Men's Basketball attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men's Basketball attendance

D1 Hockey. Big Deal. The NHL took a whole year off and nobody missed it. How many NCAA hockey teams are there. 40? 50? It's not difficult to be at the top when there are so few programs.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Good luck today against St. Cloud State, although I have a feeling the Huskies are going to end your season.

South Dakota State University - - D-I in everything we do!  8)

Go State!  ;D

Looks like I was right, it will be up to the Northern State Wolves to carry the standard for South Dakota D-II Basketball.

St. Cloud St. 85 - USD 69.

Better luck next year.

Go State! ;D

Comment

GO WOLVES!!!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Final Results are in

SDSU Men -  Avg. 2,070  per home game

USD Men - Avg. 1,979  per home game

SDSU Women - Avg. 1,905 per home game

UNO Men - Avg. 1,111  per home game

Congratulations to the USD Men for just nipping our Women's program, better luck next year to our friends from UNO.

Go State!  ;D
          NDSU's women are having their worst season in 20 some years and they even averaged 1,912. USD's men barely gets above both the SU's women teams, as for UNO that is just sad.

Comment

What a great win for the Tarheels!!  Sorry its off topic but I just love the way UNC embarrassed the Dookies.  Verm, too bad.  I see at least 2 more losses for the devils, the ACC tourney and early in the NCAA.  As for Carolina, can you say back-to-back?  Not likely but they sure are playing well for a team that lost their top 7 scoreres.

As for the yotes, what did you expect?  They are the yotes after all.

Good luck to the new creme of the crop in the upper midwest, the NSIC.  Progress is necessary and we couldn't wait around.  Soon enough DWU, USF, (insert a NAIA or DIII school) will be DII.  Not for us.

Waiting for yote fans excuses while I watch the UNC victory over Duke again.

I wonder how many teams the Jacks played in BB this year will be in the NCAA tourney?
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
              What a great win for the Tarheels!!  Sorry its off topic but I just love the way UNC embarrassed the Dookies.  Verm, too bad.  I see at least 2 more losses for the devils, the ACC tourney and early in the NCAA.  As for Carolina, can you say back-to-back?  Not likely but they sure are playing well for a team that lost their top 7 scoreres.

As for the yotes, what did you expect?  They are the yotes after all.

Good luck to the new creme of the crop in the upper midwest, the NSIC.   Progress is necessary and we couldn't wait around.  Soon enough DWU, USF, (insert a NAIA or DIII school) will be DII.  Not for us.

Waiting for yote fans excuses while I watch the UNC victory over Duke again.

I wonder how many teams the Jacks played in BB this year will be in the NCAA tourney?
              It's never easy to come into Cameron and get a win; especially when you're doing it with freshman leading you. Good win for UNC. Looking forward to possibly two more matchups between the two this year. J.J. will catch fire once again.

Comment

[quote author=jackmd link=board=Smack;num=1140934817;start=30#37 date=03/04/06 at 09:03:21]Coyote_fan, please tell me your still in high school and this is the reason for your ignorance.  

The NSIC is now the equivalent of the NCC, if not ahead of you.  USD finished 1-2 against NSIC teams this year, including a loss to Southwest St.  NSU and WSU are both ranked in the top 15 and hold secure spots in the post-season.  When Bemidji St. wins the NSIC tourney, 3 teams from the NSIC will be in the regional.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to reason that I should be in high school then what does that mean for your education since you don't have your facts straight for one and for two you make bad assumptions with Bemidji St winning the NSIC tourney.

First of all without having to even think for more than 3 seconds I know for a fact that USD defeated Bemidji State and Wayne State making 1-2 and awfully difficult calculation for you to prove. Bemidji State isn't even close to as good (or at least consistant) as Northern let alone Winona St. They would have had to get by both teams on a neutral court/away court and do that with an inconsistant team which is what they are. They play great one night and terrible the next. They have been doing that all year, and I question your knowledge of that. Bemidji State got schooled last night by Northern.

I think someone else better go back to school. Maybe learn to check your facts before putting them in writing. Usually that is what educated people do.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by MAVPOWER
                  Filbert,  You are right - we didn't have 9 d1 wins this year.  In our D1 sport we had 19 and we are still counting.  We also did it against upper echelon d1 schools with good sized budgets.  Not exactly against pan american and my beloved roos.  We also killed you in attendance and most of our fans are actual paying fans and not students who meander over to the game and just show their ID and come in. Our hockey fans pay for their seats.  I would bet that the higher ups at sdsu are much more concerned about budget these days than the people at uno are.  Finally, we are in a great league with the likes of OSU, Notre Dame, Michigan and Michigan State. Not exactly "bush league" universities.  I am going to a playoff game tonite - most of you will probably be sitting in front of your computer tonite trying to figure out who is going to take UNC's place in that fledgling league of yours or else you will be on the MId COnt board thinking of far fetched scenarios where they will invite you into their league.  It is great to be a winner in D1!!!
                  JackMD - are you really a real doctor or are you a doctor like Julius Erving.  I always thought medical docs were busy.  You post so often that it makes me wonder if you really are a doctor.  Or maybe you are a PHD doc who is up in his "ivory tower" somewhere?
                  Finally, where has Okla Jackrabbit been lately.  Maybe he got disillusioned with all the losing and gave up?  Just wondering
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Your the man Mavpower, your the man. Jackrabbit fans are proud of losing most of their Division 1 games and they will be proud of losing most of their Division 1 games 20 years from now.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Final Results are in

SDSU Men -  Avg. 2,070  per home game

USD Men - Avg. 1,979  per home game

SDSU Women - Avg. 1,905 per home game

UNO Men - Avg. 1,111  per home game

Congratulations to the USD Men for just nipping our Women's program, better luck next year to our friends from UNO.

Go State!  ;D
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

The facts prove one thing. The difference between SDSU mens basketball attendance and USD mens basketball attendance has shrunk in the last couple of years. If D1 was such a great thing SDSU would be doubling USD's attendance since D2 is supposed to be well below D1 in excitement, competition, etc. With USD losing many conference rivals in the past few years it is explainable that their attendance go down a bit. There is no excuse for SDSU, afterall this is supposed to be the big bad D1 of collegiate athletics.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The facts prove one thing.  The difference between SDSU mens basketball attendance and USD mens basketball attendance has shrunk in the last couple of years.  If D1 was such a great thing SDSU would be doubling USD's attendance since D2 is supposed to be well below D1 in excitement, competition, etc.  With USD losing many conference rivals in the past few years it is explainable that their attendance go down a bit.  There is no excuse for SDSU, afterall this is supposed to be the big bad D1 of collegiate athletics.  
                      To be fair with your "facts" you should subtract your womens games attendance from your mens numbers. You play double headers, we don't.

In fact you should probably divide all of your numbers by 2 since everyone knows that you guys estimate your crowds very "liberally" at usdII. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Yote, Yote, I stuck up for you in my last post but now you are using a very classic public relations ploy, (most recently displayed by the U.S. administration), which is called spinning.

Come on...you know we were going to struggle against these Div. I teams for awhile. Heck last year we knew as well as everyone else we were going to struggle against Div. II teams.

Nagy will get this team on track and our attendance will improve dramatically. I think you would even enjoy coming up to Brookville to enjoy a game. It is kinda fun watching some of this speed and talent these teams have. Besides, a cold one in the downtown district is always a good excuse isnt it?

Hey, I like to read & watch how the wiley ones are doing. I mean they should be our No.#1 Div.II entity now. That is where USD decided to stay, lets make the best of it. We lost some good rivalrys too. We are building new ones as you will.

If you want to come up for a game some time PM me and I will gladly bring you to a game? You might be suprised how easy it is to enjoy the difference in competition.

I can not "Screw the U" as in the old days anymore because it makes no sence. I'll gladly jump on board to watch the Yotes "Stab the Mav", it has more reason to it.

I'm a South Dakotan first, my heart will stay with a SD team first, no matter the division.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

GO JACKS and yes, GO YOTES!

Comment

Like I said before you guys really need to worry about catching up with Northern State, the best D-II team in South Dakota,  before you worry about what is going on with the "Big Boys".  

South Dakota State University - - D-I in everything we do!  8)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden

I can not "Screw the U"  as in the old days anymore because it makes no sence.  I'll gladly jump on board to watch the Yotes "Stab the Mav", it has more reason to it.

I'm a South Dakotan first, my heart will stay with a SD team first, no matter the division.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

GO JACKS and yes, GO YOTES!

I second that -- in fact I've been saying it for a long time!

Comment

Coyote_Fan wrote:
                              The facts prove one thing. The difference between SDSU mens basketball attendance and USD mens basketball attendance has shrunk in the last couple of years. If D1 was such a great thing SDSU would be doubling USD's attendance since D2 is supposed to be well below D1 in excitement, competition, etc. With USD losing many conference rivals in the past few years it is explainable that their attendance go down a bit. There is no excuse for SDSU, afterall this is supposed to be the big bad D1 of collegiate athletics.
                              I ran the attendance numbers throwing out usd's women's attendance for the double headers and came up with these numbers:

SDSU men's and women's total combined attendance: 43,893
                              usd's men's and women's total combined attendance: 31,301

Nope not doubling usd's attendance but 12,592 more fans showing up at Frost Arena is significant.

Comment

ONe more thing to smack about the yotes. Pep band dosen't play for the women's games but plays for the mens' games. Guess women don't count down there.

Comment

Working...
                                X