Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Live Blog

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I'm watching that game right now...... There is hardly anybody there, for a rivalry game..... I know they'll report that there is 12 grand there but if there is 5 I would be surprised.....
    They'll report attendance at 10 grand regardless of what the actually numbers through the single gate are. Its a timeless tradition, why change now. Its really not a big deal because everyone knows they do it. When you look at ticket revenues at the end of the year it becomes obvious.

I don't have mediacom but I do have the game on 1450 here in Yankton. Both teams having some success with big plays, 17-14 coys right now.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am watching the game...not sure why, but a couple of smack points

1.)I am sure glad we have "The Pride", the marching band USD has is pathetic
      2.)Hearing USD's AD talk about their new wellness center that is being proposed; sounds a lot like what SDSU did (can't they come up with any of their own ideas?)

Comment

The halftime show on the coyote radio network had a feature on the Sioux Falls sports authority and their signature event "The Summit League Basketball Championships" hosted by South Dakota State University. Only 300 or so reserved tickets remain.

BTW score is tied at 17.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          I am watching the game...not sure why, but a couple of smack points

1.)I am sure glad we have "The Pride", the marching band USD has is pathetic
          2.)Hearing USD's AD talk about their new wellness center that is being proposed; sounds a lot like what SDSU did (can't they come up with any of their own ideas?)
          Rumor is the wellness center that is proposed will be exactly one square foot larger then SDSU's. Superior in every other way also, of course!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The Fighting Sue lead 24-17

Comment

Sioux were up by 14 in the 4th, gave up a score, coys blew the PAT and then sue fumbled the ball up 8 with 4 minutes to play! Both of these teams are marginal at best.

Coys take advantage and get the TD and 2 points to tie it. The hapless sue then miss a FG at the end to win. Its going to OT.

Who can lose this game first?

Comment

UND with the win on a field goal in overtime. USD kicker missed one. I am pretty happy with that outcome. Too bad they both couldn't lose.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Coys miss a 40 yard FG on their first chance. They can't even make a PAT why would you try a 40 yard FG? Not a bright decision and right on par with Coach Ed.

Sue don't suck quite as much and make their FG. Someone had to not lose this game.

Blake Hojer, I feel bad for that guy. Should have walked on at SDSU and earned a scholarship. Just my opinion, he had a great career

Another loss at home to end the year to a Sue team they should have beaten.

Now, how many do they announce? There weren't more than 5K but I'm guessing we'll hear about 8K.

Good start to what should be a great day/night. On to the big game.

Comment

Quote from the typical coy fan with respect to the debacle in the dome:

"Both teams are now competitive in FCS and the State U's are not that far ahead of them. I'm already looking forward to next season. In the mean time go Bison!"

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Oh heck, its still damn funny. I'll be laughing right up until the real game starts tonight.

Comment

USD loses, well there's a lot of sadness! How does it feel to be the worst D-1 football team in the Dakotas? A home loss for 'Yotes? That would make it their only official loss of the year.

Make sure and tune into KSFY at 6 tonight to see how Big Brother does it!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        USD loses, well there's a lot of sadness! How does it feel to be the worst D-1 football team in the Dakotas? A home loss for 'Yotes? That would make it their only official loss of the year.

Make sure and tune into KSFY at 6 tonight to see how Big Brother does it!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        The yotes came back in the 4th quarter, so that would be considered a moral victory........still undefeated at home

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          The yotes came back in the 4th quarter, so that would be considered a moral victory........still undefeated at home
                          I didn't see the quarter breakdown until now. You are correct, what a season for the 'Yotes (thick sarcasm).

Great post jackpower.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Quote from the typical coy fan with respect to the debacle in the dome:

"Both teams are now competitive in FCS and the State U's are not that far ahead of them. I'm already looking forward to next season. In the mean time go Bison!"

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Oh heck, its still damn funny. I'll be laughing right up until the real game starts tonight.
                            I guess it isn't hard to believe that a coyote fan would be so delusional to actually believe that. They beat SUU. That's it. (And its not that impressive!) And they couldn't even beat a UND team that had yet to win an FCS game. Does beating the Yotes even count as an FCS win considering this is their first season and they are a non-counter? I would say no. So, in conclusion, sorry Sue, you didn't get that win yet. And to udot fans, your team is garbage and so is the place you play. Thanks for giving me something to laugh at when I am down.

EDIT: I take back what I said about UND. They barely beat Idaho State of the BS Conference 38-35. Idaho St. is 0-11. What a joke.
                            Last edited by KUlawJack; 11-22-2008, 05:16 PM.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

official attendance on the usd website was 7885. on a brighter note, usd lost to post university in mens basketball. who the heck is post university?

update: post university is a D2 school. usd started the game on a 17-0 run. mn st mankato beat post university by 29 the last night.
                              Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 11-22-2008, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                I guess it isn't hard to believe that a coyote fan would be so delusional to actually believe that. They beat SUU. That's it. (And its not that impressive!) And they couldn't even beat a UND team that had yet to win an FCS game. Does beating the Yotes even count as an FCS win considering this is their first season and they are a non-counter? I would say no. So, in conclusion, sorry Sue, you didn't get that win yet. And to udot fans, your team is garbage and so is the place you play. Thanks for giving me something to laugh at when I am down.

EDIT: I take back what I said about UND. They barely beat Idaho State of the BS Conference 38-35. Idaho St. is 0-11. What a joke.
                                I knew neither of these teams were great but I was very unimpressed by both teams.... Shepard is a decent and UND's running back was alright but other then that there was very little D-I talent on the field....

Comment

Working...
                                X