Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: d1aa fb - more big sky expansion news

Originally posted by bigjake
    I just can't get over 1000 miles.  I think most reasonable people would see that as a huge negative but if you can overcome that then you have quite a salesman up there representing you.  .  .  .  Makes as much sense as Nebraska joining the Big East to get exposure in the NE corridor.
    Hey I can understand given your frame of reference why the geography thing has you troubled.  The NCC is a bus leauge (not a knock, just the truth) and it may be hard to imagine teams getting on Airplanes to go play games.  However it happens every day.  

In your example you said it would be like Nebraska joining the Big East.  Kind of silly, but lets run with it.  I am going to change it slightly.  Lets look at some West of the Mississippi teams and Conferences.  Lets start with your Cornhuskers.

Lincoln to Austin (Nebraska vs Texas) Big XII - 823.27 miles

Laramie to San Diego (Wyoming vs San Diego State) Mountain West - 1115.92 miles

Phoenix to Seattle (Arizona St. vs Washington) PAC 10 -1507.26 miles

Ruston to Fresno (LA Tech vs Fresno St.) WAC - 1812.97
    That dosen't take into account the granddaddy of all road trip a WAC team, any WAC team, to the University of Hawaii.  

So as you can see D-I conferences out west take some long trips in terms of miles.  However, they do these trips on airplane rather then on a bus. In terms of actual travel time I would point out that SDSU could fly to the West Coast in less time then it would take a bus to travel from Omaha to Grand Forks.  I hope you found this post helpful and that it has opened your mind to new possibilites.  Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Go State!  

all mileage calculations done with Map Quest.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      It is remarkable how easily envy can lead to despisement.  SDSU should not be solely blamed for the ever more present feelings of inadequacy and unimportance manifest by remaining NCC schools and their supporters.  Understand that most of us wish the NCC schools and DII schools in the region the best of luck in the coming years.  What do we have to gain by the struggles of those we have left behind?  Absolutely nothing.

To that end, I cannot find the logic behind the disdain expressed by some supporters of current NCC schools with regards to the ascension of SDSU/NDSU to the DI level.  

However, allow me to pontificate (I love being pompous in these situations).  I suspect the problem (and the solution) lies deep within the psyche of individuals like "bigjake".  Recognizing the insignificance of their own existance has created petty, self-loathing individuals who project their frustrations and insecurities in the form of detrimental rhetoric and behavior towards those in advance of themselves.  Even more evident, they express a desire to see those more succesful than them fail.  After all, they have not found success, why should anyone else even desire of it?

Make no mistake, bigjake and those like him, want nothing more than to see us fall flat on our faces.  In fact, they so badly desires this that they will create scenarios in which any event or accomplishment can be relfected in a negative manner (sounds similar to the way a fanatic might find the positive light).  What kind of person would you rather be defined as or associate with?

In conclusion, no degree of logical or rational discourse with individuals like "bigjake" will resolve this flaw in their personality.  The problem developed long ago.  The process of healing must start from within.  My recommendation, spend your valuable time at more productive tasks and when "bigjake" (and those like him) get better we will welcome them back from their obscurity.  Its not possible to illuminate those who prefer to be blind.  

Each and every day is another great day to be a proud alumnus and supporter of our state's falgship university, South Dakota State.  Home of Division I Jackrabbit athletics.  GO JACKS!!!
      Well said! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
        By the way the one person on this board who I still haven't read one interesting thing from in the time I have been here has been Jack Be Stupid Jack Be Duped guy.  NOt one interesting observation - EVER.  Come on JBSJBD - Bring it on!!!
        Hey FAT JAKE!

My job is to keep losers like you in line while visiting our board! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I see they named a street after you down in Omaha recently:

http://www.weaselcircus.com/funnypics/244.shtml

By the way, what is a Pico Rivera? And why do they have your weight on the sign? Is that listed in pounds or kilograms? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
        X