This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sucks to Be U

Not to get off track here but a SDSU Law College would be a great idea, but probably is long off into the future.

If you get picked up for DUI, like I have twice, You don't curse lawyers when you are sitting the Drunk tank. (Not recently though) but the memory of facing consequences will dwell in my mind for ever.

If everyone knew every detail of the law, we would all be lawyers, but often we don't and need to rely on people who have trained themselves in this field. Its amazing how many great Jack fans are attorney's and even though they were trained in law at USD, they throw their fan and financial support to SDSU where they received their undergrad degree. It kind of demonstrates that it "Sucks to be U." LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Its amazing how many great Jack fans are attorney's and even though they were trained in law at USD, they throw their fan and financial support to SDSU where they received their undergrad degree. It kind of demonstrates that it "Sucks to be U." LOL.
      In fact, some of us simply couldn't bear the thought of having a JD from the school down south and headed elsewhere. I'm sure MJA would agree.

Comment

There is a saying that goes something like this; People love to hate lawyers until they need one. I'm fine with that. I don't even live in SD and I get a call a week from friends who need to run something by me or help with something. I'm glad I can help them.

All smack aside, USD law and med schools represent the state well. There are many very successful alumni of both institutions and a great deal of those alumni were originally SDSU alumni. I would guess the law students may have told the USD students that the t-shirt regarding Dr. Oien was not only tasteless and classless, but borderline illegal (at least in the civil sense). Also, juice's recanting of the event is the typical understanding of what happened, but not entirely true. Such is life when rumors and speculation mesh with actual facts.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I think we should close down this thread due to severe drift!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I think we should close down this thread due to severe drift!
            Yeah, just like a lawyer, try to change the subject!

Oh, er, um, right . . . .

USD inhales audibly when, um, eating spaghetti, yeah, so there!!!

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
            X