Another Long Year For SDSU Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Long Year For SDSU Basketball

I wonder if the female athletes that are not getting their scholarship money so the football team can play BCS teams are satisfied. I know if I had a daughter I would not let her play at a place that disrespects the BOR rules for transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Jacks_Fan View Post
      I wonder if the female athletes that are not getting their scholarship money so the football team can play BCS teams are satisfied. I know if I had a daughter I would not let her play at a place that disrespects the BOR rules for transition.
      What happened? I haven't heard about this.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Apparently, the Board of Regents gave (possibly silent) acquiesence to letting USD ignore compliance with Title IX so they could jump to 63 men's scholarships (football) and not increase women's scholarships proportionately at the same time. No such leeway was allowed SDSU in its move to D-I. In other words USD women's athletic program got sc...well you got it.

Comment

Hmm ... according to the women's track coaches and the women's basketball coaches, scholarships for these sports are increasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
            Hmm ... according to the women's track coaches and the women's basketball coaches, scholarships for these sports are increasing.
            I have heard from a couple that they are increasing but not at a rate that is compliant with Title IX. Sure it gets football up to speed but until they are Title IX compliant my guess is that USD's chance of gaining conference affiliation is just below zero.

That appears to be another one of the choices that the Administration has made at USD that could have some dire consequences down the road.

There isn't a day that goes by where I am not thankful for the Administration that we have/had at SDSU.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

They are increasing but at a much slower rate than for the men. SDSU had to raise their men's and women's scholarships at the same rate. It will take USD's women (about) 3 years to catch up. That was something the BOR said SDSU couldn't do.

SDSU's men's team can't play the young card anymore.

I can't say injuries are why they lost that game, they should have won. When they play the real games, they better be healthier/better than that. SDSU is already missing 2 or 3 starters. That's not good before the season starts. Hopefully they get some players before their next game in 1 1/2 weeks. They played as many walk-ons as starters. That better not be how they play or it will be another long season. SDSU really needs somebody with size to come back. They just got pushed around by a DII team.

This would be the year for USD to play SDSU. After this year, USD will lose the majority of their team. It will be the same way in volleyball. Their women's basketball team lost all their players last year. It's just a good thing they play a lot of NAIA and DII teams this year.

This year is a down year for SDSU's volleyball team. They still are in the middle of the conference standings. We'll see how their soccer team plays next year. Other than men's basketball and maybe soccer, SDSU's teams are doing great in transition. I'll wait to see if USD has anywhere that much success. (Granted men's basketball could be the most important sport).

Comment

Sounds just like a USD fan. Too arrogant to recognize the facts. The BOR made allowances for SDSU as well, we have all recognized that. However, they did not make allowances with Title IX, nor did we ask them to. Shirking Title IX requirments can lead to more trouble than you can imagine. I hope the admin at USD studied that move before making it. It could get ugly if they didn't.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  They are increasing but at a much slower rate than for the men. SDSU had to raise their men's and women's scholarships at the same rate. It will take USD's women (about) 3 years to catch up. That was something the BOR said SDSU couldn't do.

SDSU's men's team can't play the young card anymore.

I can't say injuries are why they lost that game, they should have won. When they play the real games, they better be healthier/better than that. SDSU is already missing 2 or 3 starters. That's not good before the season starts. Hopefully they get some players before their next game in 1 1/2 weeks. They played as many walk-ons as starters. That better not be how they play or it will be another long season. SDSU really needs somebody with size to come back. They just got pushed around by a DII team.

This would be the year for USD to play SDSU. After this year, USD will lose the majority of their team. It will be the same way in volleyball. Their women's basketball team lost all their players last year. It's just a good thing they play a lot of NAIA and DII teams this year.

This year is a down year for SDSU's volleyball team. They still are in the middle of the conference standings. We'll see how their soccer team plays next year. Other than men's basketball and maybe soccer, SDSU's teams are doing great in transition. I'll wait to see if USD has anywhere that much success. (Granted men's basketball could be the most important sport).
                  Most of usd's volleyball team were not able to garner playing time at sdsu. usd would be in the bottom third of the Summit League.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                    Most of usd's volleyball team were not able to garner playing time at sdsu. usd would be in the bottom third of the Summit League.
                    Quoted for Truth.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                      Don't forget they didn't like the rules much either.

** Counting down to angry facebook messages from the 3 girls in 5....4.....3....2....1**

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        Agreed. USD would soundly defeat our Men right now.
                        Easily. As someone who was at the game the other night, and who has followed USD basketball heavily, it would not be close at all.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          Easily. As someone who was at the game the other night, and who has followed USD basketball heavily, it would not be close at all.
                          SHHH!!! We've been trying to keep this on the down-low. Please don't bring up the fact that they also beat us 3 out of the last 5 times we played them including the last 2.

Now, lets also not forget that as much disappointment as we had in the North Central Regional and DII Elite 8 under Coach Nagy, USD and Bootsy choked as bad as any program in the nation. Lasty year some publications had USD as the #1 preseason team in the nation, hardly!!!
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

For anyone saying I can't handle the truth or the smack I am actually an equal opportunity smacker. I smack USD practically as much as I smack SDSU. I do so to the point where several USD posters probably can't stand me anymore. If you want someone that can't take the truth I am not your guy. I have high expectations for USD and don't accept substandard. Most people that don't care about winning as much as I do have a problem with my New York Yankee like fan mentality. It is what it is.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                              For anyone saying I can't handle the truth or the smack I am actually an equal opportunity smacker. I smack USD practically as much as I smack SDSU. I do so to the point where several USD posters probably can't stand me anymore. If you want someone that can't take the truth I am not your guy. I have high expectations for USD and don't accept substandard. Most people that don't care about winning as much as I do have a problem with my New York Yankee like fan mentality. It is what it is.
                              It's true. On the D2 boards he would get smacked heavily by USD fans.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Speaking of underfunded ... did I read in the Argus last week that the Dykhouse facility bids came in over budget and some of the cuts to bring it back into line were paint and carpet? It appears not much was raised after the initial $6 million dollars announced a year ago. Life at DI is hard for everyone.
                                Donors are lined up with money for the additional expenses in rest of the building. The problem is the legislature only authorized 6 million so they SDSU will go back and get additional expenditure authorithy for the rest of the building and possibly more. That way the bids could be accetpted, the project keep moving for a fall 09 completion.

By the way, this is the EXACT way USD handled the construction of their new union when the bids came in to high. They actually accepted the bid, deleting the kitchen equipment and furnishings knowing full well that they would add those items in once they got additional authority from the legislature.

Comment

Working...
                                X