Can you hear that???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you hear that???

Mertens and the refs have screwed us out of more wins.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
      A little game to play here...

I am standing by the rail as the players were coming out of the locker room to start the game (My son loves to give the guys 5 as they come off and go on the field). Standing next to me is this Bison fan who is booing our players and holding up a #1 finger. Finally frustrated I turned to him and asked him if he was holding up fingers for the number of wins his team has.

I'll give rep points to the first person who can tell me what his response was...
      We're the best 1-5 team in the nation. Nah, that one is too easy. How about....at least we have a dome.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

A little game to play here...

I am standing by the rail as the players were coming out of the locker room to start the game (My son loves to give the guys 5 as they come off and go on the field). Standing next to me is this Bison fan who is booing our players and holding up a #1 finger. Finally frustrated I turned to him and asked him if he was holding up fingers for the number of wins his team has.

I'll give rep points to the first person who can tell me what his response was...
        f*** you?
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ever seen a booger this big?
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            Ever seen a booger this big?

Ding...Ding...Ding...

Here's to hoping this one wins!!

Only "Booger-Eaters" would chant "Home of the Bison" at the end of the National Athem in the opposing team's house or their own for that matter.

I was so embarrassed for them, I felt my face turning red.

Clueless and Classless.

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Filbert,
              We are all dying to know. If nobody is close enough to win, can you give us a hint?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Maybe that Bison fan was conceding that the Jacks are No.1.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Pity the Bison. They're stuck in the colder and more barren Dakota. They play in an oversized pole barn. And their football team is on the front edge of a downward slide. For the next few years, the biggest attraction at the FargoDome might be a Donnie & Marie Osmond concert.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    "At least we (NDSU) have won 8 Division 2 Championships."
                    SoDakJack wins for being closest. The actual answer was "Yeah, well how many national championships have you won?"

My retort was "Same as you. 0"
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

SoDakJack wins for being closest. The actual answer was "Yeah, well how many national championships have you won?"

That's a nice retort. I wouldn't have been that quick to the draw. Rep points.

Comment

It just amazes me that the "8 DII Championships" comes into play in every conversation. Especially since their last one was almost 20 years ago. The last time that NDSU won a Division championship in football the Soviet Union was still together, Prince Charles and Princess Diana were still married, and Magic Johnson was still not HIV positive.

Granted that SDSU hasn't won anything, but I think that 20 years is the statute on being able to brag about them.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          Granted that SDSU hasn't won anything, but I think that 20 years is the statute on being able to brag about them.
                          Compare Notre Dame Fans the World Over (2009).

I am even a Notre Dame fan but I realize the state of a program that hasn't won anything in over 20 years and previously won a bunch of National Championships without scholarship limits/a lot more scholarships than competition etc. Seems like some of the Bison faithful are the same way. They will continue to brag about it because they have nothing to hang their hat on right now at all. Again, like a lot of Notre Dame fans.

Can't take the championships away, but they do not mean a whole lot when playing in a completely different division.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

EQ & Filbert,
                            Sorry about the mix up. I knew it was EQ that posted by was in real hurry trying to get the post up and I blew it.

Nice retort EQ.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              Compare Notre Dame Fans the World Over (2009).

I am even a Notre Dame fan but I realize the state of a program that hasn't won anything in over 20 years and previously won a bunch of National Championships without scholarship limits/a lot more scholarships than competition etc. Seems like some of the Bison faithful are the same way. They will continue to brag about it because they have nothing to hang their hat on right now at all. Again, like a lot of Notre Dame fans.

Can't take the championships away, but they do not mean a whole lot when playing in a completely different division.
                              Being a passing fan of the Golden Domers, I shuddered a bit when you compared them to the Bison.

I will admit that I love to see the conversations that bison fans have with other FCS schools when they bring up the "Emmaculate 8."
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                                EQ & Filbert,
                                Sorry about the mix up. I knew it was EQ that posted by was in real hurry trying to get the post up and I blew it.

Nice retort EQ.
                                Yes, but have you ever seen us in the same room at the same time? And even if you did, would that really prove anything? You could have been mistaken, you know . . .

Just sayin' . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X