Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Whose the best team in South Dakota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Who is the best team" would be correct in my opinion. Thanks for pointing it out.  Mueller does not need to learn grammar, hell he is nothing but a great basketball player. ;D  I believe Mueller said he was going to win four National championships for USD. Where are the other three? The last one won by U of Southestern Dakota (USED) was won in 1958.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
      I believe Mueller said he was going to win four National championships for USD. The last one won by U of Southestern Dakota (USED) was won in 1958.

Mule R Boy Career at USD:

NCC Titles= 0
      Region Titles= 0
      National Titles= 0

Looks like he fell a little short of his goal.

Comment

I feel like a new man this morning and its not because I took exlax, its because MULE BOY'S career at USD is over. I have never had a student athlete leave such a love/hate impression on me, you hate his attitude, but you have to give credit for being a good basketball player. None of the all time great crap, but a good player. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Wow........ Is that all the better you can do when you shoot your mouth off on our board. Let us know when you have something important to say....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by Mueller
            At least we didn't look like a YMCA rec team against Metro and lose by 44 points.
            You're right. It was a close game and a very good season for USD. Congratulations on the season and on your career. You're one of those players that just seemed to drive us all crazy for one reason or another. But that was a good showing against those deadeye shooters at Metro.

Now if we can just get back to talking about SDSU athletics on our SDSU athletics board, it would be nice. I think maybe this thread has played itself out, particularly since the two teams being discussed here don't compete against each other anymore and both are done for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mueller
              At least we didn't look like a YMCA rec team against Metro and lose by 44 points.
              So now it's about the experience?

A loss is a loss, whether by 4 or 44...

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

A loss is a loss, whether by 4 or 44...
                The difference being that one is a heck of a lot more embarrassing than the other.

Comment

Fake Mueller making that post is stupid and defending that statement is even more stupid. Especially from you, sports_buff, who's tag line chides SDSU with "It's not about winning, it's about the experience." If you truly feel winning and losing is all that matters, you would not care about the score but only that you lost. At least stay consistent.

Fake Mueller is just some blowhard who gets enjoyment from further pi$$ing off an already anti-Mueller crowd. He speaks with his head firmly entrenched in his arse. I doubt the real Josh Mueller, as big of a hot head as he is on the court, would endorse Fake Mueller's antics because it makes him look like an idiot on top of being a hot head.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                    Fake Mueller making that post is stupid and defending that statement is even more stupid.  Especially from you, sports_buff, who's tag line chides SDSU with "It's not about winning, it's about the experience."  If you truly feel winning and losing is all that matters, you would not care about the score but only that you lost.  At least stay consistent.  

Fake Mueller is just some blowhard who gets enjoyment from further pi$$ing off an already anti-Mueller crowd.  He speaks with his head firmly entrenched in his arse.  I doubt the real Josh Mueller, as big of a hot head as he is on the court, would endorse Fake Mueller's antics because it makes him look like an idiot on top of being a hot head.
                    I'm certainly not happy about the loss. I'm not happy that we forced metro to play the game of their lives to beat us--shooting 14-17 from the three point line. However, I will say I'm not embarrassed by the effort. You are right, I'm never going to be happy with a loss, and I'm not happy about this one at all. However, I don't think it's inconsisent of me to say I would be more embarrassed losing by 44 points than I would be losing by 4. I don't think I ever acted like your loss to Butler was the same as your loss to Southwest State. I'm not into moral victories at all, but lets face it--some losses are more embarrassing than others. I'm sure you can understand that.

Comment

• Re: Whose the best team in South Dakota?

I was bored while on a business trip and listened to the USD/Metro game. Culhane has to be the most unprofessional broadcaster I have ever listened to. He whined about every call and blamed the loss on the officiating and unbalanced fouls and freethrows. Thankfully we have a true professional in Steve Imming who certainly is in the Jacks court but would never stoop to the antics of Culhane.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                        Culhane has to be the most unprofessional broadcaster I have ever listened to. He whined about every call and blamed the loss on the officiating and unbalanced fouls and freethrows.
                        I couldn't agree more. The guy is a joke. But honestly, would we expect any higher standards from anyone or anything affiliated with usd?
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I was bored while on a business trip and listened to the USD/Metro game. Culhane has to be the most unprofessional broadcaster I have ever listened to. He whined about every call and blamed the loss on the officiating and unbalanced fouls and freethrows. Thankfully we have a true professional in Steve Imming who certainly is in the Jacks court but would never stoop to the antics of Culhane.
                          If you had watched the game you would have seen their was plenty to complain about.
                          But with that being said, even I can't deny that Culhane is a homer. He lets his love for USD get in the way of his announcing. But he can be pretty funny to listen to sometimes, not on purpose. I'm sure it's not as funny for someone who isn't a USD fan.

Comment

I don't mind a certain degree of homerism but this guy is off the charts and his own bias is a disgrace to the broadcasting profession. Good thing he owns the company as I doubt he would find work otherwise. I'm surprised and then again I'm not that USD allows it to go on as it's a bad reflection on the entire university and it's fans.

Comment

I just hope never again to here the phrase 3-banger or rainmaker.

Comment

I don't mind a certain degree of homerism but this guy is off the charts and his own bias is a disgrace to the broadcasting profession. Good thing he owns the company as I doubt he would find work otherwise. I'm surprised and then again I'm not that USD allows it to go on as it's a bad reflection on the entire university and it's fans.
                                Wow, don't you think you are over doing it just a tad. So he's a homer, it's not like he beat his wife or something. : Now that would be a bad reflection on the entire university and it's fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X