Whose having a better year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whose having a better year?

Well at least OK-Jackrabbit knows UNO is in eastern ne. I truly believe that less than 50 percent of people in SD could accurately point to Omaha on a map. Good job Jackrabbit. Rabbit I could point to Norman right now on a map.
    One topic I just don't hear about these days is your fund drive for the 20 million. Usually no news is bad news.
    So while you have had some successes this year (fb, some women's sports and the smash hit of equestrian) you still haven't shown that you can establish the necessary underpinnings to a successful program - MONEY.
    PS- I see where 89 Rabbit's other team (KU Jayhawks) signed a 27 million dollar shoe deal with Adidas. You people need to get Fred on the phone to ink a deal with some company to bring some of that money your way now that you are in the big time of D1.

Comment

Jake,

SDSUFAN just posted about the the $20 million fund raiser yesterday.

Jake, FYI, I am more partial to Kansas State. The wife is a Wildcat and we "State" schools need to stick together.

I did hear that your AD was working on a deal.  Word on the street is that Nike offered UNO a pair of Air Jordans circa 1993 with brand new laces.  Only time will tell if Omaha's "other" team will jump on this sweet D-II deal.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        Yay for UNO!!! They're the best!!! I'm sorry, I'll put in UNO grammer for you to better understand. There the Best!!! I love those Mavs!!!! I see now that I should hate SDSU because rooting for them is pointless. Thank you Mav 1!!!! SDSU bad, UNO good!!! Electricity bad, candlelight good!!!
        Beer Bad! Fire Pretty! (random BTVS reference)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UNO just keeps winning. Every single program is having success.

Mavs Break School Record for Wins in Split
          GRAND FORKS, ND -- The Nebraska-Omaha baseball team broke the school record for wins in a season Monday afternoon by defeating North Dakota, 6-3 for the ballclub's 34th victory of the year.

North Dakota won the opening game of the twinbill, 6-4.

The Mavs sent 10 batters to the plate in the third inning of the night cap and jumped out to a 4-0 lead. Lyle Lafountain went 2-for-3 with two RBIs. David Bodnar and Min Sung also had two hits a piece to lead the UNO attack. Tim Huber (2-2) scattered six hits over six innings and struck out seven to pick up the win. Brandon Kelley came on in the seventh inning to notch his fifth save of the season.

Nebraska-Omaha also grabbed a 4-0 lead in the opening game behind Josh Shirk's three-run blast in the first inning and Brian Frew's RBI double in the second but the Mavs had the lead slip away. The Sioux struck for a run in the third on a solo home run and took the lead for good with four runs in the fourth inning behind four walks and three base hits. UNO had the bases loaded in the final inning but failed to score.

The previous school record for wins in a season (33) was set back in 1976 and matched in 2002.

UNO (34-16, 11-5 NCC) will host Minnesota State, Mankato in a four-game series on Friday and Saturday at the Ballpark at Boys Town.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
            UNO just keeps winning. Every single program is having success.

Mavs Break School Record for Wins in Split
            GRAND FORKS, ND -- The Nebraska-Omaha baseball team broke the school record for wins in a season Monday afternoon by defeating North Dakota, 6-3 for the ballclub's 34th victory of the year.

Congrats to the Mavs on their record. As you said at the top of your post, every single UNO program is having success this season, the NCC's first without NDSU and SDSU. Coincidence ???

Comment

Yesterday while you guys were spending your time googling for pictures and finding definitions for words, we at UNO were consumed with winning titles again.

A.  UNO women won the NCC title in your home state and could host a regional tournament for a chance at a National title.

B.  UNO baseball beat the MSU 3 out of 4 to win the conference title and thus is hosting the conference tournament. We outscored MSU in one of those games 22-1. We continue to add to the wins to the best year in the history of our program.

C.  The womens tennis team advanced to the National tournament by defeating Washburn in the regional in their own backyard.

So you guys keep talking about how you might do this and could do this in the future and we will keep winning titles which is what I am most interested in and what I most care about.

Go Mavs!    ;D

Mavs #1

Comment

Happy Mothers Day!

Comment

As usual Mav- a tremendous post!! I truly believe that your contributions to this site deserve some kind of recognition in the Rabbit Hall of FAme up there in BRookings. Not only have you done a great job recently but you have maintained a level of excellence on this site over the past year that really merits some kudos. Unbelievably informative, funny and full of useful insights. Nice job, Mav!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                    As usual Mav- a tremendous post!!  I truly believe that your contributions to this site deserve some kind of recognition in the Rabbit Hall of FAme up there in BRookings. Not only have you done a great job recently but you have maintained a level of excellence on this site over the past year that really merits some kudos. Unbelievably informative, funny and full of useful insights.  Nice job, Mav!!

Thanks for the props Big Jake. You have had many classic posts yourself. We will have to meet sometime at Maverick game and compare notes. While I don't think that I will ever make the Rabbit Hall of Fame, I would like to Nominate JBNJBQ to the Hall of Shame for having all these posts on here that no one ever reads or replys to. Even his own people don't find any humor in what he has to say or his weak picture smack (yawn). I got to go now to check if we have won another championship in the last 24 hours. We have won so many lately I am losing track.

Go Mavs! ;D

Mavs#1`

Comment

Trolls ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

To: Big Jake and Mavs#1

Good thing you two have each other. Which one of you wears the pants in the relationship?

As far as your posting about the success of UNO Sports...thanks for the updates. It's hard to find any coverage of UNO sports in the Herald because the Mavs are always buried behind the real programs in Nebraska.

UNO can go on to be the most successful DII program in the country, and that news still wouldn't be as exciting as seeing the Jacks open up the season with the Illini.

You don't become strong by lifting the same weight the rest of your life. If you want to better yourself, you become comfortable with saying that challenges to short term success pay dividends in the future.

I couldn't bench 300 lbs the first time I tried. I knew, though, that I would never be able to if I kept preparing by working out with 100 lbs on the bar.

It's time that you understood, Big Jake and Mav#1. This move isn't about bringing home national champtionships in every sponsored sport.

NDSU, UNC, and SDSU - hell, even UND and UNO - were strong enough DII programs to immediately be competitive at the DI-AA conference level. In fact, Oien and others tried to convince the NCC members that the entire conference was ready to jump to Division I. Some programs, though, were scared.

South Dakota State is becoming stronger. I have talked to many an athlete and read many a quote that referred to how playing against top competition has made our athletes better.

Even if State fans turn a deaf ear, Big Jake and Mavs#1, get your shots in while you can. Soon, the letters UNO will only make State fans think of a crappy card game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks02
                          To: Big Jake and Mavs#1

. . .

Even if State fans turn a deaf ear, Big Jake and Mavs#1, get your shots in while you can. Soon, the letters UNO will only make State fans think of a crappy card game.
                          With respects, when I hear the letters UNO I think first of the University of New Orleans. Perhaps we'll be playing them soon in hoops--I wouldn 't mind a road trip to New Orleans.
                          ;D
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Go Jacks 2 , I disagree with your post but I respect the fact that you write a good post. You don't just post stupid pictures but rather have some nice thoughts in there. Don't agree but you make good points. Enjoy your time in d1 obscurity. We will be in d2 obscurity but at least we will be winning in d2 obscurity.

Comment

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                                Go Jacks 2 ,  I disagree with your post but I respect the fact that you write a good post.  You don't just post stupid pictures  but rather have some nice thoughts in there.  Don't agree but you make good points.  Enjoy your time in d1 obscurity.  We will be in d2 obscurity but at least we will be winning in d2 obscurity.

As a team that was the laughing stock of the NCC (Morningside used to look forward to playing UNO), you should be thanking SDSU and NDSU for jumping up to D1. With the two state schools out of your league, your programs will see more available recruits and less competition in your conference play. For years, SDSU has been taking many of the top DII recruits from UNO. Now, UNO only has to worry about losing the best of the best. Of course, you'll never admit it, but SDSU and NDSU jumping to D1 actually helped ensure you will remain successful at the DII level and not fall back into the "guaranteed win" that your program used to be.
                                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                                X