USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD

Here's what's sad and funny about this thread.  Whoever sports_buff is, be it college student or adult, is probably sitting back with his friends/co-worker USD chums showing them five pages of smack being directed at him.  Why waste any more time on entertaining this guy.  Heck, for all we know this could be a social experiment by a professor at SDSU trying to show that one person can insite (sp) a crowd. You've even resorted to wasting time googling the Volante's editor.

Can you guys go back to posting about things pertinant to our beloved Jacks and their current activities.

And now I'm responsible for starting page 8 of this stupid thread.

Comment

The player you are thinking of GoJacksGo is Jeff Boshee, and I realize why KU played at UND. I was just making a point that DI teams do sometimes play at DII teams, and I used KU and our women playing at NSU as examples. I realize it's not common. I also understand JackMD's point that we have bigger things to look foward to. But I am a little confused on what those bigger and more exciting things are this year. Just about any game I would have any excitement over is being played far away. We don't have a game on our schedule that would excite me as much as USD, and we certainly don't have any home games on our schedule that would excite me as much as that game would. Maybe some day we will have bigger things to look foward to, but I don't think thats the case this year. Right now it looks like our bigger and more exciting things are a bunch of NAIA schools. I know we are playing many DI schools, but they are all on the road. Like I said, maybe once some of the big time teams start coming to Frost then there will be games I'll be more excited for than I ever was for the USD game, but until that time comes I don't know why we can't play sign a home and home with them. Oh well, all good things must come to an end I guess. Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by SDsportsFan
        The player you are thinking of GoJacksGo is Jeff Boshee, and I realize why KU played at UND.  I was just making a point that DI teams do sometimes play at DII teams, and I used KU and our women playing at NSU as examples.  I realize it's not common.  I also understand JackMD's point that we have bigger things to look foward to.  But I am a little confused on what those bigger and more exciting things are this year. Just about any game I would have any excitement over is being played far away. We don't have a game on our schedule that would excite me as much as USD, and we certainly don't have any home games on our schedule that would excite me as much as that game would.  Maybe some day we will have bigger things to look foward to, but I don't think thats the case this year. Right now it looks like our bigger and more exciting things are a bunch of NAIA schools.  I know we are playing many DI schools, but they are all on the road. Like I said, maybe once some of the big time teams start coming to Frost then there will be games I'll be more excited for than I ever was for the USD game, but until that time comes I don't know why we can't play sign a home and home with them.  Oh well, all good things must come to an end I guess.  Go Jacks.
        Very logical thoughts. I believe I once heard an offer was extended by SDSU to play a game this year in Sioux Falls. Anyone know if this is true? Simply know way we could play in Vermillion this year or next. Only way we play there is if USD moves up to DI and that is not happening.

ActionJack, good advice.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm with ActionJack and Alumguy. I'm done with the ole sports_buff. Thanks for rustling our collective feathers, but ***Simile Alert***much like the horse drawn buggy, your usefulness has run it's course.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by SDsportsFan
             I also understand JackMD's point that we have bigger things to look foward to.  But I am a little confused on what those bigger and more exciting things are this year. Just about any game I would have any excitement over is being played far away. We don't have a game on our schedule that would excite me as much as USD, and we certainly don't have any home games on our schedule that would excite me as much as that game would.  Maybe some day we will have bigger things to look foward to, but I don't think thats the case this year.
            SDsportsFan,

I can understand your feelings.  To answer your question our bigger and better things happen next year.  

Next year's ('05-'06) D-I home schedule looks like this so far:

UMKC
            Tennesee St.
            Denver
            Butler
            Manhattan
            Southeast Missouri St.
            Wisconsin-Milwaukee

D-I away games already set:

Nebraska
            Montana St.
            San Diego St.
            Central Florida
            Marquette

At least for me I am much more excited about Butler, Manhattan, and Wisconsin-Milwaukee then any USD game.  How about taking a drive to see your Jackrabbits take on the Huskers in Lincoln.    Good stuff in my book.  

You are right, this years home schedule isn't the best, but that is just part of moving up and will only last one season.  We are paying our dues.  I will be at Frost all I can this year to support the Jacks and will be looking forward to bigger and better things starting next year (I am looking forward to the NDSU game).  

Go State!  ;D

P.S. I believe the Women are fulfilling the back half of a home and home series with NSU.  

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
              I'm with ActionJack and Alumguy.  I'm done with the ole sports_buff.  Thanks for rustling our collective feathers, but ***Simile Alert***much like the horse drawn buggy, your usefulness has run it's course.
              OK, I'll stop smacking sports_duff. But I was sort of hoping he'd become part of our growing collection of smackees. We can always use an extra punching bag to go with BigJake and Mavericks#1.

I will say this, however: This is what smack boards are. Dumb people come in and the "locals" smack them around. I find it entertaining, and given that there are 110 replies and 1800 views, so do some other people. If you visit Bisonville, the Georgia Southern board (eagle's nest?) and others, you'll see that this is what smack boards are here for. I don't find it sad at all and I couldn't care less who sports_duff is, or what his dopey friends think of our five pages of smack on him.

There are thousands of threads in the other areas on this site where we do talk seriously about our beloved Jacks.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I want sports_duff to stick around. We need both ends of the Bell Curve represented on this site. Right now were shifted a bit to the right (not a political reference).
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Please add with the ugliest team logo.

You can say that again!

I still think usd's new logo looks like a dog straining to take a dump!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Good to see you back JBNJBQ 8)

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU/BHS-FAN
                      Good to see you back JBNJBQ 8)

Yeah!  I had to take some time off.  I had a colonoscopy last week.  They found two suspicious looking lumps in my colon.  No problem though, it was just Big Jake and Mavericks.  I had them removed surgically.  (They are always hanging around where they are not wanted).  

You can't blame them though, it was a big upgrade from Omaha! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Very logical thoughts.  I believe I once heard an offer was extended by SDSU to play a game this year in Sioux Falls.  Anyone know if this is true?  Simply know way we could play in Vermillion this year or next.  Only way we play there is if USD moves up to DI and that is not happening.

ActionJack, good advice.

Comment

I like your idea of USD/SDSU playing at a neutral site, but I don't think it will happen for a while. I think we may see SDSU play some games in Sioux Falls in the future, maybe of the exhibition variety.

Comment

JBNBQ-that has to be the funniest post to date on this board. I laughed for 10 minutes.

Comment

The State/U game was more than an idea. Their was an offer on the table for a two game contract that included a game in Brookings and one in Sioux Falls. USD turned down the offer and thus we have no game now or in the immediate future. I don't blame the Jacks for not entertaining a game in Vermillion with the number of away games we have to play in Football and Basketball. I thought Sioux Falls was a good compromise! USD's is in no position to negotiate or dictate an agreement!

Comment

Neither is SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X