Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Article about andy moeller from omaha world he

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

This just shows how little Big Jake knows about Scott Nagy. Coach Nagy did his grad work at U OF Illinois and was a grad assistant under Lou Hensen long time Illinois coach and Big 10 legend. Plus on the staff was Scott's father Dick Nagy. The head assistant at Illionis at that time was Jimmie Collins, now head coach at U of ILLinios Chicago, which the Jacks played this year. So not for a second would Coach under-estimate D1 opponents, he knows as much if not more than UNO's McKinna.

In fact Scott has contacts with a number of D1 coaches so there is no way he could have done anything to correct this situation. Moeller leaves and there was no big discussion when he was released from his letter of intent from what I have heard. Matt Jones decided to give up basketball for health reasons so, I think Coach made the best decisions he could make. Steve Holdren and McKennize Casey appeared to be able to play and they were played.

There is one other thing Big Jake does not know either otherwise he would have kept his pie hole shut, and that is Nagy has a weekly meeting individually with each player and they discuss everything that is going on in their lives. He no doubt gave each new freshman an option of playing or red shirting. Casey was a walk on so I can see him grabbing the opportunity to play this year but not sure about Holdren. With his mono bout, he may get his red shirt year in too and be eligible for the big dance season in 2008-09. Of course he will never get the opportunity to play in that dump called Sapp Fieldhouse. ;D
    UNO thats a card game ;D ;D ;D ;D

You got to it before I did, SDSUFAN. Nagy's got a pretty good D-I pedigree.

He grew up in Champaign, the son of a major college assistant coach. I'm guessing he knows more about big time college basketball than all 300+ of us on this board combined.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
    X