Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD

Originally posted by sports_buff
    For those of you that don't know the GPAC is the confence that Mt. Marty, USF, Morningside, ect. play in.
    The GPAC is also the likely home of USD after UND moves up and the NCC dissolves.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

The GPAC is also the likely home of USD after UND moves up and the NCC dissolves.

Go State!  ;D
      It will still be tougher than the confences that some of your D-I opponents play in. ;D Speaking of conferences, has State found one yet?

Comment

Ever wonder why USD doesn't have it's own fan board?

Go State! ;D

Comment

Or baseball? ;D

Go State! 8)

Comment

But they're one of the most connected universities in the country!!

Guess all the cable and phone companies rest easier knowing there's a labor pool of potential cable layers and line stringers in vermillion.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
              Ever wonder why USD doesn't have it's own fan board?

Go State!  ;D
              No, I don't wonder that, I know why. USD fans have jobs and lives. I may be able to keep up on this board for a couple of days, but there is no way I could devote the time to it that you guys do. I see that you have made over 2000 posts, thats amazing. JackJD says he's a lawyer, but he must not have any clients, JackMD says he's a Dr. but he must not have any patients. The Dr's and lawyers and other people graduating from USD have jobs that they take seriously and then they are with their families when they come home while you are on the chat room all day and night. I gotta get to work, have a nice day.

Comment

No, I don't wonder that, I know why. USD fans have jobs and lives. I may be able to keep up on this board for a couple of days, but there is no way I could devote the time to it that you guys do. I see that you have made over 2000 posts, thats amazing. JackJD says he's a lawyer, but he must not have any clients, JackMD says he's a Dr. but he must not have any patients. The Dr's and lawyers and other people graduating from USD have jobs that they take seriously and then they are with their families when they come home while you are on the chat room all day and night. I gotta get to work, have a nice day.

The real reason is that few people care about USD athletics. USD's attendance is mediocre at best. The only game with decent attendance was the SDSU game and 1/3 of the crowd was always SDSU fans. Without the SDSU on schedule, USD will draw even smaller crowds each year. Most diehards at USD would have liked to follow SDSU now all they get to watch is the NCC become weaker conference as each year goes by.

Comment

obviously you have a life sportsbuff, or a job. You were on here late lastnight and the first one again this morning. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I just had a chance to read the post about how sports_buff said he was using the computer example to show how ahead of the times USD is. That's a laughable excuse. Your attempt to explain your idiocy is no more than a veiled attempt to say "I meant to do that" when someone busts you for looking like a moron.

By the way, this Hick was offered a full ride to USD lawschool and passed it up. Just thought you'd like to know how badly USD wanted a certain SDSU hick to join the USD lawschool ranks. Nothing negative towards USD's graduate programs. Many of my friends have graduated from USD's lawschool and med school, including two of my best friends graduating from med school. However, those friends were all SDSU undergrads. Funny how USD graduate schools are constantly looking to SDSU for the area's best and brightest. Unfortunately, you have already proven the sports_buff will never be considered as one of the "best and brightest". I may be a hick, but at least I'm not an idiot.

Now, why don't you go finish your homework so you don't get grounded for having a bad report card.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

No, I don't wonder that, I know why.  USD fans have jobs and lives.  I may be able to keep up on this board for a couple of days, but there is no way I could devote the time to it that you guys do.  I see that you have made over 2000 posts, thats amazing.
                      My question about USD not having a fan board was rhetorical in nature.  I know that english isn't one of your strongest subjects so I will help.

rhetorical question
                      n.
                      A question to which no answer is expected, often used for rhetorical effect.

Since you chose to give a chippy answer let me leave you with this.  The SDSU board is going on 2 years old and I am posting on MY school's fan board.  You on the other hand,  have posted 19 times on another schools fan board in less then 24hrs.  At that rate you would have more then 10,000 posts on our fan board in the same amount of time.  Just in case you aren't good at math either.  Something for you to think about.  :

Go State, South Dakota's only D-I University!  ;D

Comment

Sports_buff,

I appreciate your concern for SDSU.  I'll leave you with a quote provided to me by one of my mentors.  First, allow me to provide some context.  Success has alway come rather easy for me.  When I was a younger man I was uncomfortable with some of the emotions that success elicited from my peers.  Why do I bring this up?  I detect some of the same feelings expressed in your concern for SDSU and some of the members of this community.  

This little bit of wisdom from one of the earliest, historical Greek philosophers, helps me better cope with the emotions and concerns I experience when faced with envious people like you.

How much better a thing it is to be envied than to be pitied.
                        Herodotus BC 484-425, Greek Historian

You think about this a little bit and decide if you want to continue to be a person deserving of pity.  If you were not aware of this already, I apologize for being so frank.  

Lastly, I for one, don't mind your envy towards SDSU and those who support it.  In fact, I welcome it.  After all, envy is a just another form of praise.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have recently had the opportunity to visit both campuses and the difference is quite remarkable. There is such a positive attitude at SDSU among the students, staff and faculty. The attitude at SDSU seems to be that "its a great place to learn, I'm learning alot, and I love being here." At USD the students I spoke with seemed to have the attitude of "I may be getting a good education, but I can't wait to leave."

I am a SDSU alum first and a USD alum second, but I think all SDns should be concerned that an institution we have invested so much in appears to have some very troubling underpinnings. I hope USD can decide what it wants to be, and then stick with the goal until it succeeds. About 4-5 years ago, they were in the process of trying to do what ever they could so total attendance would rise. Now they are going to focus on high achievers/scorers. The plans to get as many students in could not have been in place for one cycle of high school students and they abandon it.

The above is mine from another thread that I copied here. I know several individuals with degrees from both instititutions. While I think it is safe to say that we all want both schools to succeed, I think it would also be safe to say we don't see how USD is making progress towards its goals. I guess "Hate State" is enough of a mission for some.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                            I have recently had the opportunity to visit both campuses and the difference is quite remarkable. There is such a positive attitude at SDSU among the students, staff and faculty. The attitude at SDSU seems to be that "its a great place to learn, I'm learning alot, and I love being here." At USD the students I spoke with seemed to have the attitude of "I may be getting a good education, but I can't wait to leave."
                            Pretty accurate summary regarding my time at both institutions. I can't think of one student who has attended SDSU and then USD that feels any different. Of course, I'm biased and prefer to surround myself with intelligent people. What intelligent person would favor Vermillion over Brookings having experienced both?
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I truly think it's the communities that each of these institutions are in that makes them so different. The city of Brookings embraces SDSU and is proud to be home of such a fine institution. The city of Vermillion is the opposite and constantly seems to be at odds with the students.

Comment

Maybe I am being a little too paranoid but it does seem  coincidental that we haven't heard anything in the last couple of weeks from maverick1 and big jake and then all of a sudden this sportsbuff guy pops up with tons of posts in a short period of time.  One has to wonder if this guy is not actually a usd fan but rather one of those maverick jerks who has now disguised himself as a coyote fan.  Maybe they are all one person?
                                He does have one thing in common with the 2 maverick fans - he seems to consistently be wrong!!  Go Jacks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X