COMMENTS FROM DII/DIII/NAIA FANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: COMMENTS FROM DII/DIII/NAIA FANS

All articles as they apply to SDSU, DIAA football, or NCAA Divison I sports arrive via my e-mail once a day. I then sort through the ones I find pertinent. Just so happened this popped up. I must agree, no real in depth research or writing going on here.

I am not a UNO or NCC hater. In fact, I think the NCC plays a vital role in S.D. but I don't regret the fact that we are moving up. I just feel that SDSU as an institution and S.D. as a state stands to benefit from the presence of a DI university. Even if this means early struggles and eventual athletic mediocrity. Schools like UND and USD with law and medical schools will always find research dollars. SDSU really has struggles with this. The move up should increase our exposure and improve this ability. At least I hope so, right now S.D. ranks last in the U.S. in research dollars secured.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hey, fellas - I got my umkc bb schedule the other day and I see where sdsu is playing umkc.  UMKC (which is a bottom feeder from the mid cont conference for all you jack fans who haven't heard of that conf) thought so little of you and your supposed "jackrabbit nation" that follows your team they scheduled the game for Hale Arena.   That is a very small place next to kemper that they hold rotary meetings, pig wrestling contests, and a lot of other farm related stuff from the American Royal.  Come to think of it that is a perfect venue for your fledgling farm university.  Heck, UMKC ought to play Rockhurst - they would draw a heck of a lot more for them than they will for you.    Go Roos!!   Your friend, Big Jake
      PS -  Nice pictures Jack Be Stupid Jack Be Duped.  Too bad you can't follow those up with even a semi-coherent thought.  NIce pictures - my 7 and 4 year old kids appreciate them though.

Comment

As you describe Hale Arena, it sounds like it may only be a notch or two above the Sapp Dump errr Fieldhouse.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

By the way I hope that Johson County Hot SHot 89 Rabbit will be able to make the game. I wonder if he can take 2 hours out of his busy day posting rabbit msgs on every board in america. Also, don't know if he will go anywhere near jackson county where hale is. There are some undesireables down that way that the johnson county elites don't run with. Also, that place is close to- god forbid- wyandotte county which is even more dangerous. Johnson County people don't go down there. 89 - maybe you can talk to big fred about getting the game moved out to blue valley. A small high school gym will be just perfect for the dozens and dozens of people that will attend that game. Go Roos!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
            As you describe Hale Arena, it sounds like it may only be a notch or two above the Sapp Dump errr Fieldhouse.
            Hale is Bigger, it seats 5,000 for basketball.

Comment

bigjake I really need to know the answer to this question: Are you really as stupid as it seems or are you faking it? It's hard to believe someone can be as consistantly stupid for so long without a lapse. Do you credit proper training?

Comment

Come on Jack, he's a UNO fan popping off about 1) basketball facilities, and 2) basketball fan support/attendance.  There's your answer.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.

Comment

Fellas,
                  We know our place (d2). You are going to have to learn a painful lesson as to where your place is. Have a good day. Your Friend, Big Jake

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                    Fellas,
                    We know our place (d2).   Your Friend, Big Jake
                    As do we D-I.  See you at Hale Arena.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                      Fellas,
                      We know our place ........

GOOD! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

NCC preseason poll came out and I noticed that it had been over forty years (1963) since you won an NCC football title. Whats up with that? What makes you think you can win in that fledgling football conference you're in now? Before you start blasting UNO's facilities take a hard look at that thing you call a football stadium.
                        At least we have brand new field turf. Augie 37 SDSU 34.

Mavericks #1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                          NCC preseason poll came out and I noticed that it had been over forty years (1963) since you won an NCC football title. Whats up with that? What makes you think you can win in that fledgling football conference you're in now? Before you start blasting UNO's facilities take a hard look at that thing you call a football stadium.
                          At least we have brand new field turf. Augie 37 SDSU 34.

Mavericks #1
                          What has the 1963 NCC champion ship got to do with this year's NCC poll. We dont give a rats ass about the NCC poll since it no longer includes SDSU. And yes I guess we will never win another NCC championship in football. So what gives is that we have moved on to D1AA. Sorry ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

How come Big Jake and Maverick No 1 are both on line and off line at the same time per the membership list on this site? Could they be the same person? I kind of think so.

Comment

I would wager that when I go to Hale Gym for the umkc-sdsu game that there will not be more than 250 people from so called "jackrabbit nation".  Really should be called at best a tiny village but whatever.  I will count those ugly blue sweatshirts with the bugs bunny on them during timeouts.  Unlike many sdsu grads I can count well into the 3 digits if that becomes necessary.
                            Also, I wish you sdsu fans would respect our thread here and stay off the d2,naia thread.   Mav 1 and I enjoy our conversations and really don't need to be distracted especially by jack by stupid jack be duped.
                            Good point  maverick 1 on the last sdsu championship - That was a very bad year with sdsu winning a title and our beloved president getting assassinated.   By the way for some of you academic slackers up there who either can't afford a tv or who don't know how to read a paper- JFK was murdered that year.  Very sad day in our history

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                              ... Before you start blasting UNO's facilities take a hard look at that thing you call a football stadium.
                              At least we have brand new field turf.

Mavericks #1
                              You're the geniuses who brought up facilities. You throw up a softball like that, we're not going to watch it go by. I'd rather see a game on the natural stuff any day.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                                How come Big Jake and Maverick No 1 are both on line and off line at the same time per the membership list on this site?  Could they be the same person? I kind of think so.
                                They are one and the same! He talks with his alter ego because nobody else cares what he says. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey BIG JAKE, nice article in the Argus Leader about you!
                                Glad to see you are at least trying to do something about your problems. I see you had to come to South Dakota to get the help you needed!

http://www.argusleader.com/news/Saturdayarticle1.shtml

Good luck! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X