Men's Basketball attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men's Basketball attendance

looks like they packed the dome for the first round of the ncc playoffs down in vermillion. 2362. WOW!!!!

Comment

Yeah, at this rate they might at some point have to consider playing their games in some structure other than the giant grain bin they currently play in. I hear that they've got a copy of Kansas City's Sprint Center blueprints, now all they need is $300 million from Tom Brokaw and they'll be breaking ground. Or wind . . . I had trouble hearing that part.

Has anybody mentioned recently how bad the D-Dome sucks for basketball?

You know, the only thing I miss about the NCC is how astonishingly easy it was to run smack at the other schools. I guess that's just another benefit of conference membership.

Bring on New Jersey Tech!

(Extra-credit essay question: Did I just run smack on ourselves just now? If so, was it funny? Discuss . . .)
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I saw a mini pic of a USD player on the front page of the Argus yesterday, and it was the first time I have even thought about USD for months.

After seeing the level of competition the Jacks have played this year, USD seems so irrelevant.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

It's amazing how so many Jackrabbit fans are so proud of the competition they have played against since moving to D1. There is no college basketball team in America at any level that would not be able to take the court against good competition. It's one thing to play against good competition. It's another thing to win against good competion. Until SDSU starts to win against good competion who really cares who they are playing. D1 or not the state of Jackrabbit basketball is in major disarray and it's rather humorous actually. At least USD runs a clean program and is competitive at it, unlike the blue and yellow.

You can play D1 all you want but if your constantly failing in doing so there is no accomplishment in that.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
            It's amazing how so many Jackrabbit fans are so proud of the competition they have played against since moving to D1.  There is no college basketball team in America at any level that would not be able to take the court against good competition.  It's one thing to play against good competition.  It's another thing to win against good competion.  Until SDSU starts to win against good competion who really cares who they are playing.  D1 or not the state of Jackrabbit basketball is in major disarray and it's rather humorous actually.  At least USD runs a clean program and is competitive at it, unlike the blue and yellow.  

You can play D1 all you want but if your constantly failing in doing so there is no accomplishment in that.    

Coyote Fan,

Great Post, but these rabbit fans could care less about winning. Don't you know they are a land grant university? : That is what matters to them. Seeing their name across the ESPN ticker is what they are all about. Getting blown out and having players get in trouble means nothing to them. They could go winless in all sports and they wouldn't care. The fact that they are D1 and we are not and that they are land grant university's and we are not is all that matters to them. They should just remove the scoreboards from all of their athletic venues because they just don't care. Weird I know, but to each his own.

Mavs#1

Comment

Yote_Fan,

I thought I would get on here and lash back at you for your ignorance but then it struck me. :-X

Your no different than Gaypower, BJ, or DII Mav! :'(

GO JACKS!

Comment

Typical coyote fan. They like to think of themselves as a leading liberal arts college. Then, the only thing they care about is men's basketball and football. Yes, that's some real learning going on in Vermillion.

If I'm not mistaken, our women's basketball team (in two years) has defeated the Crimson Tide (twice), Kentucky (yes, the REAL Kentucky), Nebraska, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State and others. Are those big enough names for you?

Oh, in the small minds of some, women's athletics do not count. There are a lot of people who need to come out of their caves and realize it's the year 2006.

Have we taken a few lumps on the men's side? You bet. It hurts but we are going to get better. And when we get better, USD will continue to fade in our rear view mirrors ... all alone ... isolated in Vermillion ... a bunch of small minded thinkers.

Comment

Oh ... I see Mavericks#1 has weighed in. He's a second cousin to Torg who lives three caves down from Coyote_Fan.

Comment

Now to you MavDII,

How in the HE(double toothpick) would you know what we want?

You are a sore spot in my side because you do not understand the process.  You just get on here to stir the kettle.  You have proven time-and-time again that you have no knowledge of 80% of the crap that comes from your brain.

YOU my freind are a loser that depends on the media for all of your info.  You do not take the time to research anything that you boast.  By the way...that is something you do learn in most upper educational institutions.  Researching the background before delivering the information.

I respect some of Yote_fan's comments because I do like the school.  I have a nephew going to school there right now because of there PT degree.  I also have many fine freinds that received their degrees there because of their fields of study.  They are a different type of institution than SDSU and do a nice job with what they have.

You on the other hand did not even attend UNO if I remember right?  

Now that I said that,  I invite you to come up to the Bird Cage in Sioux Falls later this year for one of our baseball games with KSU.  I would love to meet you face-to-face to talk about your sincere stupidity.  You cant miss me, ask anyone if they know where MR. Clean is...they'll point me out and we can have a very intelligent informing conversation in one of the suites.

You feel me froggy?

P.S.
                    Bring Gaypower along, that is if he is someone different.
                    I feel I know enough about the former Div. II and the NCC as well as this transition period to hold my own with the two of you?

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden

You on the other hand did not even attend UNO if I remember right?  

You feel me froggy?

Rabbit Den,

If you had done your research on this board you would have found out that I did graduate from UNO. Teach what you preach in regards to opening your pie hole before you get the facts.

As far as calling me out... be careful that your mouth writes a check that your arse can't cover. I wouldn't bring Mavpower into the mix. I have seen that dude and he isn't someone that I would want to run into a in dark alley. Now I have to leave you to concentrate on my Mavericks as they make runs in conference tournaments as well as making their mark on the national level.

Mavs#1

Comment

First of all Mav...I did put a question mark next to that question so it shows I was unsure of that comment.

Now as far as calling you out...I was speaking of a nice intelligent conversation talking about institutions over a totie as most educated men do. :-/

But now that you seem to want to throw on the gloves...I'm hare and I will jump...I'm not a scared little rabbit myself...trust me on this one, I think you are moooing up the wrong tree...I dont care who you bring!
                        You and Gaypower are no diffrent than the hundreds that have ATTEMPTED to inflict discomfort on me before. >

Like I've said many times before...START YOUR OWN THREAD ON YOUR LONELY CALVES AND FREE US OF YOUR INSANITY! :-*

GO JACKS!

Comment

**** (note) this a rooster crow, the message board software does not permit certain words, no matter what the context) a doodle do, we seem to have a early morning group eager to post about our basketball attendance.

If the action is all in the D2 NCC, why did we out average both? Something must be going right at SDSU.

I would like to see better attendence, but when we go to the tip of Texas, Edinburg to be exact, and our snowbirds show up with SDSU blue and yellow and out number the Texas-Pan American turnout in fans, it can not be all bad.

How many USD and UNO snowbirds got to see their teams play this winter? Lets see how many USD fans turn out at Bellingham Wash when they play UWW in football this fall or is it next fall, not sure. SDSU had 400 to 500 when we played their in 2001 or so. A WWU fan said to me the SDSU turnout was the largest that they had in a long time for a visiting team.

One big advantage of being D1 and playing in all these places that Yote fan does not care about, it gives our alums and former residents a chance to see the Jacks in action, something they have never had the chance to be part of when competeting at D2.

Comment

All right boys, let's start with the basics.  SDSU's Men's Program has 8 D-I wins.  Probably the most impressive were Denver (NIT last year) and Central Florida (C-USA, on the road, NCAA Tourney last year).  How many D-I wins did USD get?  How about UNO?  Let's put them together and see what we have?  The answer is the same zero, nada, and zilch.

You guys did put up some impressive wins against Simpson (How is Homer?), Panhandle State, York, and Doane.  Big time programs, household names I can see why you are so proud.

Last, I checked you boys finished 3rd and second to last in a watered down NCC (thank God for UND, huh Mav).  UNO's team is already done for the year and it looks like USD's boys will have to run the tabel in the NCC post season tourney or you will be watching the playoffs, well not really watching your playoffs since they aren't on TV.  You will be watching our Division's playoffs.

On the Women's side while we were beating Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Alabama your schools had some more impressive wins.  How about York, Mount Marty (twice at the Dome, well done), Peru State, and Regis (I didn't know the hair cut place had a team).  Now from what I understand the USD women are already done for the season as UNO beat them in the NCC tourney but it is a safe beat that like the men both schools will be watching the D-I playoffs on TV.

Finally let me offer some advice, you guys should really be looking for NSIC school boards to post on.  Looks like Winona State and Northern State are the "power" schools in your region of your division.  

http://campus.umr.edu/sports/regional.html

North Central Region

1. Fort Hays State (20-2)  
                            2. Winona State (20-4)
                            3. Northern State (18-4)

4. Minnesota State-Mankato (20-6)
                            5. Nebraska-Kearney (17-6)
                            6. Fort Lewis (16-7)  
                            7. Metropolitan State (14-8 )
                            8. St. Cloud State (16-8 )  
                            9. Mesa State (17-8 )
                            10. South Dakota (16-7)  

And you guys try and tell us that the NCC isn't watered down, the Northern Sun's second place team is ahead of the NCC's highest ranked team.  :  Heck even Nebraska-Kearney is on that list.  It must be hard being the second best D-II team in your states I can see why you are so bitter when you get to our board.

You boys start your own boards, maybe it will drive some interest and you can help your schools raise some money and then you can pass the Wolves and Lopers and become the #1 D-II schools in your respective states.  It is a good goal, you can thank me later.  No need to worry about us we are the best D-I school in our state.    

Go State!  ;D

Comment

*From the Moderator

Let's knock off the "let's take it outside" talk please.

Comment

One question for yote and mav fans.

In the history of the NCC who has the most successful men's basketball program?
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X