Nebraska Smack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska????

Why is this thread in the Missouri Valley Football Conference section?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
      You mean like KU fans don't want to be reminded of the 35 years prior to that?

If it weren't for Callahan, KU would be staring directly at a 40-year losing streak to the Huskers.
      Like I said, the distant past. And I highly doubt with the players that the herbies had for the last few years that it would have made any difference who the coach was. Live in the now, jacksfaninne, live in the now.

Kansas beat Nebraska 76-39 in Memorial Stadium on November 3, 2007. This was the largest number of points ever surrendered by a Nebraska team; the Jayhawks also set records for most points against Nebraska in a half (1st half, 48 points) and quarter (2nd quarter, 27 points). The 95 points scored by the Jayhawks in 2006 and 2007 combined is the largest consecutive two-year total in the series.

Caveat: This is all in good fun, I hope no one is taking this personally.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

This is as good a place as any to post my hostility towards thread drift. This started as a thread dealing with the possibility of Nebraska buying out our game with them next year. Despite STRONG evidence to the contrary, every time the thread lights up with new posts, I check to see whether something dramatic has happened in regards to that game. I have to admit I get tired of checking threads that have wandered way off the subject.

No offense intended for those posters who have inadvertently made the original thread moot. But less (rather than more) drift would be my personal preference. End of rant!

Comment

I continue in an impish mood, so I'll move it to Smack and re-title it Nebraska Smack. That should take care of it.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Nebraska Smack

This former Nebraska fan hopes they lose every remaining game and Pelini is fired next year!
            Last edited by JACKGUYII; 10-02-2009, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Nebraska sucks.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                Nebraska sucks.
                and North Dakota blows hence the windy freakin conditions we have to deal with in South Dakota. It really windy in Brookings because the coyotes suck even more than the huskers!
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I continue in an impish mood, so I'll move it to Smack and re-title it Nebraska Smack. That should take care of it.
                  You are my hero...Phil-e-do-dah! To other contributors to this thread, start a new thread if you have credible evidence that our game next year has been bought out...until then, smack away!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    You are my hero...Phil-e-do-dah! To other contributors to this thread, start a new thread if you have credible evidence that our game next year has been bought out...until then, smack away!!

Drift alert! (red lights flashing). Drift alert! (more red lights flashing).

Isn't the thread you want folks to start the exact topic THIS thread started with, somewhere back before Bo's chewing gum and the side quips on the KU-Nebraska rivalry? (both of which I enjoyed, btw). If so, triple Lutz moderating points for Filbert for landing this mid-thread correction.

However, I am probably in the minority, and perhaps I should start another thread, but I don't mind a little drift from time to time. It's sort of like stopping to smell the roses (or buffalo chips or tailgate barbecue) on the SDSU Forum Highway. As long as they are not libelous or demeaning, I often find the drift comments the funniest and at least as insightful as repetitive arguments on the straight and narrow, and our moderators are pretty darned good about keeping things going in a general direction.
                    Sorry, drifting..... My bad.... Back to the topic at hand. What was it again?

Comment

Is gett1ng a little deep in here?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        ... Back to the topic at hand. What was it again?
                        Pie? Snookums and I were in a Quik Trip (Kind of like the unfortunately named Kum-and-Go but generally nicer) and I saw one of those fried turnover pies . . . chocolate! Mmmm. If I wasn't on this diet . . .

Snookums was disgusted. "I'd eat the cherry one," she said, referring to the stack of pies beside the chocolate ones, "but the chocolate would be disgusting."

"Yeah," I said with satisfaction.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Pie? Snookums and I were in a Quik Trip (Kind of like the unfortunately named Kum-and-Go but generally nicer) and I saw one of those fried turnover pies . . . chocolate! Mmmm. If I wasn't on this diet . . .

Snookums was disgusted. "I'd eat the cherry one," she said, referring to the stack of pies beside the chocolate ones, "but the chocolate would be disgusting."

"Yeah," I said with satisfaction.
                          I think the apple are best.

Chocolate is basically just chocolate pudding in a deep fried pie crust. Nothing too special...

Comment

Working...
                          X