (marginal player) Nagy (one of Delta State's finest).

Then again, some great players go on to excellent coaching careers. Kevin McHale and Isiah Thomas come to mind.

USD is fortunate that she came back and is contributing to the program. I think we all wish anyone who goes into coaching the best as it's not an easy profession and anyone who wants to work with student-athletes deserves some praise.
                    Catchem:

This is true, but I do think having played the game gives you an understanding of the game, but granted rules change from year to year, so playing experince that was ten years ago may be flawed if that is all a coach uses in coaching a current team. Its about keeping up with the changes and how dedicated you are to working with others younger than yourself that counts in the end. So knowing the game and having an ability to interact and motivate are without a doubt the trump cards in coaching.

Has anyone heard that Mandy was a terrible coach? I have not so I assume she is doing okay. Also the Dante reference was an attempt at humor. I doubt there is little more than a PO and maybe a bar left at Dante. No doubt they probably havent had a school there since the 1950's. Joeboo will know

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post

That middle paragraph, were you serious about that? "Isaiah Thomas," and "excellent coaching career" in the same sentence, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                        That middle paragraph, were you serious about that? "Isaiah Thomas," and "excellent coaching career" in the same sentence, I don't think so.
                        I think tongue was firmly implanted in cheek. See, the internet is such serious business, I didn't even realize it was a good joke at first read, I had to read it three times. I liked the Kevin McHale as well.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                          The guy who posted that also dropped a few passes, not very many, but a few none-the-less.

Comment

I heard someone wanted to start a thread with a poll: Should Catchem's name be changed to Footsteps? Yes or No.

Comment

Oh, man. Talk about some witty comebacks.

In response:

Completely tongue in cheek.

I think tongue was firmly implanted in cheek. See, the internet is such serious business, I didn't even realize it was a good joke at first read, I had to read it three times. I liked the Kevin McHale as well.
                              Exactly.

The guy who posted that also dropped a few passes, not very many, but a few none-the-less.
                              The exact number is 2.

I heard someone wanted to start a thread with a poll: Should Catchem's name be changed to Footsteps? Yes or No.
                              Leadfoot might be more appropriate. Not because I drive fast, because I was slow of foot.
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Above all, Catchem, you're loyal Jackrabbit!

Comment

Working...
                                X