Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska????

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Trust me if the people I saw at CAS wearing Nebraska attire are on a recruiting visit than our standards are going way down. I used to love the Huskers and now I enjoy everytime the gum chewing Pellini loses a game.
    You used to love the Huskers but Pelini turns you off? The guy that's started to erase the stink of the Callahan years? Curious as to what you don't like about him.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnYote View Post
      Curious as to what you don't like about him.
      Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnYote View Post
        You used to love the Huskers but Pelini turns you off? The guy that's started to erase the stink of the Callahan years? Curious as to what you don't like about him.
        Has a lot to do with a few of his recruiting antics specifically Matt Holt. I also hate watching a grown man constantly chomping down on gum.
        Last edited by JACKGUYII; 09-26-2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Has a lot to do with a few of his recruiting antics specifically Matt Holt. I also hate watching a grown man constantly chomping down on gum.
          Chomping down on gum??? You were a real die hard. While I hate that Holt isn't playing for us, he is playing at Nebraska and that is Pelini's job. Get the best kids for his team. He's doing an incredible job and to hate somebody for that is just childish. How long before you despise the Jacks because Stig's hair got too gray?
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

He didn't say he hated Bo, just watching him chomping on gum. Although still not a good reason to judge a program.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              Chomping down on gum??? You were a real die hard. While I hate that Holt isn't playing for us, he is playing at Nebraska and that is Pelini's job. Get the best kids for his team. He's doing an incredible job and to hate somebody for that is just childish. How long before you despise the Jacks because Stig's hair got too gray?
              I very much doubt Stig would call a recruit who had already verbaled to another institution in the middle of the night and plead with him to walk on for him. He has too much class which is something Pelini is clearly lacking. Yes, I am a diehard for every team I follow. I just don't appreciate the direction of UNL program under Pelini and would love to see him get run out of town. If you think wins over Fla Atlantic, Ark State and La Lafayette means he is doing a good job than I guess the standards have dropped at the mighty UNL. I clearly expect them to show their arrogance and lack of intregity and buy out the game with us next year.

Comment

I very much doubt Stig would call a recruit who had already verbaled to another institution in the middle of the night and plead with him to walk on for him. He has too much class which is something Pelini is clearly lacking. Yes, I am a diehard for every team I follow. I just don't appreciate the direction of UNL program under Pelini and would love to see him get run out of town. If you think wins over Fla Atlantic, Ark State and La Lafayette means he is doing a good job than I guess the standards have dropped at the mighty UNL. I clearly expect them to show their arrogance and lack of intregity and buy out the game with us next year.
                You know what the great thing about sports is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Maybe Pelani is a Ditka fan. Chewing gum worked for him. Seriously I think Pelani was trying to send a message to those up and coming D1AA programs that they still have a major FBS institution in their mists. Its not right, but I suspect Holt and the other kid thought walking on at Nebraska was more important to them than coming to SDSU with a full ride. Young people weigh their options strangly some times, and never consider that they have a lot of life ahead of them and what it the costs are when it comes to investing in higher education.
                  Both of these guys really missed the boat from a free education point of view, but its about football and like Rabbit Observer Youtube, "you play to win the game".

Comment

And when they end the year ranked in the top 25 and do play us next year will you like the direction that the program is headed?

Comment

And when they end the year ranked in the top 25 and do play us next year will you like the direction that the program is headed?
                      God forbid that happens. I like it better when the Cornshuckers are in the toilet where they belong. The Callahan years were great years IMO.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        God forbid that happens. I like it better when the Cornshuckers are in the toilet where they belong. The Callahan years were great years IMO.
                        Very similar to all KU years prior to Mangino.

Comment

In a word....no.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Very similar to all KU years prior to Mangino.
                            Don't go dredging up the distant past on me now. I might just have to reference that massacre from 2007 and no Cornhusker fan wants to be reminded of that.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Don't go dredging up the distant past on me now. I might just have to reference that massacre from 2007 and no Cornhusker fan wants to be reminded of that.
                              I was in KC that weekend to go to that game, but at the last minute was directed elsewhere...thank goodness. I do think the whoopin' played a big role in getting rid of Callahan so there were some bright spots!

Comment

You mean like KU fans don't want to be reminded of the 35 years prior to that?

If it weren't for Callahan, KU would be staring directly at a 40-year losing streak to the Huskers.
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X