What, The Jacks are Taking a Bus!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What, The Jacks are Taking a Bus!!!

24-23 UC-Davis. Udot got the extra point blocked.

Comment

The seven point, home smell advantage just wasn't enough, apparently. ... Tough loss for the Yoties. Their QB is a definite stud, but their special teams certainly are questionable.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
        24-23 UC-Davis. Udot got the extra point blocked.
        I was at the game. The special teams and the pass coverage was awful. 2 missed FG's of under 35 yards and a blocked extra point. USD still should have won, UC Davis had 4th and 12 in OT and somehow converted (I instantly thought of the McNeese game last year).

As for the topic of this thread, you guys give USD a hard time for taking a bus, CF gives you guys a hard time for taking the bus. Just how it goes.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Isn't this multiple games now that udot has missed some xp's and has some fg's blocked?

That team has some SERIOUS special teams issues.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Actually a good chunk of the teams in the Missouri Valley take a bus if the opposition is within reasonable travel distance, i.e. 12 hours or so. Youngstown State had tweeters from their bus when they traveled to Terra Haute to face Indiana State. Western Illinois bused to us last year, Illinois State bused to us last year, UNI bused to us. Should I go on?

A big difference busing to a conference team with in close distance and busing to a Division II school that no one had ever heard off.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Isn't this multiple games now that udot has missed some xp's and has some fg's blocked?

That team has some SERIOUS special teams issues.

I've often thought "special teams" was the biggest misnomer in sports. (and that says something. Super Bowls that weren't so Super. Relief pitchers that provide no relief. Etc., etc.) However, this proves that special teams is tops.

Comment

USD would take a bus if they were playing at Hawaii.

Comment

ok..... first of all as far as the bus goes.... USD, lets be real there is a huge difference between Vermillion-one of the Carolinas and Brookings to Springfield MO..... Now if SDSU had taken a bus to the Cal-Poly I could understand the smack.... as far as the game, I've watched the last 3 USD games on TV and all I can say is wow.... especially the last 2.... you guys have a very talented team, they just can't finish anything on offense. seems like they have no problem between the 20's but thats about it.... there kicking game, well if you wanted me to I'd gladly go find a few junior high kids who could make an extra point. Its a dome guys, I can understand missing one here or there outside on real grass, with wind and real weather but your in a dome thats un called for.....

Comment

I don't think that the Yankton College Alumni Assoc. is willing to give up the sports nickname anytime soon especially to Udot. So let's leave it the Yankton College Greyhounds. Or the Yankton Federal Correctional Center Greyhounds as the case may be.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1 View Post
                      USD would take a bus if they were playing at Hawaii.
                      Hope they schedule them soon. All their teams.

Comment

Adding a coda to the bus discussion:

Hurricanes leaving the plane grounded for UCF trip
                        Part of a plan to trim at least $150,000 from the team's travel budget, Miami won't use a charter plane when traveling to face Central Florida on Saturday night, taking a caravan of six buses instead for the 3-hour trip to Orlando.

The Hurricanes will stay grounded when going to Tampa to face South Florida on Nov. 28, making about a 4-hour bus ride then.
                        My opinion is that if FBS schools were flying rather than taking a 3-hour bus trip, then there was (and is) way, way too much money in big-time football.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                        X