X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POST defeats U

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Rabbit Observer:
    How can you blame the lame schedules on John Austin? He left more than 5 years ago. Please explain.
    Sure, it would be my pleasure. The first 2 years he coached at USD, 2004 and 2005, USD had already made commitments for games against weaker teams. Nothing he could do about it, except play the schedule that they were dealt. Those were the 2 teams that USD fans felt got jobbed out of the playoffs. I think in 2004 they didn't, but in 2005 they were def. one of the top 15 teams in a country, but they didn't win the games they should have (much like SDSU this year) and theres nothing you can do about it. They tried to schedule a tough opponent that year, Colorado Mines on the road (only lost 1 game the year before, and made the playoffs), but Mines sucked the year USD played them and ended up killing their strength of schedule. Finally in 2006 with a little more freedom, the schedule got tougher and USD made the playoffs at 8-3 because of it. Last year, with their weakest team of the Meirkort era, USD played one of the toughest schedules in D2.

If you've never heard of negotiating games 3 or 4 years down the road you haven't been paying attention to what your own school has been doing.

Hope that helps.

Edit: I may have gotten specific years wrong. It all runs together, haha. But for the above, consider 2004 Meirkort's first year, 2005 his second (the best team I've ever seen at USD), 2006 as Logan's last year and Shep's first, and 2007 as last year obviously. I think that is how it goes, but I might be slightly off.
    Last edited by RabbitObsessed; 12-01-2008, 10:47 AM.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      but I might be slightly off.
      You got that right

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        You got that right
        Well played. Glad I'm not the only one who quotes people out of context to make a joke.

Comment

Good God, this is the smack thread. ... Most of the stuff I post in here is to bust your guys' balls. Thats what this section of the forum is for right?
          If your goal is to provoke people, you can't really be surprised when they respond, can you?
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            If your goal is to provoke people, you can't really be surprised when they respond, can you?
            Busting balls is not the same thing as provoke.

Comment

It achieves the same result

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                It achieves the same result
                Depending on the reader. If you read it, thinking everything I right is 100% serious and for some reason, something I write bothers you, then yes, my writing was provocative.

But if you read it as me just joking around, then it shouldn't be much of a problem. I'm an easy going, sarcastic kind of dude and I like to joke around a lot. It's hard display that in writing (unless you are good writer, which I will never claim to be) so I add the little smilies on the right to help add to the point.

Yet people still think I hate the school that I attend. Whatever. Just read my posts with this post in mind, and you'll be good to go.

Comment

How about a little less busting balls then so you quit wasting a lot of the reader's time with senseless banter!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    How about a little less busting balls then so you quit wasting a lot of the reader's time with senseless banter!
                    Oh sorry. I must have missed the part where people were being forced to read this...

Comment

You know Filbert, I must say the ignore feature is a great feature for this board

Comment

Well played. Glad I'm not the only one who quotes people out of context to make a joke.
                        Out of what context and joke?
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

are you British?

I never said they were in a good spot to move up, so stop putting words in my mouth. If you look I've said in many spots that USD was in a terrible position to move up and only did it because that was basically their only move. I even said UND was in a better spot.

I can't explain it cause I haven't watched them play very much this year. At the beginning of the year after watching SDSU play I would have said based on the talent alone that USD is returning plus adding Louie they would have been able to beat up on SDSU. Now I don't think thats very accurate. I still think they could play with them easily and I still think they would beat them but it would be a tough fought game.

I still think they will be able to recruit well. They got Louie to go there and he will never be able to play in a post season tourney. I do think Mens basketball is the "major" sport where USD has a chance in 4 or 5 years to be ahead of where SDSU is right now. Remember, when comparing SDSU and USD's basketball teams SDSU is 4 years ahead. 4 years from now I don't think USD will be in the position that SDSU is now with people contemplating whether or not to fire Boots. But who knows, people didn't expect SDSU to be here now.

False hope. Glad you guys had it.

If Tony Romo hadn't botched the snap two years ago...
                          If JFK had dropped something and bent over to pick it up at exactly the right moment...
                          If Norwood hadn't gone wide right...

I'm sorry you're in a bad conference. Hopefully you can fix that.

Prolly. Who knows if we'll get power-houses like UIU on our schedule. We can only hope.

USD had one of the five toughest schedules in D2 last year. 2 years ago it was week, but last year they stepped up. And the reason they had ****ty schedules 2 and 3 years ago is casue they were locked into games from Austin's regime.
                          And maybe if SDSU had worked on hands drills a little more Jimmy Rogers would have caught a few more....

Like Upper Iowa, right?

Good, cause the only fans more annoying then you guys are NDSU fans.
                          Here to anwser your questions/statements.

Nope, Danish and German.

Im not putting words in your mouth, im not a ventrilaquist(sp). I suppose I say it to you to defend the feelings and thoughts of yote fans that frequent here considering your one of um. (and I mean that like its a bad thing).

You might not have watched them at Udot as you admit you havent watched many SDSU games of any sport the last year fews im guessing, but you sure have a bit to say about how SDSU is not so hot and blah blah blah.

Yeah we said that too in our first year and we got a few good ones and a few bad ones. Your gonna get to the point where you dont have a lot of choices and have to choose from slim pickins for recruits.

Had false hope but not anymore. We see the end of the road that took its toll on us. Your just starting your adventure of D-1 hell. Dont expect it to be rainbows and sunshine the whole time because the experience can be very difficult if you do.

If and what nots, Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but to ignore those situations is very narrow minded. (We understand thats a problem of Udot fans).

I was refering the the cupcakes for your football team to play, but thanks for reminding me thats what your basketball team does too. For your school its the rule, not the exception.

And so true about the NDSU fans, thats why it gave us such pleasure in beating them again.

Maybe after your time here you will see a bit of a difference in the administration of the schools and realize which one has set its self up for failure. Its USD if you couldnt figure out has gone rather blindly into the transition hoping to ride on our coattails just like they did as D-2.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Here to anwser your questions/statements.

Nope, Danish and German.

Im not putting words in your mouth, im not a ventrilaquist(sp). I suppose I say it to you to defend the feelings and thoughts of yote fans that frequent here considering your one of um. (and I mean that like its a bad thing).

You might not have watched them at Udot as you admit you havent watched many SDSU games of any sport the last year fews im guessing, but you sure have a bit to say about how SDSU is not so hot and blah blah blah.

Yeah we said that too in our first year and we got a few good ones and a few bad ones. Your gonna get to the point where you dont have a lot of choices and have to choose from slim pickins for recruits.

Had false hope but not anymore. We see the end of the road that took its toll on us. Your just starting your adventure of D-1 hell. Dont expect it to be rainbows and sunshine the whole time because the experience can be very difficult if you do.

If and what nots, Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but to ignore those situations is very narrow minded. (We understand thats a problem of Udot fans).

I was refering the the cupcakes for your football team to play, but thanks for reminding me thats what your basketball team does too. For your school its the rule, not the exception.

And so true about the NDSU fans, thats why it gave us such pleasure in beating them again.

Maybe after your time here you will see a bit of a difference in the administration of the schools and realize which one has set its self up for failure. Its USD if you couldnt figure out has gone rather blindly into the transition hoping to ride on our coattails just like they did as D-2.
                            Thanks for the response. I realized I typed British when its actually New England people that say wicked.

As for not watching SDSU games I've readily admitted SDSU has a better football team, and as far as basketball, does it really take much to figure out they are a struggling program? Maybe the win against UCA turns it around for them. I hope so cause I wanna watch some good basketball.

As for your last paragraph, I do realize those things, and I'm sure a lot of USD fans do too. The thing is though I'm not going to "change." That's how sports work. You pick your team and you are with them through the ups and the downs. I grew up liking USD and I will die liking USD. I suppose that means I'm narrow minded and stupid though. Peace.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I realized I typed British when its actually New England people that say wicked.

As for not watching SDSU games I've readily admitted SDSU has a better football team, and as far as basketball, does it really take much to figure out they are a struggling program? Maybe the win against UCA turns it around for them. I hope so cause I wanna watch some good basketball.

As for your last paragraph, I do realize those things, and I'm sure a lot of USD fans do too. The thing is though I'm not going to "change." That's how sports work. You pick your team and you are with them through the ups and the downs. I grew up liking USD and I will die liking USD. I suppose that means I'm narrow minded and stupid though. Peace.
                              Why didn't you go to USD?? It seems like you will never like SDSU so why are you here?

Comment

If busting balls is the written equivalent of kicking somebody in the groin, then I'd say it's a provocation. Is that what you're doing? Or do you mean some other kind of ball busting?

By the way, you have every right to be a fan of whatever team you want. I worked at Oklahoma, but I wasn't an OU fan. I got my master's at Minnesota State, but never was a Mavericks fan. Got my Ph.D. at Iowa... well I'm a Hawkeye fan, but it's the exception that proves the rule.

I can certainly understand growing up a fan of one team and staying a fan. Nothing wrong with that. And yes, this is a smack thread, so smack away. I think it's fun, and it helps us craft stronger arguments for those fans who are persuadable.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X