Nice win for USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice win for USD

Meierkort, I believe has an ME from SDSU so he is not a bad guy and I think he does know how to coach. I think what USD fans are overlooking when they bad mouth John Austin and his scheduling and coaching, is that all the recruits that Ed has had to work with were recruited by John Austin. I think the reason John Austin fought for his job was he knew he had just brought a good bunch on campus, most now are juniors and seniors including Logan and Beachcomber or what ever his name. He wanted more time to turn it around, but the unsucessful candidate for Governor Jim Abbott thought otherwise.

Comment

I won't question John Austin's ability to get players he just didn't have a clue how to be an effective sideline coach. One of the biggests assets of Meierkort is his recruiting actually. I sure don't mind his game day preperation though.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Coyote Fan:
        How can you say Meierkort has recruiting skills when he has only been at USD two seasons. His squad as the schedule was made by John Austin. Possibley SDSU D1 may have temporaily given USD some extras, but that wont last for long.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

UND plays in Vermin town not sure about the St Cloud game.  I listen to the UND game yesterday. UND defense is very good. If they can stop Birkel, St Cloud's version of Ranek, they probably can stop Logan.
          Matt Birkel is not half the runningback that Josh Ranek was...Birkel is a product of a great line and system that is built around him. He is good...but not in the same class as Ranek. Logan and Day are far more talented backs that Birkel...however, statistically he will always be right up there with them because of the situation he is in. Look at his numbers against quality NCC teams and you will see that he was shut down in the Dakota Dome last year and obviously was against UND this weekend. He's great against inferior teams but struggles against legitimate ones.

Comment

Working...
          X