Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska????

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I like this forum and I like most of the info here but I don't like speculation from a poster who has 3 or 4 posts to his or her name. It doesn't mean the information isn't accurate but it can lead to reaction that isn't necessarily productive. If someone has information from an SDSU source that this is true then let's discuss it further. If you joined the forum just to post this info I'd appreciate more information about your source. Maybe that is just me though.

I don't personally mind if they buy out, I've got access to great tickets in Lincoln but I'd be happy to see SDSU take the money and find another game. I wouldn't lose any more respect for UNL, that just wouldn't be possible.

First off JACK, I just had a name change so I would have a better id suitable for this forum. I have made several hundred posts! Quality over Quanity! Anyway, so if I say that Coach Stig and I were eating at Applebee's and he thought that Nebraska was buying us out in a casual conversation, is that what you are looking for? Do we really need to call someone out and list a name. i heard from a source from the University and just simply asked if anyone else had heard the same thing!

BTW, my old name was TATTOO!

So we can close this thread as the ANWSER is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

Anyone else get irrated with seeing spectators at the Jacks games with Nebraska attire.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Anyone else get irrated with seeing spectators at the Jacks games with Nebraska attire.

Maybe they came up for a recruiting visit from nebraska or just hanging with family at a game. I love the Huskers and hope we can go to Lincoln next year and enjoy the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
            Maybe they came up for a recruiting visit from nebraska or just hanging with family at a game. I love the Huskers and hope we can go to Lincoln next year and enjoy the atmosphere.
            Trust me if the people I saw at CAS wearing Nebraska attire are on a recruiting visit than our standards are going way down. I used to love the Huskers and now I enjoy everytime the gum chewing Pellini loses a game.

Comment

First off JACK, I just had a name change so I would have a better id suitable for this forum. I have made several hundred posts! Quality over Quanity! Anyway, so if I say that Coach Stig and I were eating at Applebee's and he thought that Nebraska was buying us out in a casual conversation, is that what you are looking for? Do we really need to call someone out and list a name. i heard from a source from the University and just simply asked if anyone else had heard the same thing!

So we can close this thread as the ANWSER is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
              Would you consider this a quality thread? The RUMOR about a buyout has been circulating from the day Osborn was quoted as saying he doesn't support games against FCS teams. I can find nothing more substantial in your first post and asked for clarification. Your reply hasn't provided that. The beat writer for SDSU says no official word on a buyout. That doesn't mean it won't happen and I think everyone here had a pretty good understanding of that without another thread about the same rumor.

Now, if you started the thread to voice your desire to see the game happen because you are a Husker fan and look forward to the opportunity to see the Jackrabbits play at Memorial stadium, than say that. The AD at Nebraska has said that he doesn't like the FCS games on the future schedule, so someone at the UNL has indicated a buyout is possible.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SDSU Associate AD Rob Peterson said the Nebraska game is still on and he can't understand why the rumor keeps surfacing that it will be a buyout. Whether that proves true will be answered in the future, but the speculation that anybody tied to the SDSU athletic administration would indicate a buyout is going to happen, should stop. Peterson handles all of the football scheduling. Nuf said.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  SDSU Associate AD Rob Peterson said the Nebraska game is still on and he can't understand why the rumor keeps surfacing that it will be a buyout. Whether that proves true will be answered in the future, but the speculation that anybody tied to the SDSU athletic administration would indicate a buyout is going to happen, should stop. Peterson handles all of the football scheduling. Nuf said.
                  Check and mate. Rob's the man in the know (and I would know because I know Rob). Although, he is pretty quiet sometimes and maybe he's just sitting on something...probably not though...but then again...naaahhhh...or maybe...
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Ahhh thats our problem here. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Ahhh thats our problem here. Carry on.
                      Was that a? Nah, couldn't be not from you.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Speaking of Nebraska, I spent part of Saturday watching their game with Va Tech. I noticed that both Matt Holt and Jim Ebke were listed on the roster but neither made an appearance. I also noticed that the linebackers that did play were all very young scholarship linebackers. BTW Ebke is listed as a safety in the roster.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                          Speaking of Nebraska, I spent part of Saturday watching their game with Va Tech. I noticed that both Matt Holt and Jim Ebke were listed on the roster but neither made an appearance. I also noticed that the linebackers that did play were all very young scholarship linebackers. BTW Ebke is listed as a safety in the roster.

Holt is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

Comment

Well, that's why I didn't see him then. Thanks for the info Nova.
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                              Well, that's why I didn't see him then. Thanks for the info Nova.

Here's the link. Sorry didn't have it before:

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...7038/Matt_Holt

Comment

I haven't heard anything on any of the talk shows or seen anything in the Lincoln or Omaha papers lately on the subject. That doesn't mean I haven't missed something.

However, there has been coverage in the past. Pelini was quoted as saying he didn't want to play games against lower division teams, but that the previous administration saw things differently and that Nebraska would honor its commitments. Jeff Jamrog, assistant AD for football and chief scheduler, has said that Nebraska would consider (if not prefer) a buyout of the SDSU game, but that would only occur if a better opportunity against an FBS opponent came along and only if SDSU could find a suitable replacement for Nebraska.

It seems late to be trying to juggle schedules, but if someone such as an ESPN had approached Nebraska about putting together a mega game (mega $$$) against a major FBS opponent, I wouldn't be surprised to see a buyout. I haven't heard any such rumor, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be work going on behind the scenes, including Nebraska working to help find us an acceptable replacement game.

Rob Peterson doesn't have to wonder any longer -- it's posts like this that keep the rumor mill churning.
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X