X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1962

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Great idea jackmd, if I got a check from USD I would definitely do that

If I got a check from USD, I'd hurry up and cash it. If they are paying me, things can't be going to well!
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Tell me more about how badly the U team that lost to a DII team would beat our men's BB team. I admitted that they SEEM to have a solid core and good recruits but you have to play the games. Keep thinking that its all going to be okay. It worked for SDSU why wouldn't it work the same for USD?
      I didn't even base my opinion on the loss. I left the game when SDSU was leading SMSU. It was just my opinion from having seen them play and how sloppy and terrible of a game it was. Of course it was a game that didn't count and it was very early in the season, so that was def. a factor. I will see SDSU play a lot more this year and maybe my opinion will change but I doubt it. But like you said, that's why they play the games so neither of us will be able to say with any authority which team is better. It's my opinion that the USD team is more talented and experienced and since it is their first year in the process I think they are farther ahead of State when they were in their first year.

What should I keep thinking is going to be okay? I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. I guess this is the smack forum so I should expect it, but what's with hostility? I don't think I've made any post on this site that has been derogatory towards any poster or any of their opinions. I've stated my opinions on things and that's all they are, opinions. Is there a place here where you can have an honest discussion about a topic?
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        I didn't even base my opinion on the loss. I left the game when SDSU was leading SMSU. It was just my opinion from having seen them play and how sloppy and terrible of a game it was. Of course it was a game that didn't count and it was very early in the season, so that was def. a factor. I will see SDSU play a lot more this year and maybe my opinion will change but I doubt it. But like you said, that's why they play the games so neither of us will be able to say with any authority which team is better. It's my opinion that the USD team is more talented and experienced and since it is their first year in the process I think they are farther ahead of State when they were in their first year.

What should I keep thinking is going to be okay? I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. I guess this is the smack forum so I should expect it, but what's with hostility? I don't think I've made any post on this site that has been derogatory towards any poster or any of their opinions. I've stated my opinions on things and that's all they are, opinions. Is there a place here where you can have an honest discussion about a topic?
        You must be one of CF's prodigies whining about how no honest discussions can occur on this site. I'm guessing your name is Tony.

You were critical of a loss to SWMS and decided to inject your opinion about USD and how they would stack up against us. That an opinion, opinions don't necessarily have anything to do with honesty.

Suggesting that USD fans are over confident without facts to support their boasting is my opinion on the matter. I don't consider that hostile, it all depends on how you interpret it. Perhaps you feel USD is in perfect position to accel at the DI level. I respectfully disagree.

BTW you were critical of goon's grammar on a different thread. You and CF have a lot to learn and if you stick around you will. Take your lumps and you'll come out a lot brighter. Just keep the smack on the smack thread and you'll get to stick around.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          You must be one of CF's prodigies whining about how no honest discussions can occur on this site. I'm guessing your name is Tony.

You were critical of a loss to SWMS and decided to inject your opinion about USD and how they would stack up against us. That an opinion, opinions don't necessarily have anything to do with honesty.

Suggesting that USD fans are over confident without facts to support their boasting is my opinion on the matter. I don't consider that hostile, it all depends on how you interpret it. Perhaps you feel USD is in perfect position to accel at the DI level. I respectfully disagree.

BTW you were critical of goon's grammar on a different thread. You and CF have a lot to learn and if you stick around you will. Take your lumps and you'll come out a lot brighter. Just keep the smack on the smack thread and you'll get to stick around.
          Haha, I just thought what goon said was funny. I knew what he meant but his post was just not a good post. I have respect for a lot of the posters on this site, but there are some that don't make bright comments, or think through what they are typing. A fact that is true for every fan base on every message board.

I also agree that USD isn't in the greatest spot to make the move, but would you agree that it was probably their only option? UND and USD missed the boat when SDSU and NDSU jumped four or five years ago whenever that was. UND is sitting better because they have all of the revune from hockey. Right now USD is in the worst position of all four of the schools.

I do think USD would beat SDSU in basketball but once again, only my opinion. I realize that a lot of what I'm going to say on here will be critized and that's ok.

And yes my name is Tony, the name I registered under on the AGS board.

Comment

I might be mistaken here but I believe UND's Hockey budget is kept seperate from the rest of their athletic budget so I do not think it is helping them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
              I might be mistaken here but I believe UND's Hockey budget is kept seperate from the rest of their athletic budget so I do not think it is helping them at all.
              I tend to think that hockey is not the big money maker that everyone would like you to beleive. Because of Title IX, which UND apparently follows, they had to start a women's hockey program. I heard rumbles about this program costing big money and big bucks. Hammersmith mentioned in another thread that UND has kind of taken an approach that the Ralph Englestad Estate will carry them anywhere they want to go, but the wife Betty might have other thoughts. So UND has its challenges too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I tend to think that hockey is not the big money maker that everyone would like you to beleive. Because of Title IX, which UND apparently follows, they had to start a women's hockey program. I heard rumbles about this program costing big money and big bucks. Hammersmith mentioned in another thread that UND has kind of taken an approach that the Ralph Englestad Estate will carry them anywhere they want to go, but the wife Betty might have other thoughts. So UND has its challenges too.
                Yeah, I heard something like that too. I don't think either school was in a great position to make the move, but I think UND was in a better position. I remember 5 years ago I was making fun of SDSU and how they lost to a division III school and how they were never going to make it at D1 and now they are in a good conference with a very good football team and a great womens basketball team to build on. A lot changes in 5 years, so to judge USD and UND in their first year would be foolish, just like it was foolish of USD fans to do it to SDSU 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  Yeah, I heard something like that too. I don't think either school was in a great position to make the move, but I think UND was in a better position. I remember 5 years ago I was making fun of SDSU and how they lost to a division III school and how they were never going to make it at D1 and now they are in a good conference with a very good football team and a great womens basketball team to build on. A lot changes in 5 years, so to judge USD and UND in their first year would be foolish, just like it was foolish of USD fans to do it to SDSU 5 years ago.
                  Very true. However, the smack thread is great place to stick it to each other when deserved.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I continually hear about how far ahead USD is than SDSU was when they made the move to Dl. Its a weak agruement about readiness when a specific USD team could possibly beat an SDSU team. There is far more to being prepared for such a move. Facilities, title lX compliance, financial support etc. None of which USD has!

Relating to UND. They point to their hockey program as a measuring stick. Other than 4 or 5 states no one else cares about hockey.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Would someone tell those D-II men's basketball teams to stop beating up the Yotes. First Post, then West Texas A&M. Losses like those could ruin USD's invitation to join the Big Ten.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Would someone tell those D-II men's basketball teams to stop beating up the Yotes. First Post, then West Texas A&M. Losses like those could ruin USD's invitation to join the Big Ten.
                        Aw, come on! They beat Dixie State! (In women's BB, that is.)

USD absolutely OWNS southwestern Utah colleges this year! First Southern Utah in football, now Dixie State!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Aw, come on! They beat Dixie State! (In women's BB, that is.)

USD absolutely OWNS southwestern Utah colleges this year! First Southern Utah in football, now Dixie State!
                          I guess I learn something every day...add Dixie St. to the list of colleges I now know the location of because USD is playing them. I would have guessed Dixie St. was somewhere in the southeast...I stand corrected!

Comment

Working...
                          X