USD Live Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Live Blog

Mick Garry must be an awful lonely man sitting at the games typing at his computer on the Argus Prarie Puppies blog. "Is there anyone out there, Hello"

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      Mick Garry must be an awful lonely man sitting at the games typing at his computer on the Argus Prarie Puppies blog. "Is there anyone out there, Hello"
      I think Mick saw a pretty good game last night. USD hung with Cornell losing 89-79. Krogman had 20 and Grimsley had 18 and 8. Boots has a good squad this year and they are in position to have a much smoother transition than we had. Now, if anybody can screw it up it the U so we will see (had to get that in there, smack thread).
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I think Mick saw a pretty good game last night. USD hung with Cornell losing 89-79. Krogman had 20 and Grimsley had 18 and 8. Boots has a good squad this year and they are in position to have a much smoother transition than we had. Now, if anybody can screw it up it the U so we will see (had to get that in there, smack thread).
        By the blog comments on his Argus thread he must have been the only one to see a good game.

Comment

Seems Chuck Norris was in house today asking some questions to Mick for the argus live blog. It seemed to go over pretty well even though it was like 2 people asking him questions. Terry had several different people participate. Read it, see what you think about some of the questions and response, i thought it was kind of interesting.

Goon
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Ahh Chuck Norris, met him in San Diego when he was filming 'Top Dog' he and his brother a friendly guys, his brother Aaron more so. (If you ever watch it look for me in the squad room scenes and walking outside when he and Clyde Kusatsu are talking in the Captains office.) Like you all know what I look like geez.

Comment

USD might have a little smoother transition but I don't know about "much smoother". They have Cain and Krogman back next year but they lose most of their other good players.
              Lets' see what else they have-
              1) Ben Kreklow- In 2 games he has played 20 minutes. In that time, he's scored 1 point, 1-4 FT's, 2 Rebounds, 2 fouls, had 2 assists and 4 turnovers.
              2) John Kreklow- He's played 23 minutes. He is 1-6 from the field with 3 points. He also has 5 fouls, 1 assist and 3 turnovers.
              3) Nate David- He's played 1 minute and didn't get in the books during that minute.
              I know there is a juco sitting out and there are other players but these are the people that played the 1st 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                USD might have a little smoother transition but I don't know about "much smoother". They have Cain and Krogman back next year but they lose most of their other good players.
                Lets' see what else they have-
                1) Ben Kreklow- In 2 games he has played 20 minutes. In that time, he's scored 1 point, 1-4 FT's, 2 Rebounds, 2 fouls, had 2 assists and 4 turnovers.
                2) John Kreklow- He's played 23 minutes. He is 1-6 from the field with 3 points. He also has 5 fouls, 1 assist and 3 turnovers.
                3) Nate David- He's played 1 minute and didn't get in the books during that minute.
                I know there is a juco sitting out and there are other players but these are the people that played the 1st 2 games.
                Well understood. Krogman and Cain are very good players and Boots is pretty happy with the the guys he has coming in for 2009. If you aren't willing to admit that its likely Udot will have an easier go of it during transitions from a standpoint of men's BB I probably won't be able to change your mind. Time will tell but the staff at Udot is cautiously optimistic and I think thats appropriate.

Now, this talk that we would get whipped by USD in men's BB right now, I don't agree with that. I think it would be a very competitive game and that alone is disappointing to me. I understand why its that way and its still disappointing but I think its reality.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Switching if I may to girls BB. It should be interesting to follow the two South Dakota (SDSU and that other school) womens basketball programs near the Christmas holidays. I believe on Dec 21, UNI travels to Vermillion to play the Yotees. SDSU then has to travel after Christmas to Cedar Falls to play UNI. I will be curious to see the difference in the scores.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                    Switching if I may to girls BB. It should be interesting to follow the two South Dakota (SDSU and that other school) womens basketball programs near the Christmas holidays. I believe on Dec 21, UNI travels to Vermillion to play the Yotees. SDSU then has to travel after Christmas to Cedar Falls to play UNI. I will be curious to see the difference in the scores.

The USD fans did this last year(comparing UNI scores) and it left them with the conclusion that USD would've handled SDSU by 20 points.

Bottom line, you put the SDSU women up against USD this year and you'd have a game where I'm trying not to droull on myself in the 2nd half. I would hope even the most dellusional USD fan would admit that, even though I'm not holding my breath.

Did anybody else notice their still playing in the Vermillion High School gym?? Wow, what an experience for those ladies. I guess traveling to Northwestern and BV isn't looking so bad now.

Can you even imagine how the sf media would've been all over SDSU if they found out their women's team...a year removed from a D-II National Championship...had to play their first three home games at the Brookings High School gym?? NO EXCUSE would've been good enough.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

USD will also have the services of Roman Gentry a 6'4 wing who transferred from UW Milwaukee. It sounds like Roman will play in January and thus would only have one year left. SDSU had recruited Gentry and his Sioux City East teamate 6'4 Guard Dan Bohall out of High School. Bohall walked on at Iowa and was on the team through his sophmore year and may have departed after Alford left for New Mexico. I thought both of those guys would have done well at State. These guys were both first team allstate guys.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                        The USD fans did this last year(comparing UNI scores) and it left them with the conclusion that USD would've handled SDSU by 20 points.

Bottom line, you put the SDSU women up against USD this year and you'd have a game where I'm trying not to droull on myself in the 2nd half. I would hope even the most dellusional USD fan would admit that, even though I'm not holding my breath.

Did anybody else notice their still playing in the Vermillion High School gym?? Wow, what an experience for those ladies. I guess traveling to Northwestern and BV isn't looking so bad now.

Can you even imagine how the sf media would've been all over SDSU if they found out their women's team...a year removed from a D-II National Championship...had to play their first three home games at the Brookings High School gym?? NO EXCUSE would've been good enough.

Go Jacks!!
                        If you have ever played basketball in the dome you might feel the Vermillion High School Gym is an improvement!

Comment

Well understood. Krogman and Cain are very good players and Boots is pretty happy with the the guys he has coming in for 2009. If you aren't willing to admit that its likely Udot will have an easier go of it during transitions from a standpoint of men's BB I probably won't be able to change your mind. Time will tell but the staff at Udot is cautiously optimistic and I think thats appropriate.

Now, this talk that we would get whipped by USD in men's BB right now, I don't agree with that. I think it would be a very competitive game and that alone is disappointing to me. I understand why its that way and its still disappointing but I think its reality.
                          I shouldn't have put "might" in there. They will have a easier transition. It would be impossible not too. I just don't know how much smoother it will be. I can see them being a below .500 team every season for the next 5 years. Will they lose 20? Probably not! I could be wrong(about a .500 record) because the Great West Conference isn't very strong. They have teams like NJTI in there. They didn't win a single game last year. I was just pointing out that they'll lose 3 of their top 5 players after this year. I don't follow them good enough to know what they have coming in.

Gentry is the juco that I was thinking about. He will be the 3rd solid play they have coming back.

I do think this year that SDSU/USD would have a competitive game. I think next year, SDSU would win by 15-20. They lose a lot and SDSU doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            If you have ever played basketball in the dome you might feel the Vermillion High School Gym is an improvement!
                            I've played a lot of basketball in the dome on the main floor and I'd have to agree!!

Comment

USD should beat the Sioux in Vermillion. UND has lost 3 or 4 in a row, they have a new coach, and USD is a better team. Of course, USD should have won at home last year too, but that didn't happen.

USD has a better all-around team and better talent at QB, RB, and WR. The coys defense has played well as of late. I think the coys win by at least 10.

Comment

USD should beat the Sioux in Vermillion. UND has lost 3 or 4 in a row, they have a new coach, and USD is a better team. Of course, USD should have won at home last year too, but that didn't happen.

USD has a better all-around team and better talent at QB, RB, and WR. The coys defense has played well as of late. I think the coys win by at least 10.
                                I'm watching that game right now...... There is hardly anybody there, for a rivalry game..... I know they'll report that there is 12 grand there but if there is 5 I would be surprised.....

Comment

Working...
                                X