Coyotes humbled again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coyotes humbled again

ya, cant wait til i hear the annoying racist sioux suck __ chants, always classy for a conference to have. or interesting as you state it.

Comment

UND ain't getting in with that nickname.

And it's certainly not the UND fans that are chanting "Sioux suck", so what you're basically implying is that it's BISON fans that are racist.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
        USD/UND need to stay out of the conferences, they just bring everyone down, its sad from afar. miserable fan bases

Laughable
        Assumption
        Kindling
        Even more
        Suspicion on this board

Comment

is that the same guy on gopherhole?

Comment

Wow there has actually been some fairly reasonable discussion on this topic despite it being in the smack session.

USD has actually played a schedule that hasn't included many Summit caliber teams. They have played teams that are most likely lower than most Summit teams including a good number of teams in the Great West. I will insert here that Utah Valley did beat NDSU and are currently in the bottom half of the Great West. They have also played teams above the Summit such as Marquette, Cornell (at least a bit better than most of the Summit), Kansas State, Texas Tech and possibly Oregon State (but that is debatable). I would say the two schools that are probably Summit League level opponents are Moorehead State and Texas A&M Corpus Christie. USD lost to Moorehead in a tight game and beat TAMCC in a tight game.

I believe that the Yotes probably lose at Oakland, IUPUI and Oral Roberts. You may or may not include SDSU in that category but with the extra emotion SDSU would be favored. They probably have good games at IPFW, S Utah, W Illinios, Centenary, UMKC and NDSU. I would say at home the Yotes would be slightly favored over IPFW, S Utah, W Illinois, Centenary, UMKC and NDSU. SDSU is a different type game because of all the emotion so it's difficult to say exactly what would happen. I am not sure how many road games against mid majors SDSU would play with all the hoopla. I think home against IUPUI, Oral Roberts and Oakland are all good games with either team being able to win but it's certainly possible if not probable that the Yotes drop at least one of them and win one of them. USD has yet to have any D1 team come in and just hand it to them on their home court including Cornell. Seattle U last year probably gave USD their toughest home loss as far as matching up. They were a good team.

Cain would probably not be the outright best player in the Summit but he would likely be up there near the top. I also feel as if Gentry and Thomas would be above average players in the Summit. I think Smith would be just ok. He is a bit too slow but has improved his play over the last couple of years and does provide good size. The Yotes will need to continue to acquire good talent but they are off to a good start with what they have done recently. The rest of the team is better around Cain than what they had during their last year of D2. Definately more athletic. I think SDSU and USD have one thing in common and that is the need to find consistancy from game to game. Both have the talent to be able to be good teams but both probably don't bring their A game to the court every night.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Trust me, YF, you're REALLY off the beam on this one.

NDSU had a killer transition. Everybody else has struggled, pretty much.

And NDSU is suffering through the post transition hangover.

Oakland? STUNK during transition. Cal-State Bakersfield? Stinking. IPFW: Stunk. And so on and so forth. Go back and check the stats. You go into D1, your MBB program is going to stink out loud--unless you recruit 3 players that will end up the #1, 3, & 7 all time scorers for your school.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

Oakland? STUNK during transition. Cal-State Bakersfield? Stinking. IPFW: Stunk. And so on and so forth. Go back and check the stats. You go into D1, your MBB program is going to stink out loud--unless you recruit 3 players that will end up the #1, 3, & 7 all time scorers for your school.
                But, but, but the yotes play basketball in a dome! In front of several hundred fans! And they play in the Great West conference! What DI recruit is going to turn them down???

Now that I've got the smack out of the way, it is certainly possible the yotes will complete the transition without many bumps in the road or their ego. Its possible, not probable.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think it is fair to say that the honeymoon period is over for NDSU. They had a fantastic couple of years in MBB but now are now in the bottom half of the conference. Football is mediocre, WBB below average. I'm sure one of their faithful will chime in and say what about volleyball and baseball? Bully for them!

Things have gone okay so far for the Yotes but there is a long way to go.

It is great to be done with that crap!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUEPRBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    I think it is fair to say that the honeymoon period is over for NDSU. They had a fantastic couple of years in MBB but now are now in the bottom half of the conference. Football is mediocre, WBB below average. I'm sure one of their faithful will chime in and say what about volleyball and baseball? Bully for them!

Things have gone okay so far for the Yotes but there is a long way to go.

It is great to be done with that crap!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUEPRBUNNY
                    Baseball? The Bison are really bad at baseball

Comment

I think he meant softball.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                        I think he meant softball.
                        "Forget it, he's rolling . . ."
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          Baseball? The Bison are really bad at baseball
                          I thought they were pretty good at baseball but I don't really care and wasn't going to spend the time to look it up.

Are we kicking their butts in baseball too?

SUPERBUNNY
                          Last edited by SUPERBUNNY; 02-02-2010, 05:11 PM.
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            I thought they were pretty good at baseball but I don't really care and wasn't going to spend the time to look it up.

Are kicking their butts in baseball too?

SUPERBUNNY
                            I'm not sure about the Bison, but I guarantee SDSU would kill USD in baseball.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Well, that's no achievement. I don't know if USD even has club level baseball these days.

Comment

Well, that's no achievement. I don't know if USD even has club level baseball these days.
                                I think that was the point he was making in his post...
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X