Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you hear that???

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Take away a couple of very shaky players (one rhymes with Bick Bertens) and they'd be OK.
    He was their best running option. He made a couple of good throws, but there were a lot of bad ones. Bohl can complain about Mike Tyson being suspended and they really could have used him, but it isn't our fault he was stupid enough to throw a punch. Injuries happen, suspensions happen. Get over it.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Accordring to Bisonville,Mr. Mertens is no longer the starting QB.

Comment

Anyone notice something? Anything with grass on it, real, natural grass, is now considered a "pasture" by NDSU fans. I think their prides a bit sore aftert this weekend
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Anyone notice something? Anything with grass on it, real, natural grass, is now considered a "pasture" by NDSU fans. I think their prides a bit sore aftert this weekend
          Field was in crummy shape, tailgate lot was muddy, area around the stadium was soggy, and I had one of the best nights at a football game that I can remember in a long time.

Worst part of the evening were the cocky Bison fans spouting off about the Jacks getting beat by the first worth opponent of the year while ruining the end of the anthem. Followed by those same cocky fans turning whiny about not having their running back, having a crummy QB, and the high school atmosphere at CAS. Most of them started walking out with about 6 minutes to play.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Field was in crummy shape, tailgate lot was muddy, area around the stadium was soggy, and I had one of the best nights at a football game that I can remember in a long time.

Worst part of the evening were the cocky Bison fans spouting off about the Jacks getting beat by the first worth opponent of the year while ruining the end of the anthem. Followed by those same cocky fans turning whiny about not having their running back, having a crummy QB, and the high school atmosphere at CAS. Most of them started walking out with about 6 minutes to play.
            Nothing like good old tradition at NDSU

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

There were some leaving even earlier than that. I almost thought it was the real grass moving with the breeze but it was their fans leaving. Mertens' game might not have been the greatest, but there were a lot of players for NDSU who should be benched then. BUT, may as well just blame Mertens so there isn't more than one person upset. When they lose next week, it will be Mertens' fault because he didn't play.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                There were some leaving even earlier than that. I almost thought it was the real grass moving with the breeze but it was their fans leaving. Mertens' game might not have been the greatest, but there were a lot of players for NDSU who should be benched then. BUT, may as well just blame Mertens so there isn't more than one person upset. When they lose next week, it will be Mertens' fault because he didn't play.
                Mertens is a good athlete and a solid runner. They should play him at H-back or WR or somewhere he can put that athletic talent to good use. He's not a great QB. He threw 7 or 8 of the ugliest passes I have seen this year.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                  There is plenty of chirping on Bisonville today. Some of it is comical and some of it, god forbid, makes sense.

If you are a Jackrabbit fan and need a laugh today, visit Bisonville. The best thread talks about combining UND and NDSU sports programs to become a Big Ten and national super power.

Maybe they should combine to beat USF first.

You gotta love the bookend 28-13 drubbings from a. the Bizun rival and b. an NAIA school that just goes out and plays the game.

Say, if they did combine the two, what would the mascot be?

Here's one nomination: A Bison named Sue.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Mertens is a good athlete and a solid runner. They should play him at H-back or WR or somewhere he can put that athletic talent to good use. He's not a great QB. He threw 7 or 8 of the ugliest passes I have seen this year.

I do beleive that NDSU now has Mertens listed as #2 on the depth chart. To bad for the kid. He really took a beating from the Bison fans. However, I don't think Mr. Mertens ever wrote his own name down in the starting line up sheet. He simply went out and played and did his best. Obviously that was not good enough for the Bison fans who appear to be less upset with the DUI's, drug charges, team rules, punch throwing thugs on the team.

1-0 this week Jacks

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                      I do beleive that NDSU now has Mertens listed as #2 on the depth chart. To bad for the kid. He really took a beating from the Bison fans. However, I don't think Mr. Mertens ever wrote his own name down in the starting line up sheet. He simply went out and played and did his best. Obviously that was not good enough for the Bison fans who appear to be less upset with the DUI's, drug charges, team rules, punch throwing thugs on the team.

1-0 this week Jacks

GBGBGJ
                      I would give you rep points on this post, but I guess I can not do that since I must have given you points very recently. Certainly could not have said it better as Mertens has had his share of grief, and even being from East Grand Forks, Minnesota seem to draw the wrath of the Bison dislike of UND. I was impressed with his running ability and in fact NDSU might have pulled the Illinois State game out by a nice run made by Mertens, however it was nullified by an unsportsman like penalty. Your typical Bisonville guy says it was a bad call and they were robbed. What a joke. I would not be unhappy if NDSU went 1-10 for the next five years. Maybe some of those folks would begin understand humility.

Comment

A little game to play here...

I am standing by the rail as the players were coming out of the locker room to start the game (My son loves to give the guys 5 as they come off and go on the field). Standing next to me is this Bison fan who is booing our players and holding up a #1 finger. Finally frustrated I turned to him and asked him if he was holding up fingers for the number of wins his team has.

I'll give rep points to the first person who can tell me what his response was...
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post

I am standing by the rail as the players were coming out of the locker room to start the game (My son loves to give the guys 5 as they come off and go on the field). Standing next to me is this Bison fan who is booing our players and holding up a #1 finger. Finally frustrated I turned to him and asked him if he was holding up fingers for the number of wins his team has.

I'll give rep points to the first person who can tell me what his response was...
                          My guess: NOTHING!
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

He held up a different finger?

Comment

yea well your field is poopy and so is your tailgate lot.?
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

"At least we (NDSU) have won 8 Division 2 Championships."
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X