Augie Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Augie Basketball

When comparing the Women's programs the only common opponent was UNI so lets leave it at that. I don't even try to make reasonable arguments anymore because the s**t is piled so high coming from the SDSU campus and it's fans that it's pointless to even get into something reasonable thats conclusion is anything other than SDSU being superior in every way shape or form. There is no point in ever being in a reasonable argument with a sdsu fan. Some of what the fans say is true and some of it is hot air. The problem is no one with a reasonable mind can tell when that fan is right or not right. They think the world revolves around SDSU. Case in point there is probably not one fan on this entire board that probably picked the SDSU mens basketball team to finish 3-15 in the Summit League. That just goes to show how delusional the average fan has been about the team. I would venture to guess that at least half of the predictions had SDSU at .500 or greater. How many years in a row have the Jacks fans been saying that next year will be the year. Well your arguments have/had no reasonable basis to believe that the mens team would be good this year and sure enough it was true again. You won't hear anything coming from me thinking this D1 transition is going to be a magical capet ride and that same opinion is shared by most USD supporters. What it also isn't going to be is a total disaster like many SDSU fans think. USD isn't going to go 0 for 2008-09 against D1 competition as much as many of you would like to think. Somewhere along the line USD is going to have success and that is going to be taken with great offense to many SDSU fans and readers of this board.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      When comparing the Women's programs...
      OK, let's start there. If your women's team was so good, then why is your coach quitting. I mean really, he knows what it is like in D-1. He has been there, done that. He knows his team is not a D-1 team. If his team was so good, then why not stay and coast into D-1. I will give your coach credit, at least he lives in the real world, unlike Coyote_Fan.

USD isn't going to go 0 for 2008-09 against D1 competition as much as many of you would like to think.
      I would not be too sure about that. Have you looked at your football schedule. You hardly have any D-1 teams on your schedule. I doubt that many D-1 teams show up on your other schedules either. It is tough to beat D-1 teams if you don't play them. SDSU beat Kentucky, Oklahoma St., Alabama, Notre Dame and Boston College during their exploritory year. USD will be lucky to play 5 BCS schools, let alone win them.

Somewhere along the line USD is going to have success and that is going to be taken with great offense to many SDSU fans and readers of this board.
      When pigs fly.

Go State!!!
      Go Jacks!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

What I'll never understand is why USD fans get so riled up over here. I'm not trying to shy away USD posters, but I've never been to a USD website or fan forum, and don't plan to. I personally could think of about 5,432 better things to do with my time than defend my thoughts on some other school's forum.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          Well you can really tell that we have arrived within this region as the women's basketball program. Everyone wants what we have. When other programs are trying to compare themselves to the SDSU Jacks, it is an indication of envy. Heck even Wisconsin-Green Bay tried to take our coaching staff. They want what we have. NDSU and the rest of the Summit League teams either publicly or privately wish they had a program like SDSU's women's basketball right now. They wish they had our attendance. They wish they had our home winning streak. They wish they had not given up a second half lead in 54 games. They all wish they had a Frost arena on campus.

Heck the Oral Roberts coach said in his presser that we had 4,000 fans at the game last night. We had just over 2,000 fans, but it probably sounded like 4,000 fans. Because the fans are right on top of you it sounds like more fans are actually there. When we sold out for the WNIT is sounded like a rock concert. In most Summit League and Independent games you can hear crickets chirping, attendance is so poor.

The lower division teams, USD and UND make vain attempts to compare themselves to SDSU's WBB program. SDSU's has not and will not aspire to be like the UxD's. SDSU aspires to be in the Top 25 in the country. To make the NCAA tourney. To advance beyond the first round of the NCAA tourney. To host WNIT games and to win the WNIT. The UxD's are behind and they just wish they could sniff our recent success. They want it so bad that they decided to transition into Division 1 in sports, even though they don't have a conference secured at the time.

The next time a USD alumn talks smack and says that they are better or equal to SDSU in something just reply back this way. USD has nothing that I would want.

Football - SDSU (Conf. Champs) or USD - No brainer, SDSU
          Football Conference - Gateway vs. GWFC - Gateway by a mile.
          All Sports Conference - Summit vs. Independence - Summit no question.
          WBB - SDSU (Conf. Champs) vs. USD - SDSU, heck USD's coach is quitting.
          MBB - SDSU vs. USD - SDSU, I mean USD has folded in every big game this year. They only beat former NAIA teams or lower NCC teams. Do they have a quality win on the road or at home? We at least beat a Missouri Valley team at home.
          Coughlin vs. Dakota Dump - Coughlin, football was meant to be played outside.
          Frost vs. Dakota Dump - Frost, hands down.

You could go on, but really I can't think of one athletic program or athletic facility at USD that I would pick over SDSU. That is no smack, that is the truth.

Go State!!!
          Go Jacks!!!

Great post. Perfectly summarizes the U and their envy.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            What I'll never understand is why USD fans get so riled up over here. I'm not trying to shy away USD posters, but I've never been to a USD website or fan forum, and don't plan to. I personally could think of about 5,432 better things to do with my time than defend my thoughts on some other school's forum.
            Excellent point, pretty well sums things up, even for an individual of marginal intelligence.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

When comparing the Women's programs the only common opponent was UNI so lets leave it at that. I don't even try to make reasonable arguments anymore because the s**t is piled so high coming from the SDSU campus and it's fans that it's pointless to even get into something reasonable thats conclusion is anything other than SDSU being superior in every way shape or form. There is no point in ever being in a reasonable argument with a sdsu fan. Some of what the fans say is true and some of it is hot air. The problem is no one with a reasonable mind can tell when that fan is right or not right. They think the world revolves around SDSU. Case in point there is probably not one fan on this entire board that probably picked the SDSU mens basketball team to finish 3-15 in the Summit League. That just goes to show how delusional the average fan has been about the team. I would venture to guess that at least half of the predictions had SDSU at .500 or greater. How many years in a row have the Jacks fans been saying that next year will be the year. Well your arguments have/had no reasonable basis to believe that the mens team would be good this year and sure enough it was true again. You won't hear anything coming from me thinking this D1 transition is going to be a magical capet ride and that same opinion is shared by most USD supporters. What it also isn't going to be is a total disaster like many SDSU fans think. USD isn't going to go 0 for 2008-09 against D1 competition as much as many of you would like to think. Somewhere along the line USD is going to have success and that is going to be taken with great offense to many SDSU fans and readers of this board.
              As others have stated, this basically begs the question, Why are you here?
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I love how the USD posters come here and bitch about not getting any "rational" arguement from SDSU fans when they won't come to one themselves.

I guess this is how my little brother felt all those years when he was trying to hang with me and get my attention.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

They think the world revolves around SDSU.
                  Why else would it be called SDSUFans.com. It is for people that live and love South Dakota State University.

Case in point there is probably not one fan on this entire board that probably picked the SDSU mens basketball team to finish 3-15 in the Summit League.
                  I didn't think they would be very good. However, I am not a basketball fan either. I haven't been to a game since we lost to Metro State all those years ago when Schantz should've made the bucket at the buzzer.

USD isn't going to go 0 for 2008-09 against D1 competition as much as many of you would like to think.
                  I hope you have success for South Dakota the State, just not as much as South Dakota State University in the number of activities we have (meat judging, volleyball, football, track, whatever else you can think of besides men's basketball).

Good luck usdii.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                    I love how the USD posters come here and bitch about not getting any "rational" arguement from SDSU fans when they won't come to one themselves.

I guess this is how my little brother felt all those years when he was trying to hang with me and get my attention.
                    That would be "USD poster." Singular.

Coyote_Fan has his own issues with tunnel vision and seeing the world through a vermillion-and-white lens. (Hence his screen name.) That he pretends to be objective is as unrealistic as is his insistence that SDSU fans on an SDSU board be objective. Objectivity is pretty much impossible one way or another if you've got ties to either institution. Everybody just needs to get used to it.

It is very obvious to me that C_F is as passionate about USD as we are about SDSU. I give him full credit for that, and for wanting to defend his institution. For the most part, he comports himself rather well (if a bit frustratingly from the SDSU point of view) as a guest here in our little online house--unlike a certain other USD fan who crossed the line of civility and is no longer welcome here.

Personally, in my more rational moments, I'd like to see the "hatin'" dialed back a bit. We don't really need to be the Sioux and the Bison, do we?

Now, in an undoubtedly futile attempt to take the thread back to it's purported topic:

Augie's having a pretty good year in men's hoops, aren't they?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

there is probably not one fan on this entire board that probably picked the SDSU mens basketball team to finish 3-15 in the Summit League.
                      Think any fans on the Coyote board picked USD as the 3rd best D-II team in South Dakota?

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                        Think any fans on the Coyote board picked USD as the 3rd best D-II team in South Dakota?

Go State!
                        And for that cogent comment...amen...and rep points 89!!!!

Comment

Here's my take on the whole SDSU/USD women's team...

I followed SDSU WBB closer than the men's team when I was in college. My last year at SDSU was 2003 when we won the NC and finished 32-3. After that I moved away from Brookings (to Vermillion and then to the Black Hills) and was not able to follow the girls as close as I had been (other than on the radio). I made it back to the NDSU game this year. My wife is also a huge WBB fan who lived with a few of the girls from the 2002 Elite 8 team and 2003 NC team. She played against many of those team members in HS and played on a summer ball team with them in HS. She also knows her bball. She was back for the NDSU game as well.

As good as that 2003 team was, she and I both believe this years squad is head and shoulders better. They have more talent, more depth, more height, more shooters, more defenders. The big girls are better, the gaurds are better and the forwards are better. On top of all that, the bench is deeper.

This years USD squad has only lost 1 game. That's an unbelievable feat. They may even win a NC this year (but I wouldn't bet on it). But I just don't believe they are as good a team or as talented of a team as SDSU. Not unless the top teams in D2 got a whole lot better in the last 5 years.

My point is, a team has to get better when they move up. SDSU is way better than we were 5 years ago. USD isn't there yet and I wouldn't count on them getting there. They start 4 seniors and a junior. Next year could be tough.

Comment

Don't forget that they lose all-world Coach Chadwick! How can they possibly overcome that loss. His magnetic personality and........ Oh, I just can't!

Little known fact that Chadwick is the only coach to win NCC Coach of the Week and NCC Geek of the Week in the same week. The amzing thing is that he has accomplished this feat a dozen times!

That's funny, I don't care where your from! Couldn't resist the shot at ol' Chadwick!

How about those Augie Doggies!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              That would be "USD poster." Singular.
                              I know its hard not to but don't forget our pre-pubescent friend SD4never
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                                I know its hard not to but don't forget our pre-pubescent friend SD4never
                                He was banned a few weeks ago for being a mouthy little boy

Comment

Working...
                                X