Nice win for USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice win for USD

I must admit, USD's 59-14 thrashing of UNO brings a bit of a smile to this Jackrabbit.

Go Yotes!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Nice win for USD

I never thought I would see the day that I would see a better back from SD than JOsh Ranek. But having seen Stefan Logan now for 2 years I have no doubt that he is even better than Ranek was. Has the same drive but even quicker and more elusive. Unbelievable. We couldn't tackle him all day.
    We may have gotten killed but one could have gotten a BA then an MA and then gone on to graduate from law school at USD and still never seen usd beat the Mavericks in fb. I doubt there are any schools you ever did that to in fb or any sport for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
      I never thought I would see the day that I would see a better back from SD than JOsh Ranek. But having seen Stefan Logan now for 2 years I have no doubt that he is even better than Ranek was. Has the same drive but even quicker and more elusive. Unbelievable. We couldn't tackle him all day.
      We may have gotten killed but one could have gotten a BA then an MA and then gone on to graduate from law school at USD and still never seen usd beat the Mavericks in fb. I doubt there are any schools you ever did that to in fb or any sport for that matter.
      And my smile just gets a bit wider . . . Thanks, Yotes!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yotes must have had the 2nd string in for the second half, didn't they have 42 at halftime?

Comment

Myself and Big Jake have never ran and hid after a big loss for UNO. No question we got our arse kicked. We have taken 9 out of the last 10 in the series so that is what we are hanging our hat on this morning. I would make the arguement that your D1 school is not the best football team in the state. I know that you will say that you would kill them. But after watching them in person, you would have to play a great game to beat them. Your defense might slow them down, but they would not stop them and your quarterback had shown me nothing that would lead me to believe that you would run up and down the field on them. My money would lay on USD. Before you start throwing to many stones in our direction it appears that you are going to have your typical .500 season. Make that 42 years without a title. And why does your university feel the need to come up with a name for every game. Cereal bowl, Beef Bowl , Hobo Day, Hillbilly day and we haven't won a championship since 1963 day. Say bye-bye to your Dakota Marker. You will not win at NDSU.

Mavs#1

Comment

Mavs#dII thinks that if usdII can beat uno so handlily that they must have a really great team. There is another possible answer:

Oh well, he can always dream! Have a fun year getting the snot knocked out of you by DII teams! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
              I would make the arguement that your D1 school is not the best football team in the state.
              USD has a very good team. I was impressed with the speed of Logan and the quarterback. UNO looked like a combination of the skill players from Lacrosse (not bad) and the line and defense from Valpo (very bad) to me. But it's probably just one of those games where one team took it to another. I don't think there's a huge difference in talent there.

As for the comparison with SDSU, that's just your ignorance showing. You should hold your tongue until you see one of these top D1AA teams play. They're incredibly fast and skilled. Cal Poly had amazing athletes, including a 6'6" wide receiver who was just a monster. And that Gocong or whatever on defense will soon be playing on Sundays. SDSU has upgraded its speed enough to hang with these teams, but we're short a few playmakers to get over the hump.

I won't take anything away from USD. They're good. But the game is played at a different speed in D1AA. I am encouraged that SDSU can stay with these teams with 21 fewer scholarships (before you say anything: think about how having 1/3 fewer scholarships than an opponent might impact UNO's chances in DII). You need to see the speed and depth of these teams in person to really understand the difference between DII and D1AA. It's a different game.

Comment

Right on Ok Rabbit, I could not disagree with anything you said. I think too, USD is reaping the benefit of a knee jerking reaction to SDSU going D1, plus John Austin may have been a much better recruiter than he was as coach.  Mierkort, who I understand got his ME from SDSU seems to have the coaching talent to mold the recruits from Austin era into a good team.

Whether USD can continue this sucessful streak remainds to be seen. I am not speaking of this season but future seasons, when SDSU has the fully funded 63 scholarships.  This past week at the Jackrabbit Club and I mentioned it before, Coach Stig plans to take the staff for a visit to U of Montana and will sit down with their staff to find out how they manage their 63 scholarships and how they split them amongst the 85 players allowed.  They want to specifically find out how UM recruits the best in Montana.  Hopefully some of this insight knowledge will later be applied to South Dakota Kids.  

I have never been a parent, but have talked enough to Jack Parents and other parents. A 100 to 200 bucks more of scholarship money makes a big difference in making a choice. ;D

BTW good game USD, I am smiling too, too bad the KELO cameras did not focus more on Pat Behrn during the big plays. Berhns a DSU grad is very arrogant, but a good coach. ;D. 10 YEARS OF Frustation? No just plain Arse kicking that is deserved.

Comment

Myself and Big Jake have never ran and hid after a big loss for UNO. No question we got our arse kicked. We have taken 9 out of the last 10 in the series so that is what we are hanging our hat on this morning. I would make the arguement that your D1 school is not the best football team in the state. I know that you will say that you would kill them. But after watching them in person, you would have to play a great game to beat them. Your defense might slow them down, but they would not stop them and your quarterback had shown me nothing that would lead me to believe that you would run up and down the field on them. My money would lay on USD. Before you start throwing to many stones in our direction it appears that you are going to have your typical .500 season. Make that 42 years without a title. And why does your university feel the need to come up with a name for every game. Cereal bowl, Beef Bowl , Hobo Day, Hillbilly day and we haven't won a championship since 1963 day. Say bye-bye to your Dakota Marker. You will not win at NDSU.

Mavs#1
                  You are making the mistake of thinking that I care whether or not USD would beat SDSU. I really don't.

I do take intense pleasure in the Yotes handing the Mavericks their heads on a silver platter. You, Mavs, are one half of the reason why.

Every tiresome, bleating post by you and Bigjake here simply increases my happiness.

Please continue.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Myself and Big Jake have never ran and hid after a big loss for UNO. No question we got our arse kicked. We have taken 9 out of the last 10 in the series so that is what we are hanging our hat on this morning. I would make the arguement that your D1 school is not the best football team in the state. I know that you will say that you would kill them. But after watching them in person, you would have to play a great game to beat them. Your defense might slow them down, but they would not stop them and your quarterback had shown me nothing that would lead me to believe that you would run up and down the field on them. My money would lay on USD. Before you start throwing to many stones in our direction it appears that you are going to have your typical .500 season. Make that 42 years without a title. And why does your university feel the need to come up with a name for every game.  Cereal bowl, Beef Bowl , Hobo Day, Hillbilly day and we haven't won a championship since 1963 day.  Say bye-bye to your Dakota Marker. You will not win at NDSU.

Mavs#1

Translation............ bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter, bitter.

:'(

Comment

Go Jacks. And for the first time, nice job USD.

Comment

Filbert, I always thought that uno meant absolutely nothing to you fans. I would think you would be pulling for the mavs versus your long time nemesis usd. But it's a free country.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                          Filbert, I always thought that uno meant absolutely nothing to you fans.  I  would think you would be pulling for the mavs versus your long time nemesis usd.  But it's a free country.

Well, to me uno is nothing more than a card game for little children. Nothing more. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

You are making the mistake of thinking that I care whether or not USD would beat SDSU.  I really don't.  

I do take intense pleasure in the Yotes handing the Mavericks their heads on a silver platter.  You, Mavs, are one half of the reason why.

Every tiresome, bleating post by you and Bigjake here simply increases my happiness.

Please continue.

No problem Filbert,  We will gladly continue. Nothing I hate worse than a disgruntled rabbitt. :

Comment

I am encouraged that SDSU can stay with these teams with 21 fewer scholarships (before you say anything: think about how having 1/3 fewer scholarships than an opponent might impact UNO's chances in DII).

OK Jackrabbitt,

I post this message to you because you seem to have the most common sense. You guys are using the scholarship thing now as an excuse which is fine. But what bothers me most about rabbitt fans is that they continue to make excuses for their teams when they are medicore. Isn't anyone upset that your football team has been medicore for 40 years and hasn't won championship or gone deep in the playoffs with your fan support and resources. Bill Callahan has been here less than two years and people are already getting restless especially with the West Coast Offense. I have never seen fans that look at things through rose colored glasses like you guys do. I can appreciate loyal fans but you guys wear me out with the sky is always blue theme. Maybe that is why your football team is without a title for over 40 years because no one is pushing the envelope.

Mavs#1

Comment

Working...
                              X